The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• edited August 2019 Posts: 17,241

How are the teams looking, everyone? All set for gameweek 1, or are there still some spots to decide on? :-)

Looking at my team now, not happy with the midfield also having Kane, Sterling and Salah is proving problematic

Edited: Just changed six players :))

I am researching Cellabos he looks a bit like Ramsey in looks and the way he plays bizarrely... Arsenal opening fixtures look tricky though your lot are likely to score goals even if you lose

P. S. On the app it says Week 1 deadline is 1900 on Friday 9th...

I can't find a way to have three premium options, personally. I've tried, but it will affect the rest of the squad. That being said, I'm not happy with my team yet and I may still consider three premiums (Salah, Sterling + one more).

Ceballos is interesting from a price point of view. Not sure where exactly Emery will want to use him, but I guess we'll know soon enough.

It says 20:00 on desktop for me, but looking at when the Friday night match actually starts, 19:00 (UK time) should be correct. Maybe they've changed the Fantasy site to show local time?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

How are the teams looking, everyone? All set for gameweek 1, or are there still some spots to decide on? :-)

Looking at my team now, not happy with the midfield also having Kane, Sterling and Salah is proving problematic

I am researching Cellabos he looks a bit like Ramsey in looks and the way he plays bizarrely... Arsenal opening fixtures look tricky though your lot are likely to score goals even if you lose

I can't find a way to have three premium options, personally. I've tried, but it will affect the rest of the squad. That being said, I'm not happy with my team yet and I may still consider three premiums (Salah, Sterling + one more).

Ceballos is interesting from a price point of view. Not sure where exactly Emery will want to use him, but I guess we'll know soon enough.

It says 20:00 on desktop for me, but looking at when the Friday night match actually starts, 19:00 (UK time) should be correct. Maybe they've changed the Fantasy site to show local time?

Altered my team again, I agree I have got rid of a third premium player as my defence was too weak. Taking a punt with Cellabos unless I change my mind at the last minute, worried he may be a fringe player

Altered my team again, I agree I have got rid of a third premium player as my defence was too weak. Taking a punt with Cellabos unless I change my mind at the last minute, worried he may be a fringe player

I heard on a podcast that he might have taken a knock during the last friendly, so I'd definitely keep an eye on news. If he's still a doubt and you don't have any way to upgrade, there are a few other 5.5 options to choose from.
    Remember it's Deadline Day, folks! Transfers made by the clubs today might have an impact on the playing time for some players – maybe not in gameweek 1, but possibly long term.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

I heard on a podcast that he might have taken a knock during the last friendly, so I'd definitely keep an eye on news. If he's still a doubt and you don't have any way to upgrade, there are a few other 5.5 options to choose from.

Reverted back to three premium players, taking a gamble on four very cheap players in my team, one should start i hope :)) I like most will probably wild card in week three if four

Reverted back to three premium players, taking a gamble on four very cheap players in my team, one should start i hope :)) I like most will probably wild card in week three if four

If you plan to play them, I'd definitely look at cheap options that are likely to play. You never know; there might be a surprise benching now and then.
    https://www.itv.com/news/update/2019-08-08/manchester-city-confirm-leroy-sane-needs-surgery-on-acl-injury/

Sane to have ACL surgery according to reports, could be out for several months... Mahrez surely likely to feature more for City.
    https://www.itv.com/news/update/2019-08-08/manchester-city-confirm-leroy-sane-needs-surgery-on-acl-injury/

Sane to have ACL surgery according to reports, could be out for several months... Mahrez surely likely to feature more for City.

Bernardo can play in that spot too, I guess.

Bad luck for Sané this. He's a great player.

City will miss Sane despite rumblings of him wanting to move he scored key goals last season, City do have ridiculous depth in there squad

City will miss Sane despite rumblings of him wanting to move he scored key goals last season, City do have ridiculous depth in there squad

Indeed they do. Still think they'll with the league without Sané, but it might be even more of a race this season.
    edited August 2019 Posts: 23,104
    City, Liverpool and Spurs anyone of them can win it. United not strengthening midfield is a mistake, Chelsea are weaker and your team will score loads.

