No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    There actually is a yacht similar to the one pictured in the photo Cary posted of the beach.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Gravina City Hall: https://comune.gravina.ba.it/in-allestimento-il-set-del-nuovo-film-della-saga-di-james-bond/

Traffic closed to prepare the film sets, between archaeological area of Padre Eterno and il Bastione Medievale.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia

Bond 25 producer Enzo Sisti at the La Locanda Maratea.
    That is not a yacht on the beach photo, just rocks.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    lino99 wrote: »
    That is not a yacht on the beach photo, just rocks.
    There is a yacht. Middle left of this picture:

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    Can't wait for this film! I have a feeling it's gonna be something special :D
    Does anyone have much idea for the schedule for filming this month?
    1. Are they shooting in Swinley Forest till 16th August?
    2. Then after that, probably in the week commencing 19th August they will be in Matera?
    3. How long will the main unit be in Matera for?
    4. Are they totally finished with Norway scenes?

Need some Seaweed apparently...
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Red_Snow wrote: »

Bond 25 producer Enzo Sisti at the La Locanda Maratea.

I assume they will be shooting at the Hotel La Locanda then, or the cast may stay there? Does anyone know?
    I could still book myself in there :)
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome

Need some Seaweed apparently...

I get it now. Malek's character is a producer of a new type of drugs based on seaweed. Ten times more potent than ketamine.

:-?
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    That beach is made for navel-gazing. Or naval-gazing if Bond's in his uniform.
    OK I'm very late in the news (bad connection at work and also busy as hell). I love the fact that Dr Vogel is returning. I love the SP connections so far. I know it was a controversial release, at least here, but I personally enjoyed it and I think the general public is less harsh on it than the fanbase. And it's not like Vogel was a character that did not work or was a cause of criticism to begin with. Regarding the Brofeld angle I suspect they'll go the USSR way at some point : it never existed to begin with. For Bond 25, they can easily ignore it.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited August 2019 Posts: 4,343
    Does anyone have much idea for the schedule for filming this month?

How long will the main unit be in Matera for?

Enzo Sisti said they will wrap filming in Basilicata mid September. 15th/20th September.
    Does anyone know what actor's are going to be filming their scenes in Italy?
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Okay....so they are rebuilding the house from Norway in Swinley Forest

Not sure how related, but a controlled explosion was also done in the forest last week

Very interesting......the large amount of forestry that has grown would suggest that a lot of time has passed since the opening. Which would suggest that a flashback. Clearly Madeleine's childhood is essential to the plot.

XskeQsV_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    The plot of Bond 25 intrigues me greatly, especially when it comes to Madeline. It is controversial around here, but I liked her portrayal by Lea. She seems like the kind that Bond would settle down with. I just hope they have enough time for her backstory, including a few flashbacks, as well as the other assortment of general plot threads they have in play. It's hard to see how all this will fit together.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    I'm not concerned about it but I wonder how they're going to weave the story together with all these locations. Seems like a lot of globe trotting, I'm interested to see where they place in the film

I imagine,
    Matera (PTS, wedding?)
    Jamaica (5 years on Bond retired)
    Cuba
    London
    Norway

Just a guess on my part?
    edited August 2019 Posts: 10,586

Not sure how related, but a controlled explosion was also done in the forest last week

Very interesting......the large amount of forestry that has grown would suggest that a lot of time has passed since the opening. Which would suggest that a flashback. Clearly Madeleine's childhood is essential to the plot.

This is highly interesting, and could mean one of two things.

The two scenes (i.e the one filmed in Norway back in March and the Atlantic Road/Scotland shoot) are directly related and happen early in the film as opposed to the climax, or that the characters return to the same place much later in the film.

My money's on the second option because I still don't believe Bond will have acquired the V8 Vantage as early as scene 15 in the film.
    It makes perfect sense that the film opens with a young Madeleine in her home in Norway and then the finale takes place in the same location. Clearly the house has some significance to the plot.

