No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• edited August 2019 Posts: 3,160
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    @ColonelSun

Malek and even Waltz were spotted in London/Pinewood. When did Lea go there?

No idea, but just because the other two were spotted and not her - so far - doesn't mean she has not filmed studio or interior scenes already.
    You may be right (we are all speculating here), but so far there's no evidence to back up your theory.
    NEW photos of the chase emerge - and look at villain:
    /
    Oh, another CGI face replacement. They'd better use better tech than in SF.

There's basic logic to support what I am saying; the shoot is down to its last 10 weeks or so, and I very, very much doubt all of Lea's scenes have been shoved into those last couple of months. If they have, I've never known a filming schedule like it, trust me.
    Well, the same thing can be said of all the other actors. Malek, de Armas, etc. Do you also expect them to have more scenes to be shot? Lea will play a small, although likely significant, role - there's nothing to suggest otherwise. And I know about filming schedules, too. A supporting cast or members who only have a small part to play are usually there for a limited time. That's basic logic.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Matt007 wrote: »
    Considering this is a filming thread can we please keep plot speculation elsewhere. It’s a waste of people’s time who aren’t interested in an individuals theories scrolling through post after post. Can admin do something about this....
    Not really, it's fair game to speculate based on pictures and videos like these that are leaked out.
  • RC7RC7

This looks terrific. Also, based off the stature of the stuntman, I'm willing to bet money that he is doubling for Dali Benssalah. Recent photos of Benssalah show him with a similar hairstyle:

Immediately what I thought.
    @ColonelSun

No idea, but just because the other two were spotted and not her - so far - doesn't mean she has not filmed studio or interior scenes already.
    You may be right (we are all speculating here), but so far there's no evidence to back up your theory.
    /

There's basic logic to support what I am saying; the shoot is down to its last 10 weeks or so, and I very, very much doubt all of Lea's scenes have been shoved into those last couple of months. If they have, I've never known a filming schedule like it, trust me.
    Well, the same thing can be said of all the other actors. Malek, de Armas, etc. Do you also expect them to have more scenes to be shot? Lea will play a small, although likely significant, role - there's nothing to suggest otherwise. And I know about filming schedules, too. A supporting cast or members who only have a small part to play are usually there for a limited time. That's basic logic.

The official cast list places Lea right near the top, so that is not a small role. So, yes, there is something solid and official to suggest she has a significant role, plus the actor herself stated she was looking forward to exploring her character more deeply. If her role is substantial, which seems likely, then it is very unlikely that ALL her scenes have been scheduled for the last 2 months (or so) of a six/seven month shoot. That's basic logic.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Matt007 wrote: »
    Considering this is a filming thread can we please keep plot speculation elsewhere. It’s a waste of people’s time who aren’t interested in an individuals theories scrolling through post after post. Can admin do something about this....

Assistant to the regional admin there.
    @ColonelSun

/

The official cast list places Lea right near the top, so that is not a small role.
    Monica Belluci was also at the top of the cast list for SP. Did she play a large role?
    Like I said: there's nothing to support your theory, although I like it. Really, I do.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 1,314
    @DCisared

not really, i only drop in here a few times a day to see what’s going on with the filming progress. It’s rather spammy to have half the thread taken up with “a man jumped off a bridge therefore here’s my 500 words plot summary” when there’s a speculation thread open. Ah well. I’ll just suck it up.

@ColonelSun

/

The official cast list places Lea right near the top, so that is not a small role.
    Monica Belluci was also at the top of the cast list for SP. Did she play a large role?
    Like I said: there's nothing to support your theory, although I like it. Really, I do.

