Benny wrote: »
    Wrong thread @JamesCraig
    Shut it down.
    But yes, it is a great film

Yes. Considerably.

:)>- :-??
  • Benny wrote: »
    Hope it's not true but just tabloid trash :

An on-set source said: “A stunt double was used for the risky action which will leave fans doubting the spy’s survival in the franchise.

“It’s one of the riskiest moves writers have ever made and will provide a nail-biting ending to the film.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/9772529/james-bond-plummets-bridge-survival/

No open end please :(

Thanks for sharing @moneyofpropre2
    Sounds similar too how Bond fell off a bridge in SF after being shot and was presumed dead. If it's true it would be quite weak. Still, never say never.
    Seems like click bait to get us Bond fans all worked up.

Don't be daft, Bond has learnt to use the force like Leia in The Last Jedi!
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 847
    Where are the people from Sassilive when we need them ? :)
  • Does it appear that there will be two car chases in this film? One in Matera and one in Norway (with parts of Scotland doubling Norway)? I love a good car chase so I'm thrilled with two, but I just don't recall any other Bond movie having two car chases (although I suppose that depends on your definition of car chase - I'm specifically talking about one car chasing another car).
  • Does it appear that there will be two car chases in this film? One in Matera and one in Norway (with parts of Scotland doubling Norway)? I love a good car chase so I'm thrilled with two, but I just don't recall any other Bond movie having two car chases (although I suppose that depends on your definition of car chase - I'm specifically talking about one car chasing another car).

OHMSS - Bond chasing after Tracy in PTS and SPECTRE agents chasing Bond and Tracy after Bond's escape - bit tenuous as the PTS isn't an action scene per se.
  • NickThunderballsNickThunderballs Australia
    I don’t think bond will be taking any suicidal leaps of faith anytime soon so we can all settle down a little
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    I don’t think bond will be taking any suicidal leaps of faith anytime soon so we can all settle down a little

But he's depressed :))
    00Agent wrote: »

But he's depressed :))

This is true! :)

Yeah, it becomes quite obvious watching actual video of the stunt that this isn't the 'end' of Daniel Craig's James Bond.
    AgentM72 wrote: »

Yeah, it becomes quite obvious watching actual video of the stunt that this isn't the 'end' of Daniel Craig's James Bond.

Where’s the video? ;) Haven’t seen it.
  • Univex wrote: »
    AgentM72 wrote: »

Where’s the video? ;) Haven’t seen it.

Brilliant stuntwork,good to see no CGI or green screen involved,just good,old fashioned action.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    That's an awesome stunt.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Cool and scary stunt. He's being chased by gunmen, grabs the rope and drops...

BTW: Could it be Waltz stunt double??

• JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited August 2019 Posts: 3,497
    Contraband wrote: »

No, it looks like DC's. And I too don't like that suit, but I've never liked beige clothes anyway.

;)
    JamesCraig wrote: »

No, it looks like DC's. But I too don't like that suit, but I've never liked beige clothes anyway.

;)

I don’t know about you guys but the suit is giving me Uncle Rog in Cairo in TSWLM vibes...

• DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    edited August 2019 Posts: 1,347
    Really nice glimpse there :)
  • RyanRyan Canada
    Action as it should be. Impressive work.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Walecs wrote: »
    Except the ending to FRWL was resolved in the following novel, but we all know that Craig won't return for B26. So let's not compare apples and oranges.

it's hardly 'apples and oranges'. You are simply mistaken. Even if Craig were not to return, there is a huge likelihood that the series would continue and Harris/Fiennes/Whishaw would return as well. Craig's 'death' would be confined to the end of his era and there would be a soft reboot with a new Bond.

Bond #7 returning to active service after an injury or coming back to MI6 after they believe him dead. There are 1000sof narrative devices to justify the 'return of Bond' after a supposed death. Just watch 'The Dark Knight Rises' and 'Jason Bourne'.

Your post is plain contraddiction. But I'm the one who's mistaken. Okay.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    17559926-7382735-image-a-40_1566464541222.jpg
    17559924-7382735-image-a-41_1566464546799.jpg
    17560024-7382735-image-a-42_1566464551463.jpg

Can someone maybe identify those goons: Not names but ethnicity, kind of weapons, clothes - as in who they take orders from. Does it look like your typical Spectre-thugs or some middle eastern gang or what? Or given this is Italy - perhaps Cosa Nostra?

17560028-7382735-image-a-43_1566464555418.jpg

Daily Mail - article itself is utter crap as usual

NINTCHDBPICT000515049577-e1566417529479.jpg?w=670

Sun

Action takes place on this bridge

Ah, finally, we have sightings of other personnel, involved with or in the stunt.

If this is Bond, I would not worry about the clothes. Remember, that the shirt and tie have to work around the rigging. Whatever might look out of sorts can actually be fixed/smoothed out via CGI in post.
    I just don't recall any other Bond movie having two car chases
    Goldfinger had two car chases.
    I guess i'm in the minority here but I actually like the whole outfit,it will look good on Daniel.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I guess i'm in the minority here but I actually like the whole outfit,it will look good on Daniel.

+1
    I love the tan/beige suits on Bond.
    I do to. What I don’t like is that tie :(
    Bond is pursued and jumps off a bridge. Guess we’ll skip hand to hand combat
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Bond is pursued and jumps off a bridge. Guess we’ll skip hand to hand combat

Unarmed and fleeing thugs armed with machine guns...
  • RC7RC7

Me too. Nothing wrong with it. Sort of thing Dan tends to wear.
    RC7 wrote: »

Agreed. Tailor fitted on Craig it will look good. Re: the Daily Mail video clip --
    I'd say Bond jumps to avoid whatever is coming at him -- and crashes through the trees which break his fall, and then the bad guys shoot down at him. Just a guess.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 5,767
    Hemanttyd wrote: »

Isle of wight filming may be doubling for jamaica scenes which were remaining for filming becuase of DC's injury.......
    What do you say guys....
    Do those two locations really have such similar wheather?

I really like those pictures with the bridge. Wholes in the wall in the background of one picture. There is definitely potential to make this film look immersive.

Does it appear that there will be two car chases in this film? One in Matera and one in Norway (with parts of Scotland doubling Norway)? I love a good car chase so I'm thrilled with two, but I just don't recall any other Bond movie having two car chases (although I suppose that depends on your definition of car chase - I'm specifically talking about one car chasing another car).
    Well, they have at least the three AMs. Gotta do something with ´em :-).
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »

Agreed. Tailor fitted on Craig it will look good. Re: the Daily Mail video clip --
    I'd say Bond jumps to avoid whatever is coming at him -- and crashes through the trees which break his fall, and then the bad guys shoot down at him. Just a guess.

That spoiler sounds dead right to me,Colonel.