Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

Hauer made some memorable films, Blind Fury 1989 I had on VHS a decent film.
    Yessss!!! BLIND FURY was his best!! Terribly underrated and exciting action flick. Rutger Hauer is just incredible as the blind martial artist!! The film stayed with me a long time after I saw it. Even has Sho Kosugi in a cameo in an exciting battle with Hauer at the end! The bad guys keep coming and blind Hauer keeps dispatching them all!! The director was none other than the great Phillip Noyce before his Tom Clancy films!

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Yessss!!! BLIND FURY was his best!! Terribly underrated and exciting action flick. Rutger Hauer is just incredible as the blind martial artist!! The film stayed with me a long time after I saw it. Even has Sho Kosugi in a cameo in an exciting battle with Hauer at the end! The bad guys keep coming and blind Hauer keeps dispatching them all!! The director was none other than the great Phillip Noyce before his Tom Clancy films!

True it was at the end of the martial arts trend in the 80's before it became more main stream, before mass media overload these films were our generations bread and butter. I do miss visiting the local VHS and Beta Max movie stores

True it was at the end of the martial arts trend in the 80's before it became more main stream, before mass media overload these films were our generations bread and butter. I do miss visiting the local VHS and Beta Max movie stores
    You’re not kidding! Going to the video store and seeing movies like these on the shelf, alongside Chuck Norris, Arnold, Sly, Eastwood, Bronson, Van Damme, Seagal, Dudikoff, Dolph, etc.

Great times!!!

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

You’re not kidding! Going to the video store and seeing movies like these on the shelf, alongside Chuck Norris, Arnold, Sly, Eastwood, Bronson, Van Damme, Seagal, Dudikoff, Dolph, etc.

Great times!!!

I made life long friends at the video store due to random conversation about the next action movie, how times have changed.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 1,637
    Gabe "Orko in He-Man 2003" Khouth (1972 - 2019) , didnt even make it to 50 :(

Motorcycle accident i think

Now both Orkos are dead : Lou Scheimer and Gabe
    I’m glad we got the excellent Walken as Zorin (my 2nd best Bond villain) but Rutger should have been involved in a Bond film for sure .
    What a villain he would have made !!!
    Just found out about Rutger Hauer's passing. Blade Runner is one of my all time favourite films. His performance was truly memorable. RIP.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Quite the coincidence that he dies in 2019, same as Roy Batty.
    harley-race-696x392-e1564685869884.jpg
    R.I.P. Harley Race one of the toughest men in wrestling, a true Legend. Passes away at 76
    I wanted to talk about the demise of Broadway producer and Director Harold Prince, who passed away aged 91

https://variety.com/2019/legit/news/harold-prince-dead-dies-broadway-1203286549/

But this friday, I learned of a death that hit much closer to home : my brother passed away from cancer, aged only 50. I'll be travelling tomorrow to attend his funeral. Sad doesn't even begin to define how I feel right now.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Gerard wrote: »
    I wanted to talk about the demise of Broadway producer and Director Harold Prince, who passed away aged 91

https://variety.com/2019/legit/news/harold-prince-dead-dies-broadway-1203286549/

But this friday, I learned of a death that hit much closer to home : my brother passed away from cancer, aged only 50. I'll be travelling tomorrow to attend his funeral. Sad doesn't even begin to define how I feel right now.

Thats horrible news @Gerard my condolences to you and your family. I'm sure the community is here for support.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @Gerard
    Please accept my sincerest condolences. This is absolutely terrible. Drop me a PM any time you need a chat, man. You are in my thoughts!
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    That’s terrible news :( My condolences, @Gerard.
    Thank you, everyone, for your sympathies. I just got back from the funerals, and it was no picnic. His children were, understandably, devastated. Life goes on, they say, but it's also true that it stinks. Badly.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    So sorry for your families loss @Gerard, thoughts with you.
    Thanks, Benny.

Now, on to news that don't involve me : French Director Jean-Pierre Mocky, author of satirical comedies and dramas featuring Bourvil or Michel Serrault, has passed away, aged 86 (or is it 91 ? Not even he was sure of that).

http://www.tellerreport.com/life/2019-08-08---french-director-jean-pierre-mocky-is-dead-.SJ86V19QB.html
    Comic book artist Ernie Colón, creator, among others, of Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld, has passed away, aged 88 :

https://www.cbr.com/ernie-colon-passes-away-88/
    50 yrs ago , Manson murders
    Tracy wrote: »
    50 yrs ago , Manson murders

That was just pure evil.
    Steve McQueen was invited to be there that night,but pulled out the last minute.
    He carried a gun on him for ages after hearing what happened.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 1,637
    Jon Benn : "I was supposed to be at Tate/Sebrings house the day they were killed , i knew Sharons dad who was a colonel"

Benn would later co star in Way of Dragon with Bruce Lee , who also became a suspect cuz he had forgotten his sunglasses at Tates house
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2019 Posts: 15,686
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    Just heard about the passing of Peter Fonda. His place in popular culture was secured decades ago with “Easy Rider” (another movie coming up on 50 years). And for those of you that know the backstory; every time I hear The Beatles’ “She Said, She Said” I think of him.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    RIP Peter Fonda
    edited August 2019 Posts: 23,105
    @Gerard my condolences for your loss
    ----
    R. I. P. Peter Fonda
    Jane-Fonda-Henry-Fonda-Peter-Fonda-8x10-photo.jpg
    The Byrds - The Ballad of Easy Rider
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    RIP Mephisto.
    RIP Peter Fonda.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 19,339
    Shame x great actor.

RIP Peter, you made at least 2 cult films I know of and love.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    tumblr_mc10p6JlQh1r7tq9yo1_400.gif
  • Dwayne wrote: »
    Just heard about the passing of Peter Fonda. His place in popular culture was secured decades ago with “Easy Rider” (another movie coming up on 50 years). And for those of you that know the backstory; every time I hear The Beatles’ “She Said, She Said” I think of him.

If you'd like to hear the song evolve -- early versions have it as "he said" -- then check this out. PS: John got there first...
    Very sad , had hoped Id meet him at a euro con , alas it was not to happen :(

Kang Rhee RIP (Presleys karate mentor)