No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• DarthDimi wrote: »
    Thanks, @Univex.

Seriously, the ungratefulness with which some here continue to approach EON, disgruntled as they are over the fact that EON refuses to satisfy their petty little needs, makes me realize there's a true Bond fan and then there's the byproduct of our consumer society, masquerading as a Bond fan.

There's a lovely BluRay box sitting a few feet from me, containing over half a century of James Bond magic. Like a kid in a candy store, I can choose something else every day if I want to, for nearly a whole month! I can live and relive the glorious sixties, the experimental seventies, the interesting eighties, the explosive nineties and the new era Bonds as often as I want. How, in one's right mind, can one complain?

And then you hear the following nonsense, every . single . day! "I want a poster!" "I want a trailer!" "Not even a title?" "Fire Barbara Broccoli 'cause what does she know?" "We want Poldark for Bond!" "The PC people have taken over Bond!" "So, who should be Bond for Bond 26?" ... What is wrong with these people? If anything, they're no genuine Bond fans.

A genuine Bond fan looks back on what we have with pride and looks forward to what we will be getting next, when it's ready. The Bond zombies, by contrast, are like shopping-mall drones, hungry for product, measuring the quality of their lives by the sheer volume of stuff they get access to on a daily basis. Their love for the series is limited to being the first one to get the latest bits, only to overanalyse and deliberately criticise it, and then post ridiculous YouTubes made by even more self-indulgent creeps who believe they are doing us all a service by sucking the fun out of the anticipation of a new film. I'm seriously sick of all these "this is what we can conclude from the trailer and why this film will be bad" 20-minute rants from nobodies hoping to score some internet likes. Who watches that crap? Yes, people who can't think for themselves, who rather hijack someone else's opinion and go with that flow, which, of course, requires less cerebral effort than to contemplate something without outside help.

Need we then be surprised that it's negative everything all the time from some people? As cultists slavishly following self-appointed internet journalists, they have adopted the worst attitude of all: the notion that constant nagging, complaining and criticising somehow suggests intelligent thinking--who wants to read positive things anyway? But I'd love to challenge these people to put together a Bond film themselves. I'd love to go south on their efforts. Honestly, reading some ideas that people have here for a decent Bond script, I don't know whether to laugh or cry. But I do know that it's for the best that most of these jokers will never get near a serious Bond production. And still, they suggest, in their undying arrogance, that Barbara Broccoli is incompetent and should be fired...

Anyway, this was my rant for the day. ;-)

GREAT RANT!!!! OUTSTANDING!!!!!!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Nice one @DarthDimi, looks like we both had a rant in us today haha :D
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited August 2019 Posts: 3,126
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Thanks, @Univex.

Seriously, the ungratefulness with which some here continue to approach EON, disgruntled as they are over the fact that EON refuses to satisfy their petty little needs, makes me realize there's a true Bond fan and then there's the byproduct of our consumer society, masquerading as a Bond fan.

There's a lovely BluRay box sitting a few feet from me, containing over half a century of James Bond magic. Like a kid in a candy store, I can choose something else every day if I want to, for nearly a whole month! I can live and relive the glorious sixties, the experimental seventies, the interesting eighties, the explosive nineties and the new era Bonds as often as I want. How, in one's right mind, can one complain?

And then you hear the following nonsense, every . single . day! "I want a poster!" "I want a trailer!" "Not even a title?" "Fire Barbara Broccoli 'cause what does she know?" "We want Poldark for Bond!" "The PC people have taken over Bond!" "So, who should be Bond for Bond 26?" ... What is wrong with these people? If anything, they're no genuine Bond fans.

A genuine Bond fan looks back on what we have with pride and looks forward to what we will be getting next, when it's ready. The Bond zombies, by contrast, are like shopping-mall drones, hungry for product, measuring the quality of their lives by the sheer volume of stuff they get access to on a daily basis. Their love for the series is limited to being the first one to get the latest bits, only to overanalyse and deliberately criticise it, and then post ridiculous YouTubes made by even more self-indulgent creeps who believe they are doing us all a service by sucking the fun out of the anticipation of a new film. I'm seriously sick of all these "this is what we can conclude from the trailer and why this film will be bad" 20-minute rants from nobodies hoping to score some internet likes. Who watches that crap? Yes, people who can't think for themselves, who rather hijack someone else's opinion and go with that flow, which, of course, requires less cerebral effort than to contemplate something without outside help.

