Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited August 2019 Posts: 23,102
    Man JOKER is going to be amazing

776mt4w2r7j31.jpg

Very curious about this film, but it won't be a cinema trip for me.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    @bondjames @boldfinger @DarthDimi @MajorDSmythe @JamesBondKenya @Shardlake

With a duration of 3 hours & 30 minutes, The Irishman is now officially Martin Scorsese's longest film, beating 'Wolf of Wall Street' by a full 30 minutes.

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/08/the-irishman-martin-scorsese-longest-movie-ever-1202169264/

I've got no problem with that whatsoever, if the duration justifies its time which I think it will, the epic running time will be to its advantage.

Laundromat, looks good, Oldman & Bandera's look to be having a ball.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    First trailer for Bad Boys 3 coming in the next few days/weeks.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @DaltonCraig007, what is that last video, the BB3 trailer? I can´t see it, it says it´s unavailable because it´s private.

I´m having really high hopes that the direction and script of BB3 will be on the level of the chemistry between Smith and Lawrence.

edited August 2019 Posts: 15,686
    @boldfinger It was this:

Netflix seems to have geo-blocked that trailer in certain countries.
    @DaltonCraig007, thanks. Doesn´t look too bad too. Although I´m not sure if it´s not "too intellectual" for me ;-).
    First reviews are out for Ad Astra: 90% on Rotten Tomatoes with an average score of 8.5/10, and a MetaCritic score of 86.

Brad Pitt's star quality shines in an existential sci-fi spectacular.

Sublime and stupendous. Beautiful, bold and remarkably executed, this is Gray’s masterpiece, driven by a career-best turn from Pitt.

Existential but also intimate, Ad Astra is a stunning, sensitive exploration of the space left by an absent parent — and the infinite void of actual space.

Brad Pitt is an intergalactic Captain Willard, taking a fraught mission up-river in James Gray’s Ad Astra, an outer-space Apocalypse Now which played to rapt crowds at the Venice film festival. In place of steaming jungles, this gives us existential chills. Instead of Viet Cong soldiers, it provides man-eating baboons and pirates riding dune-buggies. It’s an extraordinary picture, steely and unbending and assembled with an unmistakable air of wild-eyed zealotry. Ad Astra, be warned, is going all the way - and it double-dares us to buckle up for the trip.

This is spare and mythic storytelling; the more expansive its vision gets, the more inward-looking its focus becomes. Even with a linear narrative that never slows down, a chase sequence that feels like “Fury Road” on the moon, and a suspenseful vision of the galaxy that makes room for any number of unexpected surprises (beware the claw marks inside a seemingly abandoned spaceship), “Ad Astra” is still one of the most ruminative, withdrawn, and curiously optimistic space odysseys this side of “Solaris.” It’s also one of the best.

----

Red Band trailer:

buujx7wghij31.jpg
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil

buujx7wghij31.jpg

THIS is how I'd love to see NTTD One-sheet poster.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 5,767
    It´s not bad indeed. If only the film were worth it.

Looking forward to Ad Astra.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

buujx7wghij31.jpg

A proper movie poster, that.

buujx7wghij31.jpg

Seconded Marketto, cool poster indeed, trailer was ok too but doubt I will go to cinema to see it?
    First poster for Olivier Assayas' Wasp Network:

The story of five Cuban political prisoners who had been imprisoned by the United States since the late 1990s on charges of espionage and murder.

o84klckqjoj31.jpg

----

First official image of Edgar Wright's Last Night in Soho:

o7sw432yxnj31.jpg

Starring: Anya Taylor-Joy, Matt Smith, Diana Rigg and Terence Stamp.

----

Trailers confirmed to arrive in the coming weeks:

1st trailer for Bad Boys 3.
    2nd trailer for Doctor Sleep.
    1st trailer for Birds of Prey.
    1st trailer for Black Christmas.
    First official images of the new film by Justin Kurzel (Macbeth, Assassins Creed), True History of the Kelly Gang:

3ShK4rc.jpg
    E8GaXNT.jpg
    tjObDvd.jpg
    XcL8OfN.jpg
    xMUZiTN.jpg

Based on Peter Carey's novel. The story of Australian bush-ranger Ned Kelly and his gang as they flee from authorities during the 1870s.

Starring: Russell Crowe, Charlie Hunnam, Nicholas Hoult and George MacKay.
    No photo of the armour yet ?
    New pictures from Martin Scorsese's The Irishman:

irishman-excl-1.jpg
    irishman-excl-2.jpg
    irishman-excl-3.jpg

First official image of Edgar Wright's Last Night in Soho:

o7sw432yxnj31.jpg

Starring: Anya Taylor-Joy, Matt Smith, Diana Rigg and Terence Stamp.
    Did I read that correct: Diana Rigg? What a nice group of names!

Bring on that BB3 trailer already!

That Kelly Gang thing looks very interesting, although I´m going to need a few hours to not mix them up with The Kelly Family. I´ve heard of Ned Kelly, I think there´s a pub in my town with that name, but The Kelly Family are still wider known in Germany :-)).

Not sure what to make of those Irishman pics.

edited September 2019 Posts: 15,686
    September 2019 preview:

Of course, it didn't happen that way. But I like Felicity Jones, so...
    @bondjames @doubleoego @boldfinger @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi

Katheryn Winnick and Juan Pablo Raba join Liam Neeson in the action/thriller The Minuteman.

A rancher (Neeson) on the Arizona border becomes the unlikely defender of a young Mexican boy desperately fleeing the cartel assassins who've pursued him into the U.S.

Filming starts next week in New Mexico.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/katheryn-winnick-juan-pablo-raba-join-liam-neeson-minuteman-1236328

23commuter-trailer2-article-Large.png
    Tremble, oh cartels, in front of the fierce and mighty LM!

japlcc4gfgk31.jpg

----

----

I'm interested. And the filmmakers certainly noticed this:

h8E65FA62

Good cast. Also, it's Elliot Carver vs. Elliot Harmsway.
    Ben Wheatley (Free Fire, Kill List) will direct Tomb Raider 2, to be released on March 19, 2021.

https://deadline.com/2019/09/tomb-raider-sequel-ben-wheatley-director-alicia-vikander-lara-croft-mgm-march-19-2021-release-1202710550/
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Looks more like a sequel to BIG MOMMA'S HOUSE.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    How is it even possible that in a quarter century, Will Smith has barely aged?