The Ben Hope series of books by Scott Mariani

Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
edited November 2015 in General Discussion Posts: 1,874
I'm a great fan of the Ben Hope series of books by Brit author Scott Mariani.

Ben Hope is an ex SAS major who at one time considered a life in the church. After leaving the SAS he set up a facility in France in which he and some like minded individuals rescue kidnap victims and train other in the techniques needed in such situations. He has a fondness for single malt whisky and justice.
These books usually involve an historical element and are bone-crunching, action-filled, page-turning adventures.

Here is a list of his adventures so far

The Alchemist’s Secret
The Mozart Conspiracy
The Doomsday Prophecy
(published in the US as The Hope Vendetta)
The Heretic’s Treasure
The Shadow Project
The Lost Relic
The Sacred Sword
The Armada Legacy
The Nemesis Program
The Forgotten Holocaust
The Martyr’s Curse
The Cassandra Sanction
(January 2016) - and with two more books in 2016 set in Africa.

If find these books to be great reading, full of action, suspense, great characters and locations. And would make a great series of action films.

Any one else read this fantastic books, and if so, what do you think of them?

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Well, I finished The Alchemist's Secret last night. My introduction to the series. And if this is any indication of the series at large, then I think I will enjoy progressing through the books.

I'll be staring The Mozart Conspiracy tonight, and sometime in the next few days, i'll be ordering The Doomsday Prophecy and The Heretics Treasure.

• Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Well, I finished The Alchemist's Secret last night. My introduction to the series. And if this is any indication of the series at large, then I think I will enjoy progressing through the books.

I'll be staring The Mozart Conspiracy tonight, and sometime in the next few days, i'll be ordering The Doomsday Prophecy and The Heretics Treasure.

Really enjoyed The Mozart Conspiracy, must reread sometime. Glad you liked the first Ben Hope, you’ve got a long way to go!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I was looking at the books over on FantasticFiction earlier and it's an impressive output for one author. I didn't even know about House Of War until today.
    I had a quick look at the interview at the back of The Mozart Conspiracy, but stopped before I read any spoilers. Now I can picture Catherine Zeta Jones as Leigh.
    I'm a week behind on The Mozart Conspiracy. I put it on hold while I searched for a copy of The Doomsday Prophecy, turns out that it has gone out of print! I finally managed to track a new copy down on ebay which arrived this morning.

I'm going to try and order the next few books in one go, so I can pick up my pace a bit.
    Finished The Mozart Conspiracy last night.
    That ending was OHMSS levels of sadness. Jack Glass, what a nasty piece of work, but what a memorable death. Did Christopher McQuarrie read The Mozart Conspiracy before writing MI Fallout? As I swear, the character played by Henry Cavill suffered a fate reminiscent of Glass. Not the hook to the face, but being horribly disfigured.

Do you know who I am starting to imagine in my mind as Ben? Tom Felton.