Need we then be surprised that it's negative everything all the time from some people? As cultists slavishly following self-appointed internet journalists, they have adopted the worst attitude of all: the notion that constant nagging, complaining and criticising somehow suggests intelligent thinking--who wants to read positive things anyway? But I'd love to challenge these people to put together a Bond film themselves. I'd love to go south on their efforts. Honestly, reading some ideas that people have here for a decent Bond script, I don't know whether to laugh or cry. But I do know that it's for the best that most of these jokers will never get near a serious Bond production. And still, they suggest, in their undying arrogance, that Barbara Broccoli is incompetent and should be fired...

@DarthDimi so I'm not a true fan for just viewing it and move on probably I shouldn't have viewed it but I like his humor but I don't know probably shouldn't have viewed it to be honest. I thought this was moved to a different thread.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @007Blofeld
    I didn't have you in mind, friend, not at all. You'll see what I mean in a few weeks/months, when this place gets flooded with just links to YouTube posts. Just that, It comes with an unwritten imperative: watch this and agree with this. Terrible. Wait for it. You weren't here when SF and SP were released... Oh my. It can be a war zone!
    @007Blofeld
    I didn't have you in mind, friend, not at all. You'll see what I mean in a few weeks/months, when this place gets flooded with just links to YouTube posts. Just that, It comes with an unwritten imperative: watch this and agree with this. Terrible. Wait for it. You weren't here when SF and SP were released... Oh my. It can be a war zone!

@DarthDimi ok ;) I definitely get you man I don't want this franchise to have World War 3 we already had the civil war and that was bad enough.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Well, consider this thread for a moment. We've had these "timeline of production" threads for the last couple of films, always introduced with the best of intentions: to collect all the little steps taken towards the finished film as some kind of reference thread. Yet, within seconds of someone posting a new update, the place turns crimson with blood like the Overlook Hotel. Of course, on a forum, comments are more than welcome, but I think it's nevertheless funny that these civil wars as you call them keep happening and happening, no matter what we do. You just wait until the film is released. I bet we'll have dual threads again: one thread for those who like the film and one for those who don't like the film. And guess what, both sides will not stay in their camp.
    FredJB007 wrote: »
    Thanks, @Univex.

GREAT RANT!!!! OUTSTANDING!!!!!!

Well said! Right on the mark.
    Well, consider this thread for a moment. We've had these "timeline of production" threads for the last couple of films, always introduced with the best of intentions: to collect all the little steps taken towards the finished film as some kind of reference thread. Yet, within seconds of someone posting a new update, the place turns crimson with blood like the Overlook Hotel. Of course, on a forum, comments are more than welcome, but I think it's nevertheless funny that these civil wars as you call them keep happening and happening, no matter what we do. You just wait until the film is released. I bet we'll have dual threads again: one thread for those who like the film and one for those who don't like the film. And guess what, both sides will not stay in their camp.

@DarthDimi peace and dialogue always work better then war that's detente comrade ;) (had to squeeze that in)
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited August 2019 Posts: 4,548
    bondsum wrote: »
    Another video from HaphazardStuff. I can't say I don't share his pessimism or total indifference to B25 so far...

You know that James Bond (and 007 and Bond 25 and EON) are still important when some You Tuber makes a 45-minute-long edited video, to analyze a film that is still seven months away from being released. (How long do you think this thing took him????)

That is my takeaway. LOL

We live in a Culture of Complaint. Both sides of the Atlantic. And that's the sad fact.

Most of us love Bond, and that generally means all things Bond. Sure, I can do without a Tarzan yell and a Beach Boys song and a double-taking pigeon, but overall: if it's Bond, I am into it. I love Bond because...well, as Largo put it..."Because he is Bond!"

Red_Snow wrote: »
    Second ‘Peeping Tom’ on James Bond set slides camera under toilet door to film woman
    https://thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/9636349/second-perv-james-bond-set/
    The clapperboard guy is being held for questioning! :-)

48443179771_ed57255451_o.jpg

antovolk wrote: »
    Apparently...a concert scene is being filmed in Matera...loads of extras

Nope.

There was a live opera performance of Cavalleria Rusticana in the streets of Matera tonight. These people are not extras, but attendants at the opera. Filming does not begin till mid-August. This is a false alarm.

Thanks! So I guess either they were filming bits of that