Monica Belluci was not top billed, and Lea is (according to the official release), and Swann is the first lead female character to return, and that is for a reason, and not (I truly believe) just for a loose connection back to Spectre. Do u really think they will just use Swann as a minor role? I don't. And we also know we have the girl at the lake house. Again, just apply some basic logic.
    @ColonelSun

/

Monica Belluci was not top billed, and Lea is (according to the official release), and Swann is the first lead female character to return, and that is for a reason, and not (I truly believe) just for a loose connection back to Spectre. Do u really think they will just use Swann as a minor role? I don't. And we also know we have the girl at the lake house. Again, just apply some basic logic.
    Yes, Lea will return..... to die in PTS, whereafter Bond retires to Jamaica, and later tries to seduce the new 007. That's my guess, based on what we know. Your logic tells you that because of a blond 12 year-old girl in scene 15, that Lea will play a large role in the movie.

Let's just agree to disagree. If a clapperboard from the chase in Matera doesn't put it in the PTS, a whole lot of us are going to reevaluate the whole plot :-)
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited August 2019 Posts: 3,018
    BTW, in case you missed it. Wrote about it earlier today. As you might know italian production company Lotus have been hired by EON to build most of the sets in Matera, Gravina, etc. Some 32 sets.

They have launched today a standalone site - infolotusmatera.com - that will be featuring interactive map showing NTTD filming spots and shooting schedule in Matera, and possible other locations. Active site but empty so far.

17606256-7387165-image-a-60_1566560014001.jpg
    17606232-7387165-image-a-63_1566560043415.jpg
    17606266-7387165-Hanging_around_The_actor_waited_to_be_called_to_shoot_the_scene-a-30_1566568932460.jpg
    17606220-7387165-image-a-65_1566560058154.jpg
    17606250-7387165-image-a-76_1566560144852.jpg
    17606210-7387165-image-a-66_1566560063626.jpg
    17606212-7387165-image-a-73_1566560126385.jpg
    17606238-7387165-image-a-75_1566560135505.jpg
    17606252-7387165-image-a-77_1566560150865.jpg
    17606260-7387165-image-a-78_1566560154772.jpg
    17606264-7387165-Final_outing_No_Time_To_Die_will_be_the_fifth_and_final_Bond_mov-a-31_1566568932542.jpg
    17606278-7387165-image-a-83_1566560191858.jpg
    17606216-7387165-Scenic_Whilst_the_context_of_the_scene_was_not_clear_the_actors_-a-33_1566568932627.jpg

Daily

And in my previous post there's a link to a short clip with the stunt double, the car and the bike in action; 'Bond' jumps off the bridge while the motorbike and the black car approach him fast.

Can somebody rip the video or share via Facebook, embed here.

Screenshot
    dIQLMP3.png

@ColonelSun

/

Yes, Lea will return..... to die in PTS, whereafter Bond retires to Jamaica, and later tries to seduce the new 007. That's my guess, based on what we know. Your logic tells you that because of a blond 12 year-old girl in scene 15, that Lea will play a large role in the movie.

Let's just agree to disagree. If a clapperboard from the chase in Matera doesn't put it in the PTS, a whole lot of us are going to reevaluate the whole plot :-)

I won't agree to disagree with you. If Swann dies in the pre-title sequence - which seems very predictable and contrived, as I've said here a few times - the actor, Lea, would not have such a high billing - that's not just logic, but also professional experience. Now, if she does die or seem to die in the pre-titles, she might reappear later on, for reasons not clear to us yet. And the casting of a young girl who resembles Lea (as per the casting call) supports the idea that Swann - in some form - plays a substantial part in the film.

And your logic re: the clapperboard scene number for the Italian scenes doesn't change that at all.
    @ColonelSun

/

I won't agree to disagree with you.
    So you insist that I agree with you, then? Not likely. Let's see:
    If Swann dies in the pre-title sequence - which seems very predictable and contrived, as I've said here a few times - the actor, Lea, would not have such a high billing - that's not just logic, but also professional experience.
    Plenty of movies have the highest billed actors knocked off early. Bryan Cranston in the Godzilla remake, Ryan Reynolds in 'Life', etc.
    Now, if she does die or seem to die in the pre-titles, she might reappear later on, for reasons not clear to us yet.
    That I agree with. We know for a fact that Bond is retirred to Jamaica early in the movie. And Swann is not there. So something must have happened to her. Either she dies, fakes her own death or simply disappears.