Out of all the teams mentioned I only see Spurs being considerably stronger than they were last season
    City, Liverpool and Spurs anyone of them can win it. United not strengthening midfield is a mistake, Chelsea are weaker and your team will score loads.

Out of all the teams mentioned I only see Spurs being considerably stronger than they were last season

Agree, unless Sp*rs sell Eriksen (which is unlikely), then they'll surely secure that top three spot. It will be interesting to see which options (from all those clubs), that will make an impact FPL wise.

Agree, unless Sp*rs sell Eriksen (which is unlikely), then they'll surely secure that top three spot. It will be interesting to see which options (from all those clubs), that will make an impact FPL wise.

Greenwood and Gomes for United I think will feature more than expected with no replacement for Lukaku coming in, they are both excellent young players I will definitely have one of them in my squad, though with youth comes inconsistency and either could be out of the first team for long periods.

Pepe I will look at later, not convinced he will feature immediately for your team, and Cellabos is another that I have decided to wait and see.

Chelsea limited with transfer ban, Pulisic is the one to watch I think, though again a wait and see for me.

Ndombelle could be signing of the season for Spurs, though not convinced he will deliver good FPL points
    David Luiz I see the deal is completed I think he should start most games for you, a player to ponder perhaps though maybe 6 million is steep now for him?

Chelsea really are light on center backs now, Christianson and Zouma look sure starters

At work tonight so will have a good look at my squad

Greenwood and Gomes for United I think will feature more than expected with no replacement for Lukaku coming in, they are both excellent young players I will definitely have one of them in my squad, though with youth comes inconsistency and either could be out of the first team for long periods.

Pepe I will look at later, not convinced he will feature immediately for your team, and Cellabos is another that I have decided to wait and see.

Chelsea limited with transfer ban, Pulisic is the one to watch I think, though again a wait and see for me.

Ndombelle could be signing of the season for Spurs, though not convinced he will deliver good FPL points

Agree on all points. All of these options can be looked at on a wildcard, for example. It's a bit safer to start the season with players you know from the league.
    David Luiz I see the deal is completed I think he should start most games for you, a player to ponder perhaps though maybe 6 million is steep now for him?

Chelsea really are light on center backs now, Christianson and Zouma look sure starters

At work tonight so will have a good look at my squad

I'd be surprised if Luiz didn't play every game – alongside Sokratis (and Holding potentially, when fit). A sensible signing for Arsenal, but from an FPL point of view, maybe not so much an option.

I'd definitely look at Chelsea for bargains in defence. Whoever starts out of Zouma and Christensen should be a good option – maybe not in GW 1, but soon after.
    I have several FPL videos to watch, guaranteed I will change my squad several times, I am really thinking a premium keeper will be wise this time, Alison would be great though limits doubling up on Liverpool defence, Ederson not having Kompany is something to consider, though City keep so much possession that in itself protects there defence
  • conradhankersconradhankers Underground
    Right team, I signed up as suggested. Haven't been back since I created a team. So what happens now? And what happens after the first game? Complete novice here. Thank you.
    Right team, I signed up as suggested. Haven't been back since I created a team. So what happens now? And what happens after the first game? Complete novice here. Thank you.

It's only my second season so no expert myself, I found watching FPL videos on YouTube really helped. Sign 15 players from your £100 million budget, most people sign 11 good players and opt for a weak bench. Choose players you feel are likely to score you points by scoring goals, getting assists or keeping clean sheets (Keepers, Defenders and Midfield get bonus points for clean sheets)
    I have several FPL videos to watch, guaranteed I will change my squad several times, I am really thinking a premium keeper will be wise this time, Alison would be great though limits doubling up on Liverpool defence, Ederson not having Kompany is something to consider, though City keep so much possession that in itself protects there defence

I'm in two minds re. premium keepers from gameweek 1. I have a draft including a premium option, and one - slightly more punt-y - without. I'll be doing a lot of back and forth until the deadline!

