I've never noticed that before...

Comments

• ProfJoeButcherProfJoeButcher Bless your heart
    Watched Licence to Kill last night. The first half hour of that film has a couple of badly designed sets, and for the first time I noticed that if his office is to be believed, Felix Leiter is a passionate fan of at least three different Major League Baseball teams! :))
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    edited June 2019 Posts: 6,716
    For those who might not be familiar with the original mix of 007 and Counting, it's here on one of those automatic YouTube uploads (from some random album, for some reason).

Compare the reverb of the brass to the 2003 version:

I prefer the older mix. The reverb fits the vastness of space (even if sound can't travel in the vacuum!). Though of course the 2003 album has its own appeal, even beyond the previously unreleased music. The title song has a much more detailed mix.

---

As an aside, I'd like to say that I didn't really know where the hell to post this. We could really use some catch-all threads to consolidate certain topics related to Bond music, in the style of "Comments while you watch" or "Tell us all about your BONDATHON". We could have the following threads and I think the most frequent topics would be covered:

-Reviews and analyses of the scores
    -Score and composer rankings
    -Concerts and events
    -Cover versions of the songs and film cues
    -Unreleased music
    -Fan creations
    -A thread for each Bond composer, to discuss their careers
    -Complaints about the GoldenEye score

Some of these subjects already have threads (like @Murdock's unreleased music thread), but some don't have one dedicated thread, and it's kind of messy.

Just a thought.
    I didn't realise but,on the opening credits of 'The Protectors' they show clips of the series etc,but 2 of the clips are from Bond films : the helicopter flying over the flower truck driven by Bond in FRWL ,and Domino swimming under the sea in TB....weird.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    I've seen CR many times but on a recent watch i noticed that wonderfully old fashioned moment where the camera lingers on Vesper then slowly fades out.

It's the bit where she tastes Bonds vodka/martini at the poker game, she has a devilish little smile just before we fade out.

• MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    The sound made by Stacey's Apple Computer in AVTAK is the same sound the nuclear globe map makes in TSWLM when they're tracking the middles between the submarines.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    In the MR PTS, after the pilot shoots out the controls, we see the female flight attendant also pulling on a parachute.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    echo wrote: »
    In the MR PTS, after the pilot shoots out the controls, we see the female flight attendant also pulling on a parachute.

Every time I see the MR PTS I always ask:"where does she go!?". I assume that she is the first (or last) one out, but we never see her actually exit the plane. BTW: where was JAWS hiding in that plane? Its very small!!!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Dwayne wrote: »

Every time I see the MR PTS I always ask:"where does she go!?". I assume that she is the first (or last) one out, but we never see her actually exit the plane. BTW: where was JAWS hiding in that plane? Its very small!!!

You can see his leg in the cockpit when the parachute guy comes out and says "This is where we leave you Mr. Bond."
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Before SPECTRE starts does one of those clouds in the Columbia pictures logo resemble a skull or am I just pissed....?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Before SPECTRE starts does one of those clouds in the Columbia pictures logo resemble a skull or am I just pissed....?
    Where are you looking? I see a face with nose and mouth right next to her right side, but no skull.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    edited July 2019 Posts: 6,716
    Murdock wrote: »
    Dwayne wrote: »

You can see his leg in the cockpit when the parachute guy comes out and says "This is where we leave you Mr. Bond."

Bond really should personally check the crew of any aircraft he gets into before takeoff. Once he makes sure there is no danger he can actually get into touching legs. Though wait, not even that is safe.
    Just realized that with the news of Waltz returning for B25, each of the fifth films for actors (YOLT, FYEO, and B25) all feature Blofeld in some capacity.
    @FoxRox Good catch!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Yes, good one. Cool tradition.
    Though the quality of the Blofelds seems to decline with each reiteration.
    The same wall clock appears on board Goldfinger's private jet in GF and at Shrublands in TB:
    vB8SBHl.png
    pfROyUG.png
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    The same wall clock appears on board Goldfinger's private jet in GF and at Shrublands in TB:
    vB8SBHl.png
    pfROyUG.png

Nice work.
    TripAces wrote: »
    vB8SBHl.png
    pfROyUG.png

Nice work.

There are a few more of these, but I need to take some screenshots before I post them.
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    TripAces wrote: »
    vB8SBHl.png
    pfROyUG.png

Nice work.

There are a few more of these, but I need to take some screenshots before I post them.
    Looking forward to it, great stuff.
    Good catch, @Torgeirtrap . There are bound to be many of these, as their prop collection can t be infinitely huge. Makes sense to reuse much of it.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 17,272
    Good catch, @Torgeirtrap . There are bound to be many of these, as their prop collection can t be infinitely huge. Makes sense to reuse much of it.
    @Thunderfinger There are examples where the same items are used in different parts of the same film too (DN, for example).

Blofeld's taste of art doesn't change between OHMSS and DAF:
    vd7Wibo.png
    KXf1StV.png
    5Zkyauv.png
    Another good catch. A reference to YOLT, no doubt.
    Another good catch. A reference to YOLT, no doubt.

How so?
    It s the Japanese flag.
    It s the Japanese flag.

Never thought about those circles in that way before. Good point!
    Thundy: "What do you see?"

Torg: "A bloody big dot."
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Speaking of using the same decor, has anyone ever verified if Octopussy's chandelier is the same as the one used for Stacey's house?
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 17,272
    QBranch wrote: »
    Thundy: "What do you see?"

Torg: "A bloody big dot."

Quite!

I've never thought of those dots resembling the Japanese flag, because I've always just focused on the gradient effects you see in the dots.

There was also a lot of use of circular patterns and such back then; Bond's kitchen in LALD, for example:

cb677fb329c1cf144a33cc5441d6aff8.png
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Speaking of using the same decor, has anyone ever verified if Octopussy's chandelier is the same as the one used for Stacey's house?

They do look very similar, screencaps I've found are not conclusive. Need to view both scenes again to get a better look.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    @Thunderfinger There are examples where the same items are used in different parts of the same film too (DN, for example).

Blofeld's taste of art doesn't change between OHMSS and DAF:
    vd7Wibo.png
    KXf1StV.png
    5Zkyauv.png

The hilarious thing about this is that the original artwork would have exploded in Piz Gloria. Then Blofeld would have had to have ordered the artwork again and shipped to Baja California to be placed aboard the oil rig. Or did Willard Whyte and Blofeld share the same taste in art.