Regarding the clapperboards: It changes a lot, if the chase is set in the 2nd or 3rd act and Lea is in it. Then I think you are more on point with your theory. But since the DB5 is there I would say it's pretty safe to assume, that southern Italy is the PTS.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    @ColonelSun

/

While we have no idea at the moment what placement these scenes in Italy have (are they all the PTS? Do we return to Italy later?) we can figure out who got the biggest roles. Billing (the placement in which the stars appear) is a whole intricate process, where the actors with the longest screen times are billed first. Actors with some star power, but who don't have a large role, are often credited at the end, sometimes with a 'with' or 'and' to make them stand out. To say: "Hey, we got this actor in the movie!"

If Seydoux got a small role, she would've gotten the 'with'. But she gets third billing. Third. That's the main Bond girl role, no question about it. Bond credits always go
    1. Actor playing Bond
    2. and 3. Main Bond Girl/Main Villain.

A comparison:

Casino Royale:
    Daniel Craig as Ian Fleming's James Bond 007 in Casino Royale
    Starring Eva Green
    Mads Mikkelsen
    Giancarlo Giannini
    Caterina Murino / Simon Abkarian / Isaach De Bankole
    Jesper Christensen / Ivana Milicevic
    Tobias Menzies / Claudio Santamaria / Free running stunts by Sébastien Foucan
    with Jeffrey Wright
    and Judi Dench as M

Quantum Of Solace:
    Daniel Craig as Ian Fleming's James Bond 007 in Quantum Of Solace
    Starring Olga Kurylenko
    Mathieu Amalric
    Giancarlo Giannini
    Gemma Arterton / Anatole Taubman
    Jesper Christensen / David Harbour
    Rory Kinnear / Tim Pigott-Smith / Joaquín Cosio
    with Jeffrey Wright
    and Judi Dench as M

Skyfall:
    Daniel Craig as Ian Fleming's James Bond 007 in Skyfall
    Starring Jarvier Bardem
    Ralph Fiennes
    Naomie Harris
    Bérénice Marlowe
    Ben Wishaw
    Rory Kinnear / Ola Rapace
    with Albert Finney
    and Judi Dench as M

Spectre:
    Daniel Craig as Ian Fleming's James Bond 007 in Spectre
    Starring Christoph Waltz
    Léa Seydoux
    Ben Wishaw
    Naomie Harris
    Dave Bautista
    Andrew Scott
    Rory Kinnear / Jesper Christensen
    with Monica Bellucci
    and Ralph Fiennes as M

No Time To Die:
    Daniel Craig as Ian Fleming's James Bond (007?)
    Starring Rami Malek
    Léa Seydoux
    Lashana Lynch
    Ben Wishaw
    Naomie Harris
    Billy Magnussen
    Ana de Armas
    Rory Kinnear / David Dencik / Dali Benssalah
    with Jeffrey Wright
    and Ralph Fiennes as M

This means that Léa Seydoux/Madeleine will have the same importance as she had in Spectre, Lashana Lynch will have a sizeable role too, and Ana de Armas is the one getting the 3 to 4 scenes, if lucky.

Naomie Harris and Ben Wishaw will play the same size roles as they had in Spectre: quite extended, but Harris not as big as Skyfall. Jeffrey Wright is the 'with' here, so his role is comparable to Felix' bits in CR and QOS.

(Note: Ralph Fiennes gets third billing in SF, because he's that big of an actor and he gets payed a lot. Contracts.)
    @DeerAtTheGates

So you are saying that Lashana Lynch has a smaller role than Lea Seydoux, because she is billed under her? Lynch, who so far has been shooting a lot of scenes in Jamaica and London, whereas Seydoux still is nowhere to be seen?

I respect and understand the rule of thumb, but like I wrote - there are plenty of examples of the highest billed actors getting offed early, probably for the effect of surprise.

