No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Seems like they could use a real old hotel, though, doesn't it? ;)
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Seems like they could use a real old hotel, though, doesn't it? ;)

Yeah, but looking at the view from those 'windows' it does make sense why they go through all that trouble. Then again, that info could easily be false or misleading. Pinch of salt as always.

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I like salt and carry a full canister of it in my backpack, especially when plowing through Bond swamps. B-)
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    KOP wrote: »
    JamesCraig wrote: »

Again I ask thee: is cloning "dangerous technology that the world has never seen"?

I'm reading Some Kind of Hero at the moment. Apparently one of Wade and Purvis's plot ideas for TWINE was "a genetically targeted virus that would kill one in ten people".

That's all? There are pathogens out there with a better kill rate than that. The CDC seeing TWINE with that plot device:

giphy.gif
    I hope that now in August or September they reveal the title with a teaser poster. And for October publish the first teaser trailer.

;)
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Love the idea for the title and trailer reveal :)

I'm hoping they just stick to a teaser trailer, a main trailer and then that's it.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Apparently, Dr. Vogel is returning.
    Remington wrote: »

IIRC, her part in SP was cut down considerably from script to final version.
    This is certainly interesting, meaning SPECTRE has a larger part than first expected. Maybe she'll pull an Irma Bunt on Swann?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    What's the source on that?
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited August 2019 Posts: 2,630
    jake24 wrote: »

MI6 just reported on it.

https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond-25-spectre-cast-member-returning?id=04541
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    jake24 wrote: »

MI6 just reported on it.

https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond-25-spectre-cast-member-returning?id=04541
    Just saw that, thanks.
    Woohoo, more SP connections.

Seriously though, this erases any doubt that SPECTRE will be the main threat again. Hopefully better used.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I’ve never given it enough thought to come up with an option, but is it possible that the “ Brofeld” storyline can be acceptably retconned?
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited August 2019 Posts: 3,126
    Yep this is the SPECTRE redo I was anticipating everything is coming together.
    Well, it’s gonna have to be good. It’s hard to make a follow up film that’s as positively received as say CR or SF.
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    You think they’re trying to remake spectre but just improved?
    talos7 wrote: »
    I’ve never given it enough thought to come up with an option, but is it possible that the “ Brofeld” storyline can be acceptably retconned?

No.
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Well, it’s gonna have to be good. It’s hard to make a follow up film that’s as positively received as say CR or SF.

Even harder to make a well-received follow up to a bad film that most would prefer to forget. I still don’t think bond 25 will be that.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited August 2019 Posts: 5,834
    I don't think "Bro-feld" will be retconned but I do feel they're really gonna play it down. The main thing is that it won't be a major motivation in the film.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I don't think "Bro-feld" will be retconned but I do feel they're really gonna play it down. The main thing is that it won't be a major motivation in the film.

This^^. There's really no reason to bring it up. Bond was already calling Oberhauser Blofeld by the end.
    If eon and Boyle both compromised we’d be in such a different place now. I’m starting to think Eon was simply forced to go with a spectre sequel after Boyle walked. Purvis and wade handed it in December 2016 -February 2017, eon knew it was meh and wouldn’t fly after spectres tepid reception. So they lure Craig back with something different , that goes awry and falls through, and you got Craig committed already so they heavily rework and polish up what was already a final draft of a spectre sequel. Craig might pull it together for this last film but there’s no denying he looked like he wanted no part of that April press event
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »

No.
    Tuck91 wrote: »

Even harder to make a well-received follow up to a bad film that most would prefer to forget. I still don’t think bond 25 will be that.
    Define “most”
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Dr. Vogel was a mole, it seems. If you go back to the initial teaser for SP, I believe we see her in the offices at MI6 (a scene that was cut):

25-second mark:

boldfinger wrote: »
    I think each project Cary does is a bit different than the others, no?
    I do expect beautiful, stunning, thought provoking visuals in Bond 25.
    Based on what? Which of CF´s previous projects had beautiful, stunning, thought provoking visuals? And what on earth are thought provoking visuals anyway?

