No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Spectre had 4 almolst 5 action set pieces this film is shaping up to have like only 2. Some action in Cuba/Jamaica and then the finale.

Wrong.
    While it may be better. Bond 25 will likely have less action than spectre

It can be better, it can be worse, it can have more action, it can have a drunken bond dancing in a tutu.

"Wrong" cannot be said until you have seen the movie/read the script.

Wrong again. He was wrong because 25 won't just have two action set pieces. He even forgot about the Matera car chase.

“This guy” happens to be me. Like I said before, I’m not coming up with these crazy stories. I just thought I had to share it what the insider told me, that’s all.

Surely your insider source is getting Barbara and Racheal mixed up?
    It doesn’t make any sense for Weisz to be this involved in the production.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Ryan wrote: »
    If that even is a serious consideration, then why not just give us The Property Of A Lady? It's starting to sound like there might be no better time to use it.
    Maybe it will be, and Genoma of a Woman is their sneaky codename for it to guard against leaks. ;)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Maybe it is "The Property of a Lady" and Genoma of a Woman is a translation.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Or some kind of a working title for the Italian crew? Who knows.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 677
    For me the exact amount of big action sequences doesn't really mean much. What truly matters is how the movie is paced. The movie can have four big action sequences but if the movie comes into a lull in between or is simply boring it doesn't really make a difference. Can the movie keep the same momentum, entertaining dialogue, adrenaline and thrills throughout? I wait to see the movie itself to judge.
    I have heard that filming is taking place in Norway this week....

No, it's all moving to the Isle of Wight this week.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada

Interesting.... thanks for the update Pierce2Daniel. I had a suspicion that with Matera moving back a bit they would try and get some missed time in Norway. Was that first or second unit?
    "All The Time In The World" sounds too straightforward as a Bond title for me.
    It would work well in a self-ironic sense, givent he time they took to make this movie ;-).

KOP wrote: »

Again I ask thee: is cloning "dangerous technology that the world has never seen"?

I'm reading Some Kind of Hero at the moment. Apparently one of Wade and Purvis's plot ideas for TWINE was "a genetically targeted virus that would kill one in ten people".

This is 100% more likely to be the plot over cloning.

I wouldn't be adverse to ALL HE TIME IN THE WORLD. It's a little long and obvious, but heck, it was bound to be used as a Bond title one day, so why not? Especially if the context is fitting.

Though I've been doing some research into genomes and found this (amongst numerous other articles):

The human body is a mosaic of different genomes
    https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-01780-9

This word 'mosaic' keeps coming up in articles concerning genes and genomes. It has a specific context in the DNA sector:

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosaic_(genetics)

In genetics, a mosaic (or mosaicism) means the presence of two different genotypes in an individual which developed from a single fertilized egg. As a result, the individual has two or more genetically different cell lines derived from a single zygote.

230px-Cat_Briciola_with_pretty_and_different_colour_of_eyes.jpg

I think that Mosaic sounds like a terrific title for an espionage film. It's certainly cool and evocative. There's a certain sense of mystery and it fits nicely with the titles of the other Craig films......

Just a bit of harmless speculation......but I think MOSAIC really works as a title.

x51IJTj_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
    Now there you have a good title.

• RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    So we know of a car chase during the PTS, a set piece in Cuba, and the climax. I have a feeling B25 will be shorter than the previous two films.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    How about a longer title to give it a certain unicity? Mosaic of Murder, Murderous Mosaic, something like that.
    No, why ruin it?

So malek is done filming
    No, Malek is clone filming.
  • duke_togoduke_togo france

Murdock wrote: »
    Maybe it is "The Property of a Lady" and Genoma of a Woman is a translation.

i ingenuously think that almost everybody suspect that also...
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    What a wild ride of speculation this is. ;)
    Cloning may well be part of it somehow; I like not knowing how.
    But it's not evil in itself really, as somebody somewhere mentioned.
    So the plot has to involve genetic manipulation/warfare somehow endangering many people or at least targeted heads of state, in my opinion. It think it's good we may get a somewhat layered story, along with Bond's personal life in this one. It's making an intriguing cocktail for me.

