I've never noticed that before...

Comments

I reckon BLACKTABLE was driving Blofelds' escape car and flying his helicopter,in SP too.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    Does that phone number lead to anything? Or the address? The website doesn't exist.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Treasury address is correct. I think the phone numbers are (or at least used to be) fake.
    Revelator wrote: »
    I think BLACKTABLE would make for a great Bond film title.

The table could be revealed as the mastermind behind Blofeld and Spectre. In a further shocking twist, the table would reveal it was part of Bond's childhood bedroom furniture.
    Minion wrote: »
    I think BLACKTABLE would make for a great Bond film title.

The table could be revealed as the mastermind behind Blofeld and Spectre. In a further shocking twist, the table would reveal it was part of Bond's childhood bedroom furniture.
    "It was me, James. The altar for all your chow mein."

This is brilliant!
    Or maybe the BLACKTABLE flips over in front of Bond and says : "looks like the tables have turned,Mr Bond".
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 17,241
    Some orange table lamps seen in Tracy's hotel room in OHMSS also appears on board the cruise ship in DAF:
    yFRmeuP.png
    vyZnmcJ.png
    Some very similar looking ones also appear in TB:
    dWboyXq.png

Same brand of lamps, perhaps?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    You really have an eye for details.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    edited August 2019 Posts: 4,418
    The set dressers were cheap and/or lazy perchance? Imagine all the sets/rooms you have to dress. There's bound to be some cross over.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    When I last watched FYEO on TV (not DVD), I noticed something re the gun barrel. In the DVD version, the circle after the shot does not open slowly, but with a cut. Now in the TV version somebody must have "fixed" it, as the circle now also opens slowly. Is this something German TV did, or have you noticed the same change when you wtached it on TV? Just curious.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    When I last watched FYEO on TV (not DVD), I noticed something re the gun barrel. In the DVD version, the circle after the shot does not open slowly, but with a cut. Now in the TV version somebody must have "fixed" it, as the circle now also opens slowly. Is this something German TV did, or have you noticed the same change when you wtached it on TV? Just curious.
    Interesting. I always found the gun barrel transition on the DVD/Blu-ray jarring.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    @Torgeirtrap these catches are amazing ! Honestly after watching these films
    hundreds and hundreds of Times, I never noticed anything. I was thinking those
    Blofeld pictures from OHMSS and DAF, could be easily knocked up on a computer
    these days, for a bit of Bond related art.

Very odd the German TV station would change that. The gunbarrel for EYES ONLY has always had that jarring cut instead of it expanding. Differentiates it from the other films.
    The ABC Televison network used to butcher Binder's titles. I recall oddly the FOR YOUR EYES ONLY title being placed at the bottom of the screen instead of the top.
  • ProfJoeButcherProfJoeButcher Bless your heart
    ToTheRight wrote: »

Very odd the German TV station would change that. The gunbarrel for EYES ONLY has always had that jarring cut instead of it expanding. Differentiates it from the other films.
    The ABC Televison network used to butcher Binder's titles. I recall oddly the FOR YOUR EYES ONLY title being placed at the bottom of the screen instead of the top.

They've always been at the bottom?
    You really have an eye for details.

It was a complete coincidence I noticed the lamps, as I was looking for something else. I wonder if there are other lamps that features in several films!
    royale65 wrote: »
    The set dressers were cheap and/or lazy perchance? Imagine all the sets/rooms you have to dress. There's bound to be some cross over.

Yep, it's no surprise really.
    @Torgeirtrap these catches are amazing ! Honestly after watching these films
    hundreds and hundreds of Times, I never noticed anything. I was thinking those
    Blofeld pictures from OHMSS and DAF, could be easily knocked up on a computer
    these days, for a bit of Bond related art.

It's only recently I've started to notice these details, and watching the films going forward I'll make sure to intentionally look for more stuff. :-)

Agree re. the Blofeld art. It's tempting to try and recreate them.
    ToTheRight wrote: »

They've always been at the bottom?

