No Time to Die production thread

Comments

Have to say I like the title of the new film, and at least this has finally put this issue to bed.

Personally I do not think now their will be a press conference at all now. As that is usually the biggest draw of these events as the same questions are always asked at those events. It will be the press junkets when the film is close to release for all that stuff.

I think now it will be any further blogs? And obviously however many trailers they choose to release?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    It's an okay title. Not too happy about another "die" thing, but it works. I'm not displeased. ;-)
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 11,425
    Generic but not as bad a A Reason to Die.
    It does sound like a rehash of DAD though.
    I just thought they'd have the sense to leave Die or Kill out of it.

But can see the marketing people liking it.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Getafix wrote: »
    Generic but not as bad a A Reason to Die.
    It does sound like a rehash of DAD though.
    I just thought they'd have the sense to leave Die or Death out of it.

But can see the marketing people liking it.

No Time To Retire lacks a certain punch ... ;) so yeah. I like it. It serves its purpose well.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    A Reason to Die and No Time to Die have completely opposite meanings, so it's no surprise that most of the former's detractors are happy with the new title (myself included).
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited August 2019 Posts: 5,185
    jake24 wrote: »
    A Reason to Die and No Time to Die have completely opposite meanings, so it's no surprise that most of the former's detractors are happy with the new title (myself included).

Exactly, the press would have had a field day with A Reason to Die (imagine the cringy puns from the Anti-Bond crowd we would have had to endure for weeks).

No Time to Die might be generic (for a Bond title), but that doesn't mean the Movie has to be. In today's cinematic landscape it's as unique and Bondian as anything imho.
    00Agent wrote: »

Exactly, the press would have had a field day with A Reason to Die (imagine the cringy puns from the Anti-Bond crowd we would have had to endure for weeks).

No Time to Die might be generic (for a Bond title), but that doesn't mean the Movie has to be. In today's cinematic landscape it's as unique and Bondian as anything imho.

That's what I was thinking too. A bit generic, but maybe that sense of "familiarity" (it's obviously a Bond title) is just what films use these days to get sold to the crowds. The movie may yet prove itself quite different.

I'll need to sleep over it though. "Another Way To Die", "Tomorrow Never Dies", "Live And Let Die", ... what's the matter with all the dying? :D

I guess that just this once, the title might actually be well implemented in the story, what with all those hints of Bond or another big character dying and whatnot. Plus, I'm sure it'll flawlessly blend in with the rest of the lyrics of the theme song. ;-)
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    00Agent wrote: »

"Another Way To Die", "Tomorrow Never Dies", "Live And Let Die", ... what's the matter with all the dying? :D

Occupational hazard ;)
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 19,339
    It’s a nice nod of respect to Cubby as well,as he made a film called ‘no time to die’ in 1958.
    AND Terence Young directed it AND Richard Maibaum part wrote it - a lovely touch .
    barryt007 wrote: »
    It’s a nice nod of respect to Cubby as well,as he made a film called ‘no time to die’ in 1958.
    AND Terence Young directed it AND Richard Maibaum part wrote it - a lovely touch .

Great find, @barryt007 ! Wow, that changes everything for me. In a positive way. :)
    No Time to Die, so I guess I Die Another Day. But not tomorrow, because, Tomorrow Never Dies. I guess someone who wronged me has to take my place, so Live and let Die.

Note to self. Never Die.

Tomorrow Day Die out.

... Meh. Too many of these die titles in the series.
    SharkBait wrote: »
    No Time to Die, so I guess I Die Another Day. But not tomorrow, because, Tomorrow Never Dies. I guess someone who wronged me has to take my place, so Live and let Die.

Note to self. Never Die.

Tomorrow Day Die out.

... Meh. Too many of these die titles in the series.

I always thought "A Dame To Die For" was a good title. Too bad Frank Miller had already used it. ;-)
    Probably one of the most generic titles overall. Completely bland IMO. I'm gutted with this.

The title looks great. Seriously, whoever designed the logo / came up with the font should get a huge bonus from EON. Having said that, you are absolutely right, the title couldn't be more tepid. "Die" in the title yet again? Come on, this has to be a joke! Pretty much anyone in this forum would have been able to come up with a significantly more interesting title.

What does not surprise me is the incredibly positive reactions here. Had EON named the film "MANURE", the reactions would have been just as positive as they are now.

Yeah, I mean, it's what, the fourth Bond film in 25 entries that has the word "die". What a joke!

And to think we could have had Eclipse, Genoma, or Genoma of a Woman, or The Genoma Woman.