For sure, the locations are amazing and I cannot wait to see them on the big screen. This is going to be an eye-popping, beautiful Bond film.
    If Swann questions Blofeld later in the film she can’t be killed in the pts. My guess is the pts is bond and Madeline escaping spectre agents, Madeline leaves bond or is presumed killed , retires in Jamaica looking disheveled and depressed, mi6 sends nomi to Jamaica/Cuba to look into the new tech , same reason Felix and Magnussen are there to get bonds help. Bond trails and seduces Armas possibly gets a glimpse or encounter with malek, but blows the mission. Bond returns to mi6 via visitors pass and gets help to finish the mission in Scotland/ Norway and stop malek from retrieving the child. I think the Madeline look alike kid holds the key to completing the mission.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome

“This guy” happens to be me. Like I said before, I’m not coming up with these crazy stories. I just thought I had to share it what the insider told me, that’s all.

Where did I say something about it being crazy? Thanks for posting all of this.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    I'm confident the title won't be Genome of a Woman. If they plan to reveal the title on a press conference in two months from now - James Bond Day seems an obvious choice - alongside the trailer, why spoil a strong title candidate to some italian member of the crew just like this?

Having said that I'd like a title with "woman" in it. Seems the right movie to do so.
    For sure, the locations are amazing and I cannot wait to see them on the big screen. This is going to be an eye-popping, beautiful Bond film.
    I have a lot of faith in CF, but after the things the last film did with locations I find it very hard to premonition the visual beauty based on the locations.

• JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    boldfinger wrote: »
    I have a lot of faith in CF, but after the things the last film did with locations I find it very hard to premonition the visual beauty based on the locations.

This isn't Rush Hour Spectre.
    I think each project Cary does is a bit different than the others, no?
    I do expect beautiful, stunning, thought provoking visuals in Bond 25.

This isn't Rush Hour Spectre.
    All three Rush Hour films made rather good use of locations!

Based on what? Which of CF´s previous projects had beautiful, stunning, thought provoking visuals? And what on earth are thought provoking visuals anyway?

• Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    Has anyone suggested Genetic Property of a Lady as a title? I have read through so many variations in the last few days, so I apologize if its already been mentioned
    London will likely look a bit different and Jamaica will stand out.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited August 2019 Posts: 7,889
    Based on what? Which of CF´s previous projects had beautiful, stunning, thought provoking visuals? And what on earth are thought provoking visuals anyway?

This is a loaded question, in that you're prepared to dismiss any examples given; but since you asked, Jane Eyre is gorgeous and the cinematography is a vital element in the telling of the story and defining the characters. addressing the cinematography, one review said "Also The Best. It feels like it plays a leading role and elevates other elements that are lacking."

• ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Valhalla

edited August 2019 Posts: 12,459
    Come on now. Thought provoking ... okay, I mean a visual that is stunning or adds depth to the story. Film noir for example. I think Cary is a good storyteller with an eye for good visuals. Bond 25 with him working with Linus looks to be excellent.

And True Detective, first season, was visually impressive. So he has it within him to deliver a highly enjoyable Bond film from the perspective of cinematography that stands out and helps enrich the story.
    This is fresh crisp new info? At least I haven't seen anything of this here yet from @marketto007

October, okay then.
    I'll eat any hat you want if it's called A Property Of A Lady (in English). ;)

Old photo by now but this might explain what they are building. From some dude on instagram:

"Photos and video of a building being built for #B25 in Matera, Italy have appeared online via Sassilive.it The building is said to form the exterior of a hotel during the Pre-title sequence, other filming locations nearby include Murgia and Gravina in Puglia, shooting to begin mid August, Daniel Craig on location sometime in September"

Or is that old news on this forum? I mean, you guys are usually pretty fast picking up the latest minor detail..