Oops. Actually I meant the other way. The ABC network TV version put the title on top.
    I think there was an interview with Binder where he lamented what the networks did to his titles for pan and scanning.
    The ultimate villain team-up: BLACKTABLE Meets ORANGELAMP. How will Bond defeat his most persistent furniture foes???
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    I suppose they are both operatives for that most villainous of clandestine organisations: IKEA.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    M does listen to Bond's interior design tips.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I reckon BLACKTABLE was driving Blofelds' escape car and flying his helicopter,in SP too.

It would explain the terrible flying. As fast as a boat....
    While watching TB last night I noticed the black table from previous films (likely) makes yet another appearance, in a blink-and-you-miss-it moment as Fiona Volpe walks into the hotel room to find Paula waiting for Bond (lower right corner in this screenshot):
    FnxSw06.png

The black table in previous films:
    6GdH9YC.png
    RtE7H7f.png
    Z7BJMER.png
    14Tz9mP.png

Also, the same type of lamps can be seen at the Nassau hotel and at Palmyra:
    KT3Q6z6.png
    9Ggfprt.png
    Rock on Black Table! Fingers crossed for an appearance in YOLT!
    Rock on Black Table! Fingers crossed for an appearance in YOLT!

Finished watching YOLT last night, but couldn't find the black table anywhere. I might have missed it, so I'll keep an eye out for it the next time around! There were a few other black tables though, but not the same type.

After watching both TB and YOLT this week, I noticed a couple of things. In YOLT, the same type of desk can be seen in the meeting between the diplomats and in Tiger Tanaka's office (Tanaka has additional, separate (?) drawers).
    UWANRwq.png
    2jCBz4K.png

I also suspect the same kind of desk is Blofeld's desk of choice in FRWL:

72iTNP4.png

I can't be sure of this, but I also think the same cabinet appears in both TB and YOLT (right-hand corner):
    imgtKIlvPI.png
    ]
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Yes @Torgeirtrap looks like Tiger prefers to have a rolling filing cabinet or drawers next to the table. Great catch. That table has stood the test of time. It would look fashionable in any office space today and to think it's from 1963.

Is there a furniture thread on here? Might be worth starting one. Great work.
    thedove wrote: »
    Yes @Torgeirtrap looks like Tiger prefers to have a rolling filing cabinet or drawers next to the table. Great catch. That table has stood the test of time. It would look fashionable in any office space today and to think it's from 1963.

Is there a furniture thread on here? Might be worth starting one. Great work.

Agree, that desk certainly looks very fashionable. Wonder what brand and model it is! The brown leather chair Tiger is seated in, is the Vatne 807, by Vatne.

Haven't seen a furniture/interior thread anywhere. I can start one. :-)

Can't be sure of this, but I think the same type of office desk lamp appears in both TB and YOLT:
    CVprID3.png
    0S5WvSO.png
    Yes I think you are correct. Looks the same to me.

Who was the set designer of these films? Or were all designs inspired by Ken Adams? Cause whoever it was had a great eye and great sense of style.
    thedove wrote: »
    Yes I think you are correct. Looks the same to me.

Who was the set designer of these films? Or were all designs inspired by Ken Adams? Cause whoever it was had a great eye and great sense of style.

It wouldn't surprise me if they're the same lamps. You never see them from the same angle though.

Ken Adam, Syd Cain and Peter Lamont worked on many of the films in Production Design, Art Direction and Set Decoration roles. I must admit I don't exactly know the differences between all these roles. All three did great work with the Bond films!

I've started a furniture and interior thread, btw. :-)
    If Blofeld and Tiger Tananka share the same desk, then I foresee a major security risk. Unless of course Tiger has been working for Spectre all along...
    If Blofeld and Tiger Tananka share the same desk, then I foresee a major security risk. Unless of course Tiger has been working for Spectre all along...

Interesting theory…Maybe that's why his ninja squad got so easily infiltrated in YOLT.
    Or maybe Japanese SIS bought the yacht from law enforcement when it was seized at the end of the Russia Lektor affair? LOL!
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    In Skyfall, Patrice goes straight from landing in Shanghai to the hit job... A mere 10 minute delay of his flight or bad traffic would've made him fail his mission. Pretty unprofessional leaving no room for error (for things which he can have no control over).