I've never noticed that before...

Comments

• ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    TripAces wrote: »
    The same wall clock appears on board Goldfinger's private jet in GF and at Shrublands in TB:
    vB8SBHl.png
    pfROyUG.png

Nice work.

There are a few more of these, but I need to take some screenshots before I post them.

That's great, @Torgeirtrap! Great work. Looking forward for your screenshots...

I don't think is the Japanese flag, let's find the author...
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 17,241
    thedove wrote: »
    Good catch, @Torgeirtrap . There are bound to be many of these, as their prop collection can t be infinitely huge. Makes sense to reuse much of it.
    @Thunderfinger There are examples where the same items are used in different parts of the same film too (DN, for example).

Blofeld's taste of art doesn't change between OHMSS and DAF:
    vd7Wibo.png
    KXf1StV.png
    5Zkyauv.png

The hilarious thing about this is that the original artwork would have exploded in Piz Gloria. Then Blofeld would have had to have ordered the artwork again and shipped to Baja California to be placed aboard the oil rig. Or did Willard Whyte and Blofeld share the same taste in art.

I guess Blofeld is the kind of guy who could go through the trouble of ordering the same artwork again, haha!
    ggl007 wrote: »
    The same wall clock appears on board Goldfinger's private jet in GF and at Shrublands in TB:
    vB8SBHl.png
    pfROyUG.png

Nice work.

There are a few more of these, but I need to take some screenshots before I post them.

That's great, @Torgeirtrap! Great work. Looking forward for your screenshots...

I don't think is the Japanese flag, let's find the author...

Thanks! I only have a couple more of these examples (and one I need to check), but who knows, maybe a few more will turn up eventually.

It would be interesting to find out who made these dotted art prints. Maybe then it would be possible to find out if they were inspired by the Japanese flag, or not.

Dr. No and Miss Taro have the same taste in interiors – at least when it comes to small, black tables:
    470cRNY.png
    7Xse0RT.png
    6GdH9YC.png
    RtE7H7f.png
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Nice one. Maybe Miss Taro noticed them when she visited Crab Key and Dr No gave her a tip what store to buy them? I can definitely see them re-using props in DN since the film was made for $1,000,000. Wow that number is just staggering when you think of the stunning Ken Adams sets that were in this film. Truly movie magic and I believe it shows that the producers were true to their word of putting every dollar up on the screen.

I was reminded today that they were looking to shoot TB. I have trouble seeing how TB could have been made for the budget of DN. I am glad McClory and the courts stopped this from being their first choice.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    A couple of Bond films rhyme.

Thunderball and Skyfall

You Only Live Twice and Tomorrow Never Dies

Nice one. Maybe Miss Taro noticed them when she visited Crab Key and Dr No gave her a tip what store to buy them?

Maybe so!
    I can definitely see them re-using props in DN since the film was made for $1,000,000. Wow that number is just staggering when you think of the stunning Ken Adams sets that were in this film. Truly movie magic and I believe it shows that the producers were true to their word of putting every dollar up on the screen.

It makes sense for sure; they made the most out of that budget, so a few items popping up at various places isn't surprising. Back then they most likely didn't expect people to own a copy of the film on home media decades later, looking for every small detail, either!
    I was reminded today that they were looking to shoot TB. I have trouble seeing how TB could have been made for the budget of DN. I am glad McClory and the courts stopped this from being their first choice.

A TB on a DN budget would have been a VERY different film. I can't even imagine how it would have looked.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Something I noticed ages ago: Miss Taro smokes the same cigs as Mr Jones - which is not so surprising - but it makes me wonder if she, too, had a special cyanide-flavoured one in there.
    vintage-craven-filter-tip-20-pack_360_4b72a0977fffeb91ee22e04e799159db.jpg
    QBranch wrote: »
    it makes me wonder if she, too, had a special cyanide-flavoured one in there

Well, they are craven.

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    QBranch wrote: »
    Something I noticed ages ago: Miss Taro smokes the same cigs as Mr Jones - which is not so surprising - but it makes me wonder if she, too, had a special cyanide-flavoured one in there.
    vintage-craven-filter-tip-20-pack_360_4b72a0977fffeb91ee22e04e799159db.jpg

Either that or it was the only brand for sale on the island...
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    It's Matt Monro not Matt Munro
    I just realized that in 12 of the 24 films Bond ends up with the girl on or in water.

DN...boat
    FRWL...gondola
    TB...raft
    YOTL...raft
    DAF...cruise ship
    TMWTGG...junk boat
    TSWLM...Stromberg escape pod
    FYEO...Melina's ship
    OP...Octopussy ship
    AVTAK (if we classify a shower as being on the water!)
    LTK...a swimming pool
    TND...wreckage of the stealth boat

Seems to be especially true of the Moore and Connery Bond films
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    I suppose you mean the actual end, but Bond and Vesper's final scene involves water
    Was watching YOLT Blu-ray the other day and discovered a couple of small things:

-When Bond and Aki are escaping the gunmen leaving Osato Chemicals, there's a sign leading up the driveway to the building with the Osato logo.

