No Time to Die production thread

Comments

Univex wrote: »
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    It is the same suit from the bridge jump.

Looks like you are right:
    mJEMFZf.jpg

I see. So, When Bond jumps from the bridge, there's no Madeleine around.

Also, good to see people on the streets trying to get out of the way. No Rome-by-night empty streets re-ash.

Have you ever walked in Rome's historical center at late night, not in the week-end? I did, many times, even in Vatican City and I can assure everybody that it is really that empty. Felt like an open air museum closed to the public. Which is shocking, since during the day is like a jungle.

BTW, what we speculated many times seems to be confirmed. This is taking place right after SP. Which is logic, since SP ended with Bond quitting the job with Madeleine and the premise of this movie is a retired Bond, alone, in Jamaica. Something really bad will happen to both the DB5 and Madeleine, but since Seydoux is billed as the female lead of the film seems highly likely that she won't really die in the PTS. I find it hard to figure out how the cemetery - so close to the bridge where Bond jumps - and the "old flame rumor" would fit into this.

This is a leap, but could the grave belong to a certain Italian gentleman who got killed in QOS? Make sense he was buried back in his home town. Perhaps more sense than Vesper for example. Or, there's a time jump in the pre-titles...
    Bond and Maddy marry but are paused by Spectre agents and the car chase ends with Madeleine being killed - or so it might seem -- and Bond survives - then we jump to months later and Bond visits her grave at the location where she was killed -- but then he's ambushed again, hence his escape on the bridge - I think it's a bit convoluted to be honest, but thought I'd put it out there.

I've thought about that last option, Col. But he is wearing the same suit in both scenes.

Also, good call on Mathis grave. Could be. Could be.

Yes, it is too convoluted and, as u say, same suit. But Mathis' grave would make sense if Bond later learns Mathis knew something about Spectre's gene experiments.
    matt_u wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    It is the same suit from the bridge jump.

Looks like you are right:
    mJEMFZf.jpg

I see. So, When Bond jumps from the bridge, there's no Madeleine around.

Also, good to see people on the streets trying to get out of the way. No Rome-by-night empty streets re-ash.

Have you ever walked in Rome's historical center at late night, not in the week-end? I did, many times, even in Vatican City and I can assure everybody that it is really that empty. Felt like an open air museum closed to the public. Which is shocking, since during the day is like a jungle.

BTW, what we speculated many times seems to be confirmed. This is taking place right after SP. Which is logic, since SP ended with Bond quitting the job with Madeleine and the premise of this movie is a retired Bond, alone, in Jamaica. Something really bad will happen to both the DB5 and Madeleine, but since Seydoux is billed as the female lead of the film seems highly likely that she won't really die in the PTS. I find it hard to figure out how the cemetery - so close to the bridge where Bond jumps - and the "old flame rumor" would fit into this.

This is a leap, but could the grave belong to a certain Italian gentleman who got killed in QOS? Make sense he was buried back in his home town. Perhaps more sense than Vesper for example. Or, there's a time jump in the pre-titles...
    Bond and Maddy marry but are paused by Spectre agents and the car chase ends with Madeleine being killed - or so it might seem -- and Bond survives - then we jump to months later and Bond visits her grave at the location where she was killed -- but then he's ambushed again, hence his escape on the bridge - I think it's a bit convoluted to be honest, but thought I'd put it out there.

I've thought about that last option, Col. But he is wearing the same suit in both scenes.

Also, good call on Mathis grave. Could be. Could be.

Yes, it is too convoluted and, as u say, same suit. But Mathis' grave would make sense if Bond later learns Mathis knew something about Spectre's gene experiments.

Also, Madeleine is a psychologist. She could help Bond deal with some ghosts. Although, we also could assume Bond is at the graveyard alone. Or the graveyard is only a place he goes through during the chase, or...

So many options ;)
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Also, I'm somewhat torn.

Argument Against:

I was hoping that a younger director would mean we would get something a little less nostalgic (more akin to SF) but this looks like 'classic Bond' and more SP. That latter film was a 'Bond movie' in both the best and worst senses. I think it's a bit obvious......

Argument For:

These photos just scream 'Bond'. They feel as though they could have been filmed in the 1960s. Even the costume and hair on Madeleine feels like a throwback to that decade. That era of filmmaking was so sexy and cool. I love the whole period feel:

17666724-7392487-image-a-28_1566732067384.jpg

If this is the 'opening' of the film, then perhaps it makes sense to welcome audiences back after 5 yeard with the classic Bond cocktail:

Aston Martin DB5 + Exotic European location + fast cars + Sexy women + action = Bond film

I suppose the action gets destroyed as an 'mission statement' that this isn't going to be your 'Daddy's Bond' and the iconography will slowly be taken away from him and destroyed.

I'm now more curious to see NTTD.
    These photos just scream 'Bond'. They feel as though they could have been filmed in the 1960s. Even the costume and hair on Madeleine feels like a throwback to that decade. That era of filmmaking was so sexy and cool. I love the whole period feel:

Yes, can't help but feel the same way. And that makes me yearn for a period Bond film even more than I already do.

