Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Dolemite reminds me of two great movies Bowfinger and Black Dynamite (Still waiting for the sequel to the latter)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2019 Posts: 15,686
    @bondjames @DarthDimi @MajorDSmythe

First trailer for Terence Malick's A Hidden Life.

This is the final film for both Bruno Ganz and Michael Nyqvist.

y38i6eylj8g31.jpg

----

First trailer for Greta Gerwig's Little Women:

A change of chartacter for Emilia Clarke :

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited August 2019 Posts: 23,104
    Gerard wrote: »

Not a film I would watch, though I do like Emilia Clarke, this film appears to echo her real life battle
  • conradhankersconradhankers Underground
    Gerard wrote: »

Not a film I would watch, though I do like Emilia Clarke, this film appears to echo her real life battle

With her real-life threatening drama this has a lot of unexpected pathos in this performance. I need another Love Actually film - London looks awesome, fab British cast, downside, the director, I hope he didn't give in to studio notes and I hope he directs a good movie. Fingers crossed.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    The new film from one of the co-directors of Swiss Army Man:

@bondjames @doubleoego @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @boldfinger

First trailer for Motherless Brooklyn coming imminently.

Set against the backdrop of 1950s New York, Motherless Brooklyn follows Lionel Essrog, a lonely private detective afflicted with Tourette's Syndrome, as he ventures to solve the murder of his mentor and only friend, Frank Minna.

Directed by: Edward Norton.

Starring: Edward Norton, Bruce Willis, Willem Dafoe, Alec Baldwin, Bobby Cannavale, Cherry Jones and Michael Kenneth Williams.

Release date: November 1, 2019.

MV5-BZDc3-NDEw-Mzct-MDEz-NC00-OTdm-LTli-MWQt-YTdj-NTM3-ZGIx-Mm-Fh-Xk-Ey-Xk-Fqc-Gde-QXVy-Nz-Iw-NDA4-Nz-I-V1.jpg
    Good to see Alec Baldwin after I saw him die last night when I re-watched M:I Fallout :-)).

Let me guess, Ed Norton plays the one with Tourette´s. I can´t stop seeing him now twitching his face and shouting obscenities.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Good to see Alec Baldwin after I saw him die last night when I re-watched M:I Fallout :-)).

Let me guess, Ed Norton plays the one with Tourette´s. I can´t stop seeing him now twitching his face and shouting obscenities.

Correct, Norton plays Lionel Essrog and Willis plays Frank Minna.
    Glad to see Vincent Cassel in there. Looks quite entertaining!
    I am a fan of films where a collection of characters are in peril stuck in a location The Thing, Alien and Event Horizon for example. Underwater looks decent
    @bondjames @doubleoego @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @boldfinger

First trailer for Motherless Brooklyn coming imminently.

Set against the backdrop of 1950s New York, Motherless Brooklyn follows Lionel Essrog, a lonely private detective afflicted with Tourette's Syndrome, as he ventures to solve the murder of his mentor and only friend, Frank Minna.

Directed by: Edward Norton.

Starring: Edward Norton, Bruce Willis, Willem Dafoe, Alec Baldwin, Bobby Cannavale, Cherry Jones and Michael Kenneth Williams.

Release date: November 1, 2019.

And we now have the first official image:

i23ev0g36ih31.jpg
    The first trailer for the horror/thriller Antlers, the new film by Scott Cooper (Out of the Furnace, Hostiles), will be online in the coming days.

A small-town Oregon teacher and her brother, the local sheriff, become entwined with a young student harboring a dangerous secret with frightening consequences.

Starring: Keri Russell, Jesse Plemons and Graham Greene.

----

Trailer for the the Chinese gangster/crime film Coldest City 1945:

----

First official image of Just Mercy:

dti3l0w7qeh31-1.jpg

Just Mercy shadows world-renowned civil rights defense attorney Bryan Stevenson as he recounts his experiences and details the case of a condemned death row prisoner whom he fought to free.

Directed by: Destin Daniel Cretton (Short Term 12 and MCU's Shang-Chi).

Starring: Michael B Jordan, Jamie Foxx, Brie Larson and Tim Blake Nelson.

----

Trailer for the South Korean action flick Bad Guys:

I´m surprised Scott Cooper made a horror film, but I´m not surprised that he seems to be as impressive at it as he is with his other films. I´d really need a big strong papa bear or mama bear to hold my hand if I want to get through this film without wetting my pants.

That Last Blood trailer looks like Skyfall for grownups :-).

Awesome glad the team are back
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

Oh man, sign me up. Will be curious to see if they can deliver the magic after all these years.
    Both Wachowskis are girls now? How times change.

Lana directing and producing? Good luck with that! On the plus side, if Joel Silver isn´t producing, chances are better we won´t get another 2h story drawn out over two whole films.
    It would be cool to have Neo do some John Wick violence :-).
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Huuuuge fan. Gimme a Matrix 4.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I never cared much for Reloaded & Revolutions. But i'm curious to see how a 4th film will turn out.
    I never cared much for Reloaded & Revolutions. But i'm curious to see how a 4th film will turn out.
    I guess it would be pretty cool to edit it down to about 2h and cut out all the useless nonsense like all the talking in Zion in the first half of Reloaded ;-).

Wonder where they will take it?
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Maybe starting it in a re-booted Matrix, and then Neo goes Jason Bourne ;-)?

boldfinger wrote: »
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Maybe starting it in a re-booted Matrix, and then Neo goes Jason Bourne ;-)?

:)) On virtual steroids! 8-}
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Very interesting. A must see.
    First trailer for Bombshell, the new Jay Roach (Austin Powers, Trumbo) film, is imminent.

A few women decide to take on Fox News boss Roger Ailes and the toxic male culture he presided over at the network.

Starring: Margot Robbie, Charlize Theron, Nicole Kidman, Alice Eve, Connie Britton, Allison Janney, Kate McKinon & John Lithgow.

Release date: December 20, 2019.

----

Chris Pine joins the latest political-drama about Watergate, this time focusing on Richard Nixon's lawyer John Dean. Dean served as a central figure in the Watergate scandal and is known for helping orchestrate the attempted cover-up, but later became a witness for the prosecution.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/chris-pine-attached-amazon-pitch-nixon-lawyer-john-dean-1232981
    First trailer for Bombshell, the new Jay Roach (Austin Powers, Trumbo) film, is imminent.

A few women decide to take on Fox News boss Roger Ailes and the toxic male culture he presided over at the network.

Starring: Margot Robbie, Charlize Theron, Nicole Kidman, Alice Eve, Connie Britton, Allison Janney, Kate McKinon & John Lithgow.

Release date: December 20, 2019.
    Finally a film about strong women. Been waiting for that all life long.