If Swann dies early that would certainly be a surprise to many.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    edited August 2019 Posts: 524
    @DeerAtTheGates

So you are saying that Lashana Lynch has a smaller role than Lea Seydoux, because she is billed under her? Lynch, who so far has been shooting a lot of scenes in Jamaica and London, whereas Seydoux still is nowhere to be seen?

I respect and understand the rule of thumb, but like I wrote - there are plenty of examples of the highest billed actors getting offed early, probably for the effect of surprise.

If Swann dies early that would certainly be a surprise to many.

Yep, that's exactly what I'm saying. Now, I understand the billing system is not sacred, and I might withdraw my words when I see the film. But this is Bond we're talking about. The billing in the credits has always, always worked out. They billed Sean Bean second, even though he was supposed to be dead and gone from the film!

Remember that those scenes in London might just be quick office scenes, and one big scene in Jamaica plus London fits with the billing.

As for Seydoux, true we haven't seen her, but she had two other films to shoot while making this one. So I think a lot is studio work, and some scenes still need to be recorded. She can be in the Norway scenes too. We haven't even seen Craig in the Norway scenes! Which makes me to believe a lot of these Norway scenes will be recorded in Pinewood.
  • I don't think Lynch will have a role as small as that, especially not if she's 007.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    The cast billings are always a combination of screen time, actor fame, and tradition. An example would be Judi Dench receiving her usual "and" credit in SF even though she had the most screen time by any actor other than Craig. I wouldn't look too much into any of it until at least the trailer.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    17523632-7379111-image-a-93_1566390610585.jpg

Is it just lighting/shadows, or does he have a bruised eye?
    jake24 wrote: »
    The cast billings are always a combination of screen time, actor fame, and tradition. An example would be Judi Dench receiving her usual "and" credit in SF even though she had the most screen time by any actor other than Craig.
    Likewise with Fiennes in SP. He was billed last in the main cast, although he is both more famous than the lot billed before him and had more screentime than many of them.
    I don't think Lynch will have a role as small as that, especially not if she's 007.
    Me neither. She is at the beginning in Jamaica, in London and is also driving the Valhalla in the Scotland/Norways scenes, which many suggest is in the 3rd act because of the appearance of the V8, which Bond is driving.
    Contraband wrote: »
    They have launched today a standalone site - infolotusmatera.com - that will be featuring interactive map showing NTTD filming spots and shooting schedule in Matera, and possible other locations. Active site but empty so far.
    It's now online with a calender and other useful info. Interesting stuff. Confirmed dates and specific locations from 25th-30th August.
    Map_25-Agosto_REV3_page-0001.jpg
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Maybe already posted here, so forgive me if this is a repeat from previous pages ...
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Maybe already posted here, so forgive me if this is a repeat from previous pages ...

Where is this? Could be Norway.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited August 2019 Posts: 12,459
    I don't think he said where it was. I like the photo; just nice and moody. Checked it again and nothing else said, not even a hashtag clue.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited August 2019 Posts: 5,834
    @Thunderfinger @4EverBonded I think its probably Scotland? It seems kinda similar to scenery of what we saw being filmed there.
    Villains on bikes! Cool!!!
    edited August 2019 Posts: 3,018
    Contraband wrote: »
    It's now online with a calender and other useful info. Interesting stuff. Confirmed dates and specific locations from 25th-30th August.
    Map_25-Agosto_REV3_page-0001.jpg

Great! Damn good info - shooting map sunday 25th. Direct link

Thanks @Zekidk for the heads up.

• ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Is this...

17606264-7387165-Final_outing_No_Time_To_Die_will_be_the_fifth_and_final_Bond_mov-a-31_1566568932542.jpg

this??

maserati-quattroporte-iv-2-0-v6-biturbo.jpg

Maserati Quattroporte IV V6
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 6,665
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Is this...

this??

maserati-quattroporte-iv-2-0-v6-biturbo.jpg

Maserati Quattroporte IV V6

I'd say so, yes. Good catch, @ggl007 ;)

And what an ugly Maserati it is. Well, at least its a local car, as in Italian.