No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Station_Z wrote: »

I can't find any spoiler at all. Maybe I'm stupido..

Tell us instead
    Contraband wrote: »

Tell us instead

Possibly referring to the last video in the stories?
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    DB5 getting rammed in to in the passenger side by an SUV.
    Marketto's confirmed that Madeleine's Receptionist listing on IMDb is indeed legit and Seydoux's role is indeed bigger than most people here seem to think... https://www.jamesbondbrasil.com/2019/09/exclusivo-papel-de-madeleine-swann-em-no-time-to-die-vai-alem-da-sequencia-inicial/

Honestly, this should have been put to bed when Seydoux got third billing after Craig and Malek.
  • Contraband wrote: »

Tell us instead

Again: Spoiler!
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    So basically a video is posted
    about the MI6 getting rammed and Madeleine presumably being killed in the incident yet Marchetto confirms that Madeleine will have a bigger role (fortunately). I love how they apparently contradict each other, which makes me think Madeline may indeed fake her death
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe

Tell us instead

Hmmm....

mtm wrote: »
    That DB5 in the garage is rigged for a driver and no passenger by the looks of it. For when Madeline takes over?

Note the number plate? Why conceiling parts of it?
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    The car chase can’t be the PTS based on the clapperboard
    Walecs wrote: »
    about the MI6 getting rammed and Madeleine presumably being killed in the incident yet Marchetto confirms that Madeleine will have a bigger role (fortunately). I love how they apparently contradict each other, which makes me think Madeline may indeed fake her death

Or...
    Madeleine appears lifeless after the crash. Bond, under attack, leaves her believing she is dead. And the audience (and Spectre) are left believing that too. However, she has survived but badly injured and Bond learns of her fate later on. Perhaps she goes into hiding, changing her ID to protect herself and believing that being with Bond jeopardises her life. That may explain the original title, A Reason to Die, now of course titled No Time to Die.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Thanks for saying so; I might have to duck out of the thread...

Tell us instead

Ah thanks.
    Tuxedo wrote: »

Tell us instead

Hmmm....

Now that's confused me even more............
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 4,400
    antovolk wrote: »
    Marketto's confirmed that Madeleine's Receptionist listing on IMDb is indeed legit and Seydoux's role is indeed bigger than most people here seem to think... https://www.jamesbondbrasil.com/2019/09/exclusivo-papel-de-madeleine-swann-em-no-time-to-die-vai-alem-da-sequencia-inicial/

Honestly, this should have been put to bed when Seydoux got third billing after Craig and Malek.

Terrific work, @marketto007

It makes total sense that her role would be more than the PTS. In fact, I don't think she is in the PTS at all. Basically, Matera is not the PTS according to the clapperboards. There was no way that Eon would hire PWB just to 'fridge' the female lead from the previous film at the outset of the sequel to make room for the next younger model.

I assume that Madeleine and Bond break up. I do enjoy the idea of Bond having to make contact with an ex-girlfriend. The idea was, for me, the most interesting part of TND. Clearly, it hurt Bond seeing Paris move on with her life and he was full of jealousy at the life he had given up. Even though he openly acknowledges that it was his decision to walk away. Whether it be because he's a spy or a commitment-phobe is something for the audience to ponder.

So this is a cool development. More Lea Seydoux is never a bad thing......................

EChdLZ4XsAMW6KI?format=jpg&name=medium
    Cast & crew will shoot in italian town Sapri from Sunday 8 to Thursday 12 September, then again from 23 September - at the train station, the port and nearby Canale di Mezzanotte (midnight beach) which is basically a lagoon (with caves.)

Rte089V.jpg
    WUjBHpF.jpg

https://www.salernonotizie.it/2019/09/04/cinema-a-sapri-si-girano-alcune-scene-del-film-007/

Sapri map

• JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited September 2019 Posts: 3,497

It makes total sense that her role would be more than the PTS. In fact, I don't think she is in the PTS at all. Basically, Matera is not the PTS according to the clapperboards. There was no way that Eon would hire PWB just to 'fridge' the female lead from the previous film at the outset of the sequel to make room for the next younger model.

I assume that Madeleine and Bond break up. I do enjoy the idea of Bond having to make contact with an ex-girlfriend. The idea was, for me, the most interesting part of TND. Clearly, it hurt Bond seeing Paris move on with her life and he was full of jealousy at the life he had given up. Even though he openly acknowledges that it was his decision to walk away. Whether it be because he's a spy or a commitment-phobe is something for the audience to ponder.

So this is a cool development. More Lea Seydoux is never a bad thing......................

Quite right you are.

t1eFdBo.jpg
    Cast & crew will shoot in italian town Sapri from Sunday 8 to Thursday 12 September, then again from 23 September - at the train station, the port and nearby Canale di Mezzanotte (midnight beach) which is basically a lagoon (with caves.)

