Connection issues?

edited April 2011 in MI6 Headlines & Feedback Posts: 1,092
Anyone else having connection issues? I click on a link and nothing happens. I post a reply nothing happens. I change categories and the page goes dead, Internet Explorer cannot display webpage. WTH?

edit: I can't even post this thread?!?! It's taking me an hour....

Comments

Wow, it took five tries.
  • No problems here in the UK.

Are you having difficulties with any other websites? It's possible there's trouble with the connection between your ISP and our server.
    What version of Internet Explorer are you using? An outdated browser may be the problem.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    @Bond IE itself is a problem ;) Terrible with java script.

I highly recommend Google Chrome.
    My PC is brand new. Zero problems with connection. All other sites are superb.
  • edited April 2011 Posts: 503
    It has nothing to do with the PC, we asked what version of Internet Explorer you are using. Try downloading Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. Or, if you wish, IE9.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I have zero issues connecting to the site with both Firefox and the latest version of IE, which - I must admit - I rarely use. I'm not such a big fan of IE to be perfectly honest. Firefox, on the other hand, has never let me down. It's like my girlfriend: click and play. ;;)
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    It took me about 5 minutes to load this very topic. I dont know what the hell is going on here, but this is the only site on my favorites that takes forever to load up ( I have even tried deleting cookies and history). Its almost not even worth trying to get on here since it takes forever.
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    1.27 seconds for a complete load with no cache:
    http://www.iwebtool.com/speed_test?domain=http://www.mi6community.com

"It's not you, it's me"
  • MI6MI6 Administrator
    We will be running a couple of speed tests in the coming days
    edited May 2011 Posts: 784
    Things seem to be loading quicker, now. although I have made no changes what so ever.

EDIT: spoke to soon, its acting up again, but the main site loads fast as hell.
    My connection has been perfect on this forum site for a week or two now. No change on my part with my PC, so I am convinced it was an issue with forum site itself. Remember I did not have any other issue with any other websites, especially the main MI6 page, so I have no idea what was going on with this forum. Just wanted to share.
    There are a lot of variables between your PC and the servers hosting MI6. Chances are the routing tables changed.
    some messages don't go through, or the page becomes static, I have to go back to the home page and click on 'forum' and close down said static page.

Only a minor issue though, works well enough most of the time
    Which browser are you using?
    (There are major updates to the 'live' aspects of the page in the new release)