I guess it's a shame Attack of the Clones was already taken.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    No Time To Die

I like it. Has a Bondesque feel too it. Not a problem for this Bond fan.

@Mendes4Lyfe would your opinion of the title change if it was,

No Time To Die
    Aidan Turner as
    Ian Fleming's
    James Bond 007

You know it would. ;)
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Probably one of the most generic titles overall. Completely bland IMO. I'm gutted with this.

The title looks great. Seriously, whoever designed the logo / came up with the font should get a huge bonus from EON. Having said that, you are absolutely right, the title couldn't be more tepid. "Die" in the title yet again? Come on, this has to be a joke! Pretty much anyone in this forum would have been able to come up with a significantly more interesting title.

What does not surprise me is the incredibly positive reactions here. Had EON named the film "MANURE", the reactions would have been just as positive as they are now.

Yeah, I mean, it's what, the fourth Bond film in 25 entries that has the word "die". What a joke!

And to think we could have had Eclipse, Genoma, or Genoma of a Woman, or The Genoma Woman.

I guess it's a shame Attack of the Clones was already taken.

Well, all the wrong people dislike the title, so it must be good.

Kidding folks, don't shoot me ;)
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Chase in Matera this Sunday 25th

0mN299U.jpg
    DarthDimi wrote: »

I always thought "A Dame To Die For" was a good title. Too bad Frank Miller had already used it. ;-)

I think I echo a lot of what people are saying about the title (the positive ones).

Interesting seeing how high Ben Whishaw is on the cast list. Maybe they give him more to do a la Licence to Kill. But I do hope Ana de Armas isn't wasted.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Benny wrote: »
    No Time To Die

I like it. Has a Bondesque feel too it. Not a problem for this Bond fan.

@Mendes4Lyfe would your opinion of the title change if it was,

No Time To Die
    Aidan Turner as
    Ian Fleming's
    James Bond 007

You know it would. ;)

Now what makes you think that @Benny?

I can't imagine how you'd draw that conclusion.
    Omega's publicists will have a field day with that title ;)
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Chase in Matera this Sunday 25th

0mN299U.jpg

I actually posted this earlier today, all translated :P Mine though came from an article about the notice.

Car chase in Matera on Sunday 25th

"With a notice posted on the entrances of apartment buildings and some economic activities in the center of Matera, Lotus Production, a company that takes care of the executive production for Italy of the film "Bond 25" (working title) on the secret agent 007, announced that some chase scenes will be carried out on Sunday 25 August with car passes.

The wait is obviously all - but not only - for the legendary Aston Martin, full of accessories, which has characterized the episodes of Her Majesty's British agent with a license to kill.

Shooting is scheduled between 7 am and 7 pm and will be performed along the via Roma-Via XX Settembre axis. During the scenes - it is written in the notice - some cars coming from Piazza Vittorio Veneto, the main square of Matera, will head along Via XX Settembre. At the end of the race, after a roundabout, the cars will go back on other roads.

The production, apologizing for the inconvenience and stating that "we will try to reduce it to a minimum", recalled that the residents in the streets affected by the filming could go out and enter when they wanted, except during the filming: "There will be only our staff of security - the company pointed out - that will kindly ask you to wait a few minutes if you should leave or return to your homes, just when the car is being driven ”.

• ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited August 2019 Posts: 3,018

3 pic slider

• SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    TripAces wrote: »
    The sense of "time" was a trope in SP: the watch and "Tempus Fugit"

James Bond is on time.

Dr4nOyT.jpg
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited August 2019 Posts: 4,548

James Bond is on time.

Dr4nOyT.jpg

It took me a bit to get it. :-))
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.

James Bond is on time.

Dr4nOyT.jpg

It took me a bit to get it. :-))

:D

Multi-tweet thread:
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    I prefer NT2D, actually
  • Announced 1 day short of a year when they announced Danny Boyle had left, boy does that feel like a long time ago now.
    Announced 1 day short of a year when they announced Danny Boyle had left, boy does that feel like a long time ago now.
    this production has dragged

• edited August 2019 Posts: 2,594
    The title is better than the two other similar alternatives but having “die” in the title again is somewhat yawn inducing. I like the history behind it. For me, it’s average. Don’t love it, don’t hate it.

Property of a Lady or Risico for Bond 26? ;)
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited August 2019 Posts: 5,834
    I keep looking to find "Bond 25 Filming Thread" and then remember we have a title now :D

As skeptical I was at first when I saw this earlier, It's growing on me quite fast. It's certaintly better than a lot of what was rumoured. It actually reminded me of High Time to Kill.