-In the trailer when Miss Brandt slides into the piranha pool visible are the wires or ropes pulling the bridge as well as a production assistant's head. Decided to check against the actual film and the wires are still prominent but the guy's head less so but still briefly visible.
    BT3366 wrote: »
    Was watching YOLT Blu-ray the other day and discovered a couple of small things:

-When Bond and Aki are escaping the gunmen leaving Osato Chemicals, there's a sign leading up the driveway to the building with the Osato logo.

-In the trailer when Miss Brandt slides into the piranha pool visible are the wires or ropes pulling the bridge as well as a production assistant's head. Decided to check against the actual film and the wires are still prominent but the guy's head less so but still briefly visible.

That 2nd comment re Brandt and the bridge is something I haven't seen,but still,that is amateurish editing.
    The same table (possibly?) we see at Miss Taro's place and at Dr. No's lair makes a return in FRWL:
    Z7BJMER.png
    6GdH9YC.png
    RtE7H7f.png

It also looks like MI6 and the Venice hotel favours the same type of desk lamps:
    5wEgrRy.png
    N3HjLwc.png
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Good catch again. Those lamps were probably very common back then. Still, probably the same prop.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Loving this thread!
    Good catch again. Those lamps were probably very common back then. Still, probably the same prop.

Yes, it was likely a common lamp (which is maybe why they decided to use it twice). Maybe someone here knows which brand/model it is?
    I wouldn't be surprised if that table ends up being in more Bond films than Connery!
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    The same table (possibly?) we see at Miss Taro's place and at Dr. No's lair makes a return in FRWL:
    Z7BJMER.png
    6GdH9YC.png
    RtE7H7f.png

It also looks like MI6 and the Venice hotel favours the same type of desk lamps:
    5wEgrRy.png
    N3HjLwc.png

This is now moving us in the direction of "Thing Theory." I love it.
    Not the very same, but some similarly looking illustrations decorates Bond's flat in DN, and the walls in the hallway of the Miami Beach hotel in GF. Cars at Bond's place, carriages (?) at the hotel.
    2XtBQX2.png
    mJkXQTx.png
    61aGXLW.png
    vQaEIKW.png
    Revelator wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if that table ends up being in more Bond films than Connery!
    About that…
    I think I found another appearance of the black table!

14Tz9mP.png
    Z7BJMER.png
    RtE7H7f.png
    6GdH9YC.png
    Z7BJMER.png
    6GdH9YC.png
    RtE7H7f.png

5wEgrRy.png
    N3HjLwc.png

This is now moving us in the direction of "Thing Theory." I love it.

"Thing Theory" – that's a great way to put it!
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    It's been mentioned that Dr. Vogel is never mentioned by name in SP, but immediately preceding her first line, you can hear the SPECTRE member who was talking mention her name as he passes the floor to her.

@ 1:20
    The black table has now become my favorite recurring character.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    I think BLACKTABLE would make for a great Bond film title.
    The black table has now become my favorite recurring character.

I'm going to rewatch TB soon; I certainly hope the table features there too!
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 2,887

The table could be revealed as the mastermind behind Blofeld and Spectre. In a further shocking twist, the table would reveal it was part of Bond's childhood bedroom furniture.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond

The table could be revealed as the mastermind behind Blofeld and Spectre. In a further shocking twist, the table would reveal it was part of Bond's childhood bedroom furniture.
    "It was me, James. The altar for all your chow mein."
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    Something I recently noticed on a CR rewatch:

When Dryden opens the drawer to take his gun, we see a small card with the redesigned Universal Exports logo on it. If I'm not mistaken, this is the only appearance of Univex and that logo until Bond's business card in QOS.
    8kz6BIc.jpg
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited August 2019 Posts: 5,921
    snip
    Minion wrote: »

"It was me, James. The altar for all your chow mein."

Okay I laughed quite loud at this! Well done chaps!

In my current job I frequently loan out clothing for productions that are shooting in Toronto. I recall one of them saying sometimes they use the same clothes for either different characters or different shows. It would make sense that EON had an inventory of props that they would use and re-use.

Where can we petition for Blacktable to be the next title? I like it actually better then some of the more recent titles.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited August 2019 Posts: 13,879
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Something I recently noticed on a CR rewatch:

When Dryden opens the drawer to take his gun, we see a small card with the redesigned Universal Exports logo on it. If I'm not mistaken, this is the only appearance of Univex and that logo until Bond's business card in QOS.
    8kz6BIc.jpg

Great find @DeerAtTheGates , that's a big one!
    I used to think it was a blank ID card, but it's a label on a folder - there are more folders seen on his desk in that scene.

Some pics of my replica before I realized it was part of the folder:
    12118853966_4d2bb9dd83_z.jpg
    12118581834_ac98080d70_z.jpg