This is a loaded question, in that you're prepared to dismiss any examples given; but since you asked, Jane Eyre is gorgeous and the cinematography is a vital element in the telling of the story and defining the characters. addressing the cinematography, one review said "Also The Best. It feels like it plays a leading role and elevates other elements that are lacking."
    Thanks @talos7. Why should I dismiss it? It was a serious question. I haven´t seen Jane Eyre yet. I´ve seen season 1 of True Detective, BonN, and maybe one third of Maniac. Maniac I didn´t find particularly fascinating in the visual department. True Detective had beautiful location shots throughout, and overall I find the show on the whole very captivating, but there was also a lot I wouldn´t call visually stunning. BonN was no doubt beautiful, perhaps it would be the closest to what would inspire the term stunning.
    I don´t think a film has to be extraordinarily stunning visually to rock my boat. But nonetheless I love to be stunned by visuals. Based purely on the locations, the last film should have been truly gorgeous. Hence I´m a bit careful with predictions of this kind, even though I strongly believe that Mendes was an exception in that he is by far the only Bond director to whose approach of filmmaking I utterly fail to connect.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

Nope. It’s not a redo. Simply, makes perfect sense for the organization to return, since in SP there wasn’t time to dive further into their plans. SP was the demise of Blofeld, non the organization (even if was ended up not only damaged but exposed, which for them is even worse).

The notion of SP - especially Brofeld - being retconned is just fanboys dreams that won’t ever happen in this continuity. Let’s move on people, 4 years has passed.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Bentley007 wrote: »
    Has anyone suggested Genetic Property of a Lady as a title? I have read through so many variations in the last few days, so I apologize if its already been mentioned

Drop the 'genetic' and go with The Property Of A Lady.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    matt_u wrote: »

Nope. It’s not a redo. Simply, makes perfect sense for the organization to return, since in SP there wasn’t time to dive further into their plans. SP was the demise of Blofeld, non the organization (even if was ended up not only damaged but exposed, which for them is even worse).

The notion of SP - especially Brofeld - being retconned is just fanboys dreams that won’t ever happen in this continuity. Let’s move on people, 4 years has passed.

Thanks Matt. ^:)^

She'll probably working for Malek's character or something.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 53
    Agreed. Less of a retcon and more of a continuation. If that happens to tie up any loose ends or twists on details we already had then so be it. But I don't believe the entire premise of Bond 25 would be to wipe Bond 24 out of existence.

And also intriquing that Dr Vogel is returning, naturally though its likely a Doctor would have a role to play in developing a dangerous new technology? So has she skipped Spectre and joined Malek with info she stole from the organisation (Thus the neccesity of a Blofeld cameo to inform us of what the good doctor had in mind? Only telling Bond as in in twisted way he wants Bond to be involved in annilihating one of his "traitors" ) or is Malek a Spectre prodigy? Interesting.
    Certainly this is an intriguing notion, perhaps Dr Vogel is part of Malek' scheme? What seems clear from this news is that Malek is part of SPECTRE. Which I don't hate.....even though the 2015 film was a disappointment, the organisation itself is iconic and shouldn't go away.

I think it's a nice bit of continuity for the super-fans (in fact, it's very akin to Marvel, who love bringing back characters for cameos). Though, I think Dr Vogel was hardly a 'character' in SP, so it probably won't be a huge point that she has returned. It's basically a nice Easter Egg that is destined to be included in the IMDB trivia section .

She is a very stern and officious woman though...........but Brigitte Millar is hardly a name to be excited about. Personally, I think Marc Zinga was more memorable!

latest?cb=20160809201815

Here is her dialogue:

Dr Vogel: Pharmacy sites have provided an excellent new sales platform. We have adapted many of them into clearinghouses for unapproved drugs. In addition to which, the latest figures show that we presently control 70% of antimalarial vaccines, 34% of H.I.V., and 40% of all oncological drugs across Sub-Saharan Africa.

But we face challenges from the WHO in their campaign against our counterfeit pharmaceuticals. We have now identified the key individuals to target. We expect the same success as we had against the Council on Human Trafficking. Since the board's resignation, we have placed 160,000 migrated females into the leisure sector.

The impending completion of the Global Surveillance initiative will mean our capability is second to none and now is the moment for aggressive expansion. The news is only good...

Blofeld: Don't let me interrupt you.

Dr Vogel: The news is only good. Our increased surveillance capability means government intelligence agencies are easily counteracted. We are winning.

Her speech is almost better than the entire plot of Spectre.

But...........................................all these Spectre connections make me think that we may get the Madeleine flashback. does this mean that Jesper Christensen returns? Perhaps we will even get a young Christoph Waltz flashback? Here he Christensen today:

22605071-bm.jpg

I kinda hope he does come back and we get some de-aging. the Marvel films and Blade Runner 2049 did such an amazing job at this:

1537528260-2.jpg?resize=480:*
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    For the love of God, there won't be a retcon. >:P
    Could you imagine if this were 1979, and we hadn't had a Bond film since TMWTGG?

So no TSWLM, and we're gradually getting news that Britt Ekland would be returning in B10, followed by Hervé Villechaize, Soon Tek Oh , and of course, the ever reliable new Bond regular Clifton James. In addition, rumors abound that the plot might of B10 involve the energy crisis and Solex Agitator, so the film just might be called SOLEX.

That alternate universe is what B25 feels like to me right now.