No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• Does it appear that there will be two car chases in this film? One in Matera and one in Norway (with parts of Scotland doubling Norway)? I love a good car chase so I'm thrilled with two, but I just don't recall any other Bond movie having two car chases (although I suppose that depends on your definition of car chase - I'm specifically talking about one car chasing another car).

OHMSS - Bond chasing after Tracy in PTS and SPECTRE agents chasing Bond and Tracy after Bond's escape - bit tenuous as the PTS isn't an action scene per se.

@BonSimonLeBon_1 I was thinking more of just action scenes, but you're definitely not wrong!
  • Zekidk wrote: »
    I just don't recall any other Bond movie having two car chases
    Goldfinger had two car chases.

@Zekidk Are you thinking of the mountain scene where Bond is tailing Tilly? I was thinking more along the lines of an "action sequence" car chase but you're correct - I suppose that does count as a car chase!
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited August 2019 Posts: 3,018
    OT: Sorry but we need a good laugh

:))

"bondsuits: Daniel Craig’s stunt double for No Time to Die has been spotted in a beige suit that we can assume is from @tomford . Unlike the other suits it has softer shoulders (which could be just for the stunt suit), double vents and a ticket pocket. He has the top button of three done up, though it looks like the kind that’s not meant to be done. It may just be fastened to hide a harness under the suit. He’s wearing a french blue shirt, burgundy tie and brown suede ankle boots with an apron toe. We haven’t seen a shirt and tie like this on Bond in a long time."
    Theory: the pts will be in black&white, hence the strong blue Jag and these colours on the suit and tie.
  • RC7RC7
    Univex wrote: »
    Theory: the pts will be in black&white, hence the strong blue Jag and these colours on the suit and tie.

You been on the Rastafarian old Holborn again?
    RC7 wrote: »

You been on the Rastafarian old Holborn again?

I resent that “again” remark ;)
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    The suit could always be padded for the stunt double and that’s why the suit looks kinda off?
    Denbigh wrote: »
    The suit could always be padded for the stunt double and that’s why the suit looks kinda off?

It's padded.

ColonelSun wrote: »

It's padded.

Paddy O'Bond - the irish agent cousin
    You have to remember that suit will have a full on safety harness underneath it along with any protection and body armour. It’s not going to look savile row.

I like the fact this seems to be being shot with a helicopter. I love the way the crane jump in CR is filmed in this way.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited August 2019 Posts: 4,548
    Anyone else see this:

Scott Burns' new film. No doubt, he'd been working on this at the same time as NT2D. I would imagine that in the process of writing The Report, he learned much about espionage and cover-ups.
    Those shots from Italy look great, so looking forward to seeing it all on the big screen next year!! :-bd
  • RC7RC7
    TripAces wrote: »
    Anyone else see this:

Scott Burns' new film. No doubt, he'd been working on this at the same time as NT2D. I would imagine that in the process of writing The Report, he learned much about espionage and cover-ups.

Woah, woah, woah (that’s English for stop a horse) we are NOT using this acronym. I will not be part of this.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Anyone else see this:

Woah, woah, woah (that’s English for stop a horse) we are NOT using this acronym. I will not be part of this.

I agree. It looks like something a tween would use in a text message.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Unexpected guest: Ralph Fiennes is in Matera since Wednesday. We'll see him very soon... Aston Martin.

Source from Italy, obviously. I knew hours ago and I've tried to confirm it. Take it like you want...
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Anyone else see this:

I can't stand the NTTD. It looks just as odd. LOL
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Unexpected guest: Ralph Fiennes is in Matera since Wednesday. We'll see him very soon... Aston Martin.

Source from Italy, obviously. I knew hours ago and I've tried to confirm it. Take it like you want...

@ggl007 Sassilive had an Bond-related article yesterday august 21th about a yacht with secret VIP-guests onboard. Could Ralph Fiennes be one of the guests? Plus they also suggested that stylist Giorgio Armani might be onboard, and perhaps even joining B25.

yacht-james-bond.jpg

And as always, the translation could be better:

"A top secret crew aboard the Maltese-flagged yacht was spotted last night in the "blue waters" of Marina di Pisticci (Province of Matera) to dine on the beach of Riva dei Ginepri with its highly reserved guests.

Guests who reached the city of Matera this morning for the preparatory work for the filming of the new James Bond film, entitled "No time to die" and entrusted to Eon production under the supervision of Enzo Sisti.

With the presence of a "dream team" of a thousand and one nights in the James Bond yacht, the Marina di Pisticci locality is increasingly becoming a VIP destination thanks to classy locations such as Porto degli Argonauti and Riva dei Ginepri.

According to rumors about the yacht, stylist Giorgio Armani may also be present. New look coming for James Bond?"

Looking at the map, that beach aint that far from Matera downtown, ca 60 km.

So M attends Bond's wedding? ;)
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Well, I'm enjoying the photos. And I think the suit will look fine on Craig. That earlier shot of him in similar suit (a couple of pages back) looks fine.

Loving the locations more each day. Happy if more than one car chase. Give me plenty of Italy and more Norway. This is shaping up beautifully for me.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I’m kind of hoping all this talk about a wedding is untrue. I feel it doesn’t suit the style of Craig’s Bond to wed. It just seems like it would be out of place in this era of Bond films.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited August 2019 Posts: 5,834
    ColonelSun wrote: »

It's padded.
    So the suit will probably look better when we actually see Craig wearing it.
    Balcony set

And now blessed with a roof..

5mFPZnC.jpg

Private drone footage in 4K of the aqueduct in Gravina (and the town). Stunning scenery. Imagine this on the big screen with the stunt guy drop, gyrocam from the chopper and bad guys shooting

Anyone else see this:

Agreed. Might as well use AV2AK. NTTD is good.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

Well, maybe @Contraband doesn’t remember that but Marina di Pisticci is a location for the film and yes, Sassilive reported many times that a wedding/party scene is supposed to take place there.
    matt_u wrote: »

Well, maybe @Contraband doesn’t remember that but Marina di Pisticci is a location for the film and yes, Sassilive reported many times that a wedding/party scene is supposed to take place there.

Yeah you quite right. It didn't ring a bell until now. I know Sassi have reported on a wedding scene on some beach but I never memorized the name of the place. Thanks!!
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Contraband wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »

Yeah you quite right. It didn't ring a bell until now. I know Sassi have reported on a wedding scene on some beach but I never memorized the name of the place. Thanks!!

You’re welcome! First time Sassi reported about Marina di Pisticci was like back in March, when they were the first talking about Matera being a location for the film. Now the rumor about Fiennes being there is very interesting, especially since it’s not the first time that a super yacht is linked to the film.
    Is that contest to be on the of the film over?