No Time to Die production thread

Comments

Can we stop for a minute and celebrate the fact that the title is NOT Shatterhand?
    =D> =D> =D>

Er...no. I would have LOVED to have Shatterhand as the title, as we would then hopefully get a Fleming story again.

As it stands I'm not overly excited by this Brosnan-by-numbers title. Totally devoid of imagination. Two announcements for Bond 25 have left me feeling very sceptical of the new film. First, Dan Romer as the composer, and second, this bland title.

I just hope the film itself proves my doubts wrong.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 3,273
    barryt007 wrote: »
    It’s a nice nod of respect to Cubby as well,as he made a film called ‘no time to die’ in 1958.
    AND Terence Young directed it AND Richard Maibaum part wrote it - a lovely touch .

This is the ONLY thing that I like about the title. It is a nod to EON's Bond past (would be nicer though if it had a nod to Fleming instead).

The font used is nice too. A retro nod to FRWL.
    Could we possibly expect a teaser reasonably soon. Like in the next week. By announcing the title and releasing the trailer on different days it gives the film two seperate days to get coverage. Just a thought.
    I’m not sure any of the things people consider ‘nods’ are anything other than coincidence.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    I am schocked, how close i was. I have considerd to post that.

Time in the title is something since Spectre was a option and mabey even earlier because time is DC era thing. Time of Death.

Indeed i like that On Time To Die note, shame that is not title. Als you can say then Bond is ON, whyle he should be off. I like letter type, with the 0's i must think about Paracetamol and can imagine there can let them roll. I must think about windows and blocks, bulding feeling. Nice represting of Daniel era.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited August 2019 Posts: 7,518
    FoxRox wrote: »
    A couple other takeaways from the press release:

-..."Daniel Craig, who returns for his fifth film as Ian Fleming's James Bond 007." This confirms Craig's Bond will still be 007 for at least some portion of the film.
    -Lea Seydoux got the third top billing after Craig and Malek. She will be a major player in the film, and probably the main Bond girl once more. I'm looking forward to her getting a better turn here than SP.
    -Despite the title reveal and cast listing, nothing else is really given away. I'm impressed by how secretive the production has been; my curiosity to find out more about the plot and characters is as strong as ever.

Bryan Cranston got top billing in Godzilla and he was dead before the second act. I think it's got more to do with who can get butts in seats rather than story, and I think Lea Seydoux can do that now. I don't think this indicates she will be a major player necessarily.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    M_Balje wrote: »
    I am schocked, how close i was. I have considerd to post that.

Time in the title is something since Spectre was a option and mabey even earlier because time is DC era thing. Time of Death.

Indeed i like that On Time To Die note, shame that is not title. Als you can say then Bond is ON, whyle he should be off. I like letter type, with the 0's i must think about Paracetamol and can imagine there can let them roll. I must think about windows and blocks, bulding feeling. Nice represting of Daniel era.

What?
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Bounine wrote: »
    I almost immediately thought of High Time To Kill too. :) It’s a pity they can’t use some of the excellent titles from the continuation novels.

I still think that it would have been cooler to have revealed the title in the first trailer like with The Rise Of Skywalker.
    That's exactly what I didn't want to happen! I'm so glad they revealed the title before releasing the teaser.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    b44aSek3abL0UfFxd4QadsaMBhfAcQNJL-nizY6KdGzaBHgT7uTN0oaSpDOUPmd56faqGaLXfSTYbj_3Hwr2IXxMkQ6aXi-Y2tXh2u124_GqUYXB8eUzbqrJwvvcV706Jqc5ojruKvvpAIKGUx9MMoHZBkmwyd6mTNHFyy1KizXBr0gdGb2AIEO8cQqTr5KRDsiKu-jOK8VvN1KjZUCcQcrQpYFiDtyPpyw-oQvBSuyeDwO2ZbDk1tGo4VFDKolmLq2zwMuMjPiGBwIN55x-DNjO55dtdnhH5NidSDvoSvFeJJEaDdZ52VTJ34rFhWwWdK541s1yS1w_cijoUXw_23yRRYdw9Xi_d6llBBjMN9712MN4-pm6kF-eGPhHqOxleIpidEfgGzLrILKLAuHTDdt96EZVGY67eAWsnp8kRk7LAhwzpHluVsYsfiMmMgKeQhXRMK0-tNSOIKePZK_nG5784ReE_g4GSIGIxLJbVpGX7kaLhWW20pSMqY9qz8qyrQVJu93YRphQzwhAYcrJMk_DoeciEy1Ac0TNMMj8qJax8lbHeQaXrHzMKmO0y4anEgy-Eh44v3tDBgm51qbDleA629-JE6U97rSzZ3WbM9_gf5QRYkBiAkGzbSA3DxT336-9iQmqatFFCHjsbWqAf1FTKDx5EkI=w585-h45-no
    The font has contributed in selling me the title, love the retro look
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    I am glad they didn't follow the current trend of Avengers and star wars(releasing teaser with title). They are going their own way I like it.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Honestly, any excitement I had for Bond 25 just fell through the floor. I really thought they might be able to surprise us with something different, but its like they picked random words out of a hat. I think I'm probably ready to give up on Bond 25 for good, and just sit this one out.

Because of a title? Wow.

This is the final straw, I think. I haven't been ignited for Bond 25, but I didn't give up hope that they could turn things around, even if all signs pointed that way. But this title is so uninspired and flat. It's sad as a lifelong fan, who has eagerly anticipated each film since Die Another Day.

If you like it, more power to you.

