No Time to Die production thread

Comments

The font reminds me of a cross between THE LOVE BOAT and NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN's American poster artwork
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Minion wrote: »
    Cowley wrote: »
    I had suspected those bemoaning the lack of any announcement of the title were only doing so because it was denying them a good old opportunity to moan about the title itself.

Next it'll be criticising the first teaser trailer.
    @Mendes4Lyfe is never happy.

Da font is Teh Love Bond.
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    It should also make a fine song title.
    I know it wasn't chosen for this reason, but reading that title as a giant middle finger to all the negative, gospel-assuming press hit pieces that have come out about this film and the future of the franchise amidst development...makes me like it even more.

Wonderful choice. Can't wait for the trailer.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited August 2019 Posts: 7,969
    Honestly, any excitement I had for Bond 25 just fell through the floor. I really thought they might be able to surprise us with something different, but its like they picked random words out of a hat. I think I'm probably ready to give up on Bond 25 for good, and just sit this one out.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Could the title reveal mean a teaser trailer is close?
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited August 2019 Posts: 3,018
    OT
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    The font reminds me of a cross between THE LOVE BOAT and NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN's American poster artwork

The font is the same as The Love Boat. Designed by german typeface designer Paul Renner in 1929
    Honestly, any excitement I had for Bond 25 just fell through the floor.

What?!? You had any???

;)
    No Time To Die is, for me, a good title.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 6,665
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Could the title reveal mean a teaser trailer is close?

Probably not. They probably would’ve used the teaser trailer for the reveal, right?
  • Honestly, any excitement I had for Bond 25 just fell through the floor. I really thought they might be able to surprise us with something different, but its like they picked random words out of a hat. I think I'm probably ready to give up on Bond 25 for good, and just sit this one out.

Because of a title? Wow.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    I know it wasn't chosen for this reason, but reading that title as a giant middle finger to all the negative, gospel-assuming press hit pieces that have come out about this film and the future of the franchise amidst development...makes me like it even more.

Wonderful choice. Can't wait for the trailer.

I wouldn't say it was't picked for that reason. This title is gold for Marketing because it is strong, compared to A reason to Die which sounds melancholic and weak. People will expect a great actionfilm with a happy end (whether they get it is another topic) it seems like a statement in itself, aimed at all the critics.

Bond STRONG... press WEAK!
    Honestly, any excitement I had for Bond 25 just fell through the floor. I really thought they might be able to surprise us with something different, but its like they picked random words out of a hat. I think I'm probably ready to give up on Bond 25 for good, and just sit this one out.

Because of a title? Wow.

This is the final straw, I think. I haven't been ignited for Bond 25, but I didn't give up hope that they could turn things around, even if all signs pointed that way. But this title is so uninspired and flat. It's sad as a lifelong fan, who has eagerly anticipated each film since Die Another Day.

If you like it, more power to you.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    I feel this phrase has to be in one of the Fleming novels seriously maybe from russia with love or Goldfinger

I'm almost certain it isn't. Fleming could think up better phrases than that.

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited August 2019 Posts: 2,630
    Were these filmed at the same time? Or was the photo from Spain for the Omega campaign?

3hhcgucu5nh31.png
  • RC7RC7

Because of a title? Wow.

This is the final straw, I think. I haven't been ignited for Bond 25, but I didn't give up hope that they could turn things around, even if all signs pointed that way. But this title is so uninspired and flat. It's sad as a lifelong fan, who has eagerly anticipated each film since Die Another Day.

You’ll see it.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart

Because of a title? Wow.

Don't kid yourself. You, along with the rest of us will be seeing it. Even if it's hailed as the worst piece of garbage on the planet, we all will be seeing it for ourselves.
    Contraband wrote: »
    OT
    ToTheRight wrote: »

The font is the same as The Love Boat. Designed by german typeface designer Paul Renner in 1929

A slightly altered Futura Black (the N is different). Interesting font choice.

It will be interesting to see if this design will be the one used on poster, or if it's just a title reveal choice.

As for the title itself, I'm quite happy. I prefer it when the films have more than one word, and NTTD is sooooo much better than SF and SP.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 14,799
    It's a great title. There is a sense of urgency to it, menace as well, and it's a pretty good allegorical depiction of Bond's duty.

And seriously, naysayers, what would you have come up with that's better?
    Were these filmed at the same time? Or was the photo from Spain for the Omega campaign?

3hhcgucu5nh31.png

Don't think so. Tough to tell at this level of detail, but he seems trimmer in the new one.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Ludovico wrote: »
    It's a great title. There is a sense of urgency to it, menace as well, and it's a pretty good allegorical depiction of Bond's duty.

I don't think you can. I've never been that vocal on these forums in the years ive been here, but I will be one of the first to defend this title.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.

I don't think you can. I've never been that vocal on these forums in the years ive been here, but I will be one of the first to defend this title.

It's a great title @Last_Rat_Standing count me in.
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Especially after hearing the rumoured ones. Genoma? Eclipse?
  • The Property of a Lady would have been nice, but we can save that one for BOND 26 ;)
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Especially after hearing the rumoured ones. Genoma? Eclipse?

@Ludovico definitely
  • Love the title. First, because it's not a one word title again. Second, because it instantly makes me think of Bond (and, frankly, the Brosnan era, which I love even with all its faults). A huge improvement as a title over Spectre.

The font feels very 60's too which is so appropiate. I'm glad we don't have to hear about Genoma Woman anymore.
    I love it. We haven't had a four word title in decades.
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    I don't mind it. Not fond of the font really. It's very old school. But that's about it. I think they missed an opportunity with some Fleming titles but it's an ongoing series. There's always another day for those.
    RC7 wrote: »

Because of a title? Wow.

You’ll see it.

Maybe, someday.