The Petrolhead Lounge

Comments

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Ah, now that's a stunning car!!!
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Ah, now that's a stunning car!!!

It sure is.

And how about this Stutz DV32?

hI3OQNM.jpg
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Well, it's called stutz for a reason 😏
    edited August 2019 Posts: 3,497
    Well, it's called stutz for a reason 😏

I guess. :-?
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    @MajorDSmythe You play FH4? Me too.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

Yes I do, I love it. I haven't been on for a few days, so i'll have to look it the new season has started (another free Aston for 50% completion).
    edited August 2019 Posts: 3,497
    zUlSF1j.jpg

V8 Vantage grille redone by Revenant tuning.

Much beter IMHO.
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    zUlSF1j.jpg

V8 Vantage grille redone by Revenant tuning.

Much beter IMHO.

They should open that a bit more, but not till the ground like in the official model. Something between those two would work better, IMO.
    SpUu45q.jpg

Wiesmann returns after 6 years. Probably with the V8 from BMW's M5.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I always had a weird fascination with Bristol. I like this Brittannia from 1986 very much:

WLEPuaz.jpg

9IrnM8q.jpg

UzNAucO.jpg

Bristols are fascinating in that their lack of aesthetic elegance actually makes them cooler! They kind of don't care because they're just too expensive to worry about that sort of thing :)
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO

Yes I do, I love it. I haven't been on for a few days, so i'll have to look it the new season has started (another free Aston for 50% completion).

Nice!
    edited September 2019 Posts: 3,497
    Too quiet here [-(

Thus, I kindly invite you to visit www.speedkore.com. If you like American restomods.

$-)
    I love the Mustang (the sixties versions, not seventies-nineties, but again the 00's) and the Dodge Charger, again the old and the new and not the inbetweens. The charger maybe even more. But I never understood the US passion for pick-ups. They seem as interesting to me as your average Korean minivan.

Sad news on my car-front (literally), the radiator decided to turn into a shower of some sort. Might be even more. I hope not, as if it's more I might have to say farewell to my lovely lady (car, not the wife).
    I love the Mustang (the sixties versions, not seventies-nineties, but again the 00's) and the Dodge Charger, again the old and the new and not the inbetweens. The charger maybe even more. But I never understood the US passion for pick-ups. They seem as interesting to me as your average Korean minivan.

Sad news on my car-front (literally), the radiator decided to turn into a shower of some sort. Might be even more. I hope not, as if it's more I might have to say farewell to my lovely lady (car, not the wife).

Ah sorry to hear. May I ask what car you have? :-?
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Two of the cars of James Bond, strictly adhering to Ian Flemings books:

CR: "Bond's car was his only personal hobby. One of the last of the 41/2-litre Bentleys with the supercharger by Amherst Villiers, he had bought it almost new in 1933 and had kept it in careful storage through the war."
    "It was a battleship-grey convertible coupe, which really did convert, and it was capable of touring at ninety with thirty miles an hour in reserve."

9463_bentley-4.5-litre_3.jpg

GF: Aston Martin DB2 Mk III in battleship-grey.

DB-Mk3-2_1024x1024.jpg?v=1547045840

6GMGiX9.jpg

Ford Capri RS 2600 ;)
    In that vein...

1459ffd110337d6d8ce451ea44bb29e8.jpg

1978 Strato Silver Mk3 Ford Capri (driven by Doyle of The Professionals)

This is the lady, here on winter tires:
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Regarding the Mustang, I like the look of the 2nd generation Mustang from the 70's.

mustang_mkii_1974_wallpapers_1_b.jpg
    Regarding the Mustang, I like the look of the 2nd generation Mustang from the 70's.

mustang_mkii_1974_wallpapers_1_b.jpg

The 3rd generation looks much better imho...
    edited September 2019 Posts: 3,497
    Top Gear's review of the Ares Design Panther, which is based on the Lamborghini Huracán.

Hot damn.

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/big-reads/driving-ares-panther-progettouno?fbclid=IwAR1n2WKiVjVjtsVFHbQKM5Pf6A6o8vcBNlv9KIlEnCV46RSoyAyiTEBBj5o
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà

Lovely car!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 2019 Posts: 14,861
    zebrafish wrote: »

CR: "Bond's car was his only personal hobby. One of the last of the 41/2-litre Bentleys with the supercharger by Amherst Villiers, he had bought it almost new in 1933 and had kept it in careful storage through the war."
    "It was a battleship-grey convertible coupe, which really did convert, and it was capable of touring at ninety with thirty miles an hour in reserve."

GF: Aston Martin DB2 Mk III in battleship-grey.

DB-Mk3-2_1024x1024.jpg?v=1547045840

I was at Goodwood last weekend and watched a race between thirty of those Bentleys (some 3 litres, some 4.5): quite a sight.

I wonder what Fleming meant by 'convertible coupe'? Kind of a contradiction in terms...
    mtm wrote: »

I was at Goodwood last weekend and watched a race between thirty of those Bentleys (some 3 litres, some 4.5): quite a sight.

I wonder what Fleming meant by 'convertible coupe'? Kind of a contradiction in terms...

I cannot imagine what it must have been like in the late 30s to drive such a beast at 90 mph and on British roads. Hope that the good drivers at Goodwood brought their brutes back in one piece.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

I cannot imagine what it must have been like in the late 30s to drive such a beast at 90 mph and on British roads. Hope that the good drivers at Goodwood brought their brutes back in one piece.

I think it was one of the only races not to feature a big smash of some kind! Not that they weren't giving them some proper stick of course.
    Rowan Atkinson was driving one in that race in fact: I remember he starred in a BBC film about Tim Birkin the famous Brooklands Bentley racer years ago- I'd like to see that again.
    GoldenGun wrote: »

Lovely car!

Thanks! still no news from the garage..
    edited October 2019 Posts: 3,497
    LmqNS9h.jpg

So I took a picture of my car this summer.

;;)

It was just voted "best new design of 2019"!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Weird how it could almost be taken for a new Porsche there. The rear lights are especially similar.
    Weird how it could almost be taken for a new Porsche there. The rear lights are especially similar.

Porsche is a bit overrated.

And this comes from a VAG fanatic. =;
    Good news, my Alfa's coming home, and still working!