Awkward final straw when this is only one of the first things about the film that gets out in the open. ;-)

I, too, believe that a better title could have been come up with, but it doesn't stink. This title will probably generate a wider appeal for the film than some of the previous titles.

But in all fairness, @Mendes4Lyfe, you haven't "eagerly anticipated each film since Die Another Day"! Rather, it feels to me like you were ready to slay this movie since day one. And if that feeling is false, then I apologise.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    4 days til filming officially begins in Matera. Next Sunday from 7.00 AM to 7.00 PM. I love what I'm seeing.

james-bond-aston-martin-sassi-di-matera-2.jpg

james-bond-aston-martin-sassi-di-matera-3.jpg

james-bond-aston-martin-sassi-di-matera-6.jpg

Okay....been away and seen 200+ comments.....what did I miss?!?!

This title is a little 'meh' for my liking. It's fine, but it sounds so obvious and uninspired. I'd have preferred something that didn't feel quite so 'off the peg'. It's not dissimilar to my feelings when they announced that Star Wars Episode 9 would be 'Rise of Skywalker'. It just feels obvious.

Another thing distracting me is the ugly font. I think I used the exact same font for a Bond fan poster I made when i was 12.......

However, one of the cooler features of the title is that it links back to an old Albert Broccoli and Terence Young production from the 1950's. That's pretty nice little grace note. For that reasons, I dig it.

42w1qq1j08by.jpg

The great strength of the title is that it reads very easily and will make a great title song.

But whatever, it feels a little more 'real' now we have a title.

Now, @antovolk this must mean a trailer is imminent..............It Chapter 2? (Also, how do you read the fact that they didn't drop this with the trailer?)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    M_Balje wrote: »
    with the 0's i must think about Paracetamol
    I was thinking coffee beans.
    matt_u wrote: »
    4 days til filming officially begins in Matera. Next Sunday from 7.00 AM to 7.00 PM. I love what I'm seeing.

Beautiful pics, Mr. Roark. Where did they come from?

I do love seeing the DB5 in that backdrop. Two old things ;) trying to survive the times.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 3,164
    Now, @antovolk this must mean a trailer is imminent..............It Chapter 2? (Also, how do you read the fact that they didn't drop this with the trailer?)

I don't think it's necessarily indicative of a teaser. My thinking is they wanted to get it out as soon as they could, once they decided on it and had materials ready. About keeping it under wraps until the trailer, the risk is that if, for instance, it drops in cinemas with Joker and they only get it online that week/end to tie in to Global James Bond day, the title will most certainly leak out beforehand. Revealing it before, they save their asses that way.
    Univex wrote: »

I do love seeing the DB5 in that backdrop. Two old things ;) trying to survive the times.

Pics came from Sassilive today’s article. ;)
    antovolk wrote: »

I don't think it's necessarily indicative of a teaser. My thinking is they wanted to get it out as soon as they could, once they decided on it and had materials ready. About keeping it under wraps until the trailer, the risk is that if, for instance, it drops in cinemas with Joker and they only get it online that week/end to tie in to Global James Bond day, the title will most certainly leak out beforehand. Revealing it before, they save their asses that way.

Exactly..

You cant blame them,its about the right time and it caught everyone by surprise which is good.

Even if they get nothing else out in time,they can at least link that snippet now to other trailers in the cinema.
    antovolk wrote: »

If they did an online reveal of the trailer, they could have easily avoided leaks.....I suppose Eon have decided to buck the tread of title-trailer-drops. which i do not mind at all!

I think marketing will really start warming up now. Pictures, Entertainment Weekly spreads, set visits, trailers, etc. The drought is over!

in other news, it seems that Lashana and Lea will be the leads of the film. ana is sadly looking at a supporting role. Hopefully more substantial than Monica Bellucci in SP! Plus, Ana is in LA filming Andrew Dominik's Mariyln Monroe biopic currently:
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7375967/Ana-Armas-looks-identical-Marilyn-Monroe-transforms-late-star-new-film-Blonde.html

17489260-7375967-image-m-20_1566318196521.jpg
    No Time to Die is a much better title than Rise of Skywalker. Four months on and I dislike that title less and less.
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    No Time to Die is a much better title than Rise of Skywalker. Four months on and I dislike that title less and less.

+1.
    Walecs wrote: »
    Bounine wrote: »
    I almost immediately thought of High Time To Kill too. :) It’s a pity they can’t use some of the excellent titles from the continuation novels.

I still think that it would have been cooler to have revealed the title in the first trailer like with The Rise Of Skywalker.
    That's exactly what I didn't want to happen! I'm so glad they revealed the title before releasing the teaser.

Why?
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 53
    Matt007 wrote: »
    I’m not sure any of the things people consider ‘nods’ are anything other than coincidence.

Agreed slightly. I'm sure they'd be aware that Cubby made a film under the exact same name that was made alongside other famed bond alumni, whether that played into the decision or not I'm unsure. I'd like to think it did, being the 25th and all. Just as I'd like to (perhaps far fetchedly) think that the use of the word "No" is a nod back to the first movie. (After all, the rumours suggested it was going to be an alternative variation of words - namely "A reason to die"). Otherwise its a perfectly workable title for the Bond Franchise and in the hands of a decent enough artist I'm certain will make a lovely lyric.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Univex wrote: »

Came from here: Gallery at sassilive.it

Slider
    003?
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 11,425
    Silly looking car. Hope Craig doesn't have to drive it.
  • It looks more like a Lotus than an Aston.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 6,665
    003?

It was always called 003 prototype. Then they named it Valhalla.
    It looks more like a Lotus than an Aston.

Not a bad thing, specially when you've got two Astons in the film that do look like Astons.