It's only my second season so no expert myself, I found watching FPL videos on YouTube really helped. Sign 15 players from your £100 million budget, most people sign 11 good players and opt for a weak bench. Choose players you feel are likely to score you points by scoring goals, getting assists or keeping clean sheets (Keepers, Defenders and Midfield get bonus points for clean sheets)

Good and informative write-up by @Fire_and_Ice_Returns here. I'll add that after each gameweek you have one free transfer to use (if you wish), in which you can do changes to your team. You can save up to two transfers, but no more than that. Any additional transfers will take four points away from the gameweek score (a hit, as it's called). Sometimes you might feel the to do additional transfers, but more often than not, it's better to not do any more transfers than necessary. Here's a video covering the basics:

thanks, i've done that, now what happens? do see how the team does and then move players around the next game or week? I'll go have a look.

I'm Dickless Town by the way, what team are you?

thanks, i've done that, now what happens? do see how the team does and then move players around the next game or week? I'll go have a look.

Team Extreme... FPL is from what I have learned take the games as they come, you can try to plan a strategy though players form and injuries and random good assets emerging often throw everything out the window.

Team Extreme... FPL is from what I have learned take the games as they come, you can try to plan a strategy though players form and injuries and random good assets emerging often throw everything out the window.

i suddenly fancy a doner kebab with chilli sauce, onions, salad, no toms, in pitta bread. make it large, no, xtra large. that's dinner sorted tomorrow. nice.

When the gameweek starts, you'll see points awarded for the players you've picked; 1 point for starting/coming on, and depending on how they perform (scoring/assisting/clean sheets, etc.) they'll be awarded additional points. The total sum of points becomes your gameweek score, which will be added to your overall score. The overall score decides your overall ranking at any given time.

After the gameweek and up until next deadline you can choose to do transfers and lineup changes (if you wish), and then it's the same over again.

When the gameweek starts, you'll see points awarded for the players you've picked; 1 point for starting/coming on, and depending on how they perform (scoring/assisting/clean sheets, etc.) they'll be awarded additional points. The total sum of points becomes your gameweek score, which will be added to your overall score. The overall score decides your overall ranking at any given time.

After the gameweek and up until next deadline you can choose to do transfers and lineup changes (if you wish), and then it's the same over again.

Yeet fam, my brudha has brought knowledge, you are lit bro, mandems not roadman no more blud. yeet.
    Anyway @Torgeirtrap I think I'll start with Allison I can't see Norwich scoring at Anfield tomorrow, I may just transfer Allison and Ederson based on runs of fixtures, they will both score enough points

Some details from a few press conferences

Yeet fam, my brudha has brought knowledge, you are lit bro, mandems not roadman no more blud. yeet.

I don't speak slang, so I have no idea what this means, sorry! :))
    Anyway @Torgeirtrap I think I'll start with Allison I can't see Norwich scoring at Anfield tomorrow, I may just transfer Allison and Ederson based on runs of fixtures, they will both score enough points

That could work out perfectly. I have double Liverpool def at the moment too, but it's not something I've decided on yet.

Yeet fam, my brudha has brought knowledge, you are lit bro, mandems not roadman no more blud. yeet.[/quote]

Neither do I, just picking up a new linguistic styles from AFTV. Do you get me blud? Do you understand? Mandems are raw fam, raw.

I've changed my team around in several places after yesterday,very happy with it now.
    Nice and balanced.
    As is my SKY FF team as well.

(probably means it will all go tits up !!).

Neither do I, just picking up a new linguistic styles from AFTV. Do you get me blud? Do you understand? Mandems are raw fam, raw.

[/quote]

I don't watch AFTV, unfortunately! :))
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I've changed my team around in several places after yesterday,very happy with it now.
    Nice and balanced.
    As is my SKY FF team as well.

(probably means it will all go tits up !!).

I envy you! i still have a lot of players to decide on…