The thing that concerns me is there will be A LOT of jumping around in time based on current speculation.

So the film opens goes like this:

1. Opens in mid-1990s with a young Madeleine scene
    2. Then we are in 2015 for the wedding of Bond and Madeleine
    3. Then we jump forward another 5 years for Jamaica.

So the first 20 minutes or so of the film will be full of subtitled explaining how much time has passed between scenes. That just sounds exhausting.....also it seems like poor storytelling to me as it's just too easy a device to explain thing simply for an audience......

Just imagine seeing this type of subtitle continuously:

Golden_Eye_1995_Screenshot_0406.jpg
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 220
    It seems another casting was planned this week in Sapri close to Maratea (August 6th and 7th). The requirements only concerned the residence but not really the age, nationality or whatever. Needs to be available from September 23rd to 27th. Was mandatory to show up with ID, SSN and bank account number: cinemotore.com/?p=154837
    edited August 2019 Posts: 7,969
    It makes perfect sense that the film opens with a young Madeleine in her home in Norway and then the finale takes place in the same location. Clearly the house has some significance to the plot.

The thing that concerns me is there will be A LOT of jumping around in time based on current speculation.

So the film opens goes like this:

1. Opens in mid-1990s with a young Madeleine scene
    2. Then we are in 2015 for the wedding of Bond and Madeleine
    3. Then we jump forward another 5 years for Jamaica.

So the first 20 minutes or so of the film will be full of subtitled explaining how much time has passed between scenes. That just sounds exhausting.....also it seems like poor storytelling to me as it's just too easy a device to explain thing simply for an audience......

Just imagine seeing this type of subtitle continuously:

Golden_Eye_1995_Screenshot_0406.jpg

I did say that this film has a lot going on. Also remember that within that timeframe they will need to establish Nomi, and get the ball rolling with villains dastardly plan, perhaps a kidnapping scene early on?

Not saying it can't be done artfully, but a film with this many subplots is kind of uncharted territory for a Bond film. It's bold if nothing else, but has the potential to just end up a mess if not woven together correctly.

So fake or CGI snow? Maybe they'll blow the cabin up here or something, because they didn't get permission in Norway due to the wildlife?
    Zekidk wrote: »

So fake or CGI snow? Maybe they'll blow the cabin up here or something, because they didn't get permission in Norway due to the wildlife?
    I think the lack of snow in that pic might further the theory that the scene being filmed in Swinley forest right now is a return to the Norway cabin. This return can take place at a different time of year where there's no snow on the ground.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Interesting developments.

That rainbow coat. It screams 80s-90s and thus flashback.
    edited August 2019 Posts: 7,969
    Yes, there coat looks like something my sister would've worn back in the day. I like a bit of 90's nostalgia cool to see them revisit that era, if only for a scene. it certainly seems like there will be a focus of Madelines backstory, which is interesting. Perhaps she is the reason that Bond is pulled back out of retirement.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited August 2019 Posts: 4,343

Lol what are you talking about? Following this pattern you'd have:

MGM logo ---> Gunbarell ---> Prologue in Norway + PTS (for example, Madeleine wakes up in Matera after having a bad dream about a masked man terrorizing her on a lake, you don't need a subtitle explaining SHE was the young girl) --> Titles --> Bond is in Jamaica spending his time, meets Felix, quick bit about Madeleine or whatever pointing out the time jump. There are tons of ways to avoid the "X YEARS LATER" subtitle.

BTW, since Bond movies always have "location" subtitles, would've been such a drama having "Jamaica, 5 years later" instead of "Jamaica". I don't think so.
    I really think we are in for a great Bond film, tho we said that about Spectre too before we saw it. But with Bond 25 I feel its different
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    I really think we are in for a great Bond film, tho we said that about Spectre too before we saw it. But with Bond 25 I feel its different
    I agree. EON regularly strikes gold after a less critically successful entry.
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine

Rami in London. After finishing work on Mr. Robot he'll probably return to Bond filming.