Rte089V.jpg
    WUjBHpF.jpg

https://www.salernonotizie.it/2019/09/04/cinema-a-sapri-si-girano-alcune-scene-del-film-007/

Sapri map

Beautiful. Does this mean main cast & 1st unit?
    REl1B1p.jpg

I think that's a huge reach. You can't tell what happens to the occupants. But, now we know why Bond is on the motorbike.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Someone wrote: »

I think that's a huge reach. You can't tell what happens to the occupants. But, now we know why Bond is on the motorbike.

They may have ejected before the collision ;)
    Someone wrote: »

Bond is on his own once he's out of the DB5, (and steals/rides the motorbike) so that strongly suggests --
    With the car crash, Madeleine is presumed dead. Bond would not leave her if he thought she was still alive. But I speculate that she isn't dead after all, as per my earlier post. From the various images/clips we have seen from the chase and also Bond (stunt double) leaping from the bridge, I don't think that's wild speculation re: the results of the car smash.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    How do we think Bond loses the tie?
    ggl007 wrote: »
    37 and 54??

zdeVyDY.jpg

Fu8AZ8J.jpg

Where did that clapperboard 37 pic come from? Its not out of bounds for an action sequence where a scene is basically a shot of a few seconds, where a chase lasting several minutes could cover 20 'scenes'.
  • GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona

It's kinda weird. But, more and more it seems elements of my own story become reality https://www.docdroid.net/q503afj/story-treatment-james-bond-007-in-murder-on-wheels-final-2docx.pdf :-/ :-?. I also had Madeleine Swann return (and Blofeld), and never killed her off. Like in the novel FRWL I just….let the love relationship between Bond and Swann end after the PTS and main titles.

However, I am starting to think Madeleine eventually becomes an important 'chess stone' within S.P.E.C.T.R.E. I wouldn't be surprised if Madeleine turns out to be the Rosa Klebb-esque bad girl of the main plot. Perhaps they even film it in such a way that we, the audience, actually see this unfolding, but that the character Bond knows nothing about about it. A bit like in the film FRWL.

It's kinda weird. But, more and more it seems elements of my own story become reality https://www.docdroid.net/q503afj/story-treatment-james-bond-007-in-murder-on-wheels-final-2docx.pdf :-/ :-?. I also had Madeleine Swann return (and Blofeld), and never killed her off. Like in the novel FRWL I just….let the love relationship between Bond and Swann end after the PTS and main titles.

However, I am starting to think Madeleine eventually becomes an important 'chess stone' within S.P.E.C.T.R.E. I wouldn't be surprised if Madeleine turns out to be the Rosa Klebb-esque bad girl of the main plot. Perhaps they even film it in such a way that we, the audience, actually see this unfolding, but that the character Bond knows nothing about about it. A bit like in the film FRWL.

Having her go "bad" would completely go against her character and her actions in Spectre. She's trying to protect herself from a terrible past which her criminal father brought upon her and her mother.

I cant see her being a baddie in this..why didn't she kill Bond in SP then,she had plenty of opportunities .
    DCisared wrote: »

He realises how ugly it is and trows it away.

;)
  • GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    edited September 2019 Posts: 431
    ColonelSun wrote: »

Having her go "bad" would completely go against her character and her actions in Spectre. She's trying to protect herself from a terrible past which her criminal father brought upon her and her mother.

Then let's do it like I pointed out in my story then, shall we :D ?

The fun thing of this news however is the fact that there are no real ' SonyLeaks'. We can guess until we weigh an ounce, but nothing will be revealed in full until the premiere hehe. So much more fun!
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I cant see her being a baddie in this..why didn't she kill Bond in SP then,she had plenty of opportunities .

Absolutely. She's trying to escape her father's criminal past and his associations with Spectre. The problem she has with Bond, which is why she walks away from him at one point in SP, is he is also trailed by danger. The pre-title scenes prove, that even after Bond has left Mi6, that danger still follows him - both of them. I think
    regardless of what happens to her in the car crash
    Madeleine realises life with Bond might never be safe.
    Univex wrote: »
    DCisared wrote: »

He realises how ugly it is and trows it away.

;)

Or perhaps, given the circumstances, he uses it as a tourniquet for either himself or Madeline.

Absolutely. She's trying to escape her father's criminal past and his associations with Spectre. The problem she has with Bond, which is why she walks away from him at one point in SP, is he is also trailed by danger. The pre-title scenes prove, that even after Bond has left Mi6, that danger still follows him - both of them. I think

Indeed Colonel.
    They are a dangerous liability to each other,put them together and it creates a smoking gun situation re SPECTRE !!

Indeed Colonel.
    They are a dangerous liability to each other,put them together and it creates a smoking gun situation re SPECTRE !!

Indeed. I suspect one of the themes of NTTD will be exactly that -- and their story will be how they manage to finally overcome that. I think Bond believes she is dead after the pre-title events, but he discovers she's still alive and in hiding after he's drawn (by Felix) out of self imposed isolation and retirement (living alone in Jamaica) and back into action.