That poster with the DB5 in Matera with the new font logo screams 60's. And I'm loving it.

Yes, can't help but feel the same way. And that makes me yearn for a period Bond film even more than I already do.

That poster with the DB5 in Matera with the new font logo screams 60's. And I'm loving it.

It's true, but we did just have as film that spent so much time doing that exact same thing in Spectre.

Everything we've heard about this film - depressed Bond, female 007, his possible death - suggested something more thoughtful and subversive. I want to see this film. Not another nostalgic trip down memory lane.

Hopefully, CJF gets the 'classic' Bond tone out of his system in the PTS. Then we can move this franchise in a more unique direction.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Well obviously with some fresh elements, I hope this retro vibe is present throughout the entire film.
    Audiences won’t remember this 5 years later if this is the PTS
    Man this is what I want from my bond. Echoes of a bygone age of style and sophistication. A besuited bond driving his Db5 round a historic European town with a beautiful girl at his side.

This feels good. And looks like there is more jeopardy than in the whole of this spectre ‘chase’
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    Are we sure about these wedding rumours?
    Matt007 wrote: »
    Man this is what I want from my bond. Echoes of a bygone age of style and sophistication. A besuited bond driving his Db5 round a historic European town with a beautiful girl at his side.

This feels good. And looks like there is more jeopardy than in the whole of this spectre ‘chase’

The problem with supercars, as per the SP chase, is they stick to the road like glue, but a DB5 is going to skid all over the place at high speed and taking sharp narrow corners. I think this looks classic and packed with jeopardy from what we are seeing so far.
    Just seen the clip of the db5 driving into oncoming traffic with cars veering our the way and bystanders running for cover. That’s what we need in the spectre chase
    edited August 2019 Posts: 3,018

Anybody understands why there's a half burning fire on the square when the DB5 races by?

What's the point of that?!

Contraband wrote: »

Anybody understands why there's a half burning fire on the square when the DB5 races by?

Burning garbage in the square? I do have know. But there are two of them.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Are we sure about these wedding rumours?

The answer lies in the very phrasing of your question.
    I'm genuinely excited about the return of the Aston Martin V8 Vantage, but more DB5 is just very boring. The freshness that CR brought will be all gone by the end of Craig's tenure.
    I'm genuinely excited about the return of the Aston Martin V8 Vantage, but more DB5 is just very boring. The freshness that CR brought will be all gone by the end of Craig's tenure.

I love the DB5. Seeing it again doing all this stuff only reinforces my passion. I’ll be sad to see it destroyed...again. I can’t get enough of it. It’s quintessential Bond and a gorgeous machine to look at. A symbol of a time Bond identifies with. It’s just brilliant. Thank you EON for bringing it to us again.

Yeah maybe but it seems very odd practice. I mean health issues, risking another fire, etc. Really strange.

Matt007 wrote: »
    Just seen the clip of the db5 driving into oncoming traffic with cars veering our the way and bystanders running for cover. That’s what we need in the spectre chase

Where's that clip?

Yeah maybe but it seems very odd practice. I mean health issues, risking another fire, etc. Really strange.

That’s true. Maybe they just wanted to dress the scene with some smoke (?)
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited August 2019 Posts: 4,343

The DB5 will 99.9% be destroyed by the end of the PTS, so you'd be able to enjoy at least one thing in a PTS that every Bond fan should be excited for. Ah, just for the record: it's been 15 years since the last DB5 chase, even if to be honest that felt more like a walk in the park than a bombastic chase.

I love the DB5. Seeing it again doing all this stuff only reinforces my passion. I’ll be sad to see it destroyed...again. I can’t get enough of it. It’s quintessential Bond and a gorgeous machine to look at. A symbol of a time Bond identifies with. It’s just brilliant. Thank you EON for bringing it to us again.

+1.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

I agree. People say they are sick and tired of it. Well, just look around you on every street today. There is a sight I am sick and tired of personally.
    eB0PZKh.png

I agree. People say they are sick and tired of it. Well, just look around you on every street today. There is a sight I am sick and tired of personally.

Exactly. Interesting to think that those people, those DB5 detractors, disagree with Bond himself. I just don’t get this type of fan who complains non stop, about the DB5, then about the Valhala,... but not about a car from the 80s. Some people just want to complain. I, for one, love them all! The cars, I mean ;)
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    Interesting where first unit is working now?..
    I agree I love the db5. Bond is the only action hero who could conceivably drive a vintage British marque.

No, they're not burning garbage in the town square. Does this really need to be considered?
    Is Bond wearing the burgundy tie? Can’t tell.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited August 2019 Posts: 4,343
    eB0PZKh.png

But after all... we have all the time in the world.

maxresdefault.jpg

I dreamt about a direct sequel since the first view back in 2015, since I felt there was room for more character development for her. Couldn't be more excited.
    octofinger wrote: »

No, they're not burning garbage in the town square. Does this really need to be considered?

I was just wondering. They were burning something or at least smoke rising with some guy sweaping. In any case he's been placed there by the crew. Maybe it's just meant to be effectful. Half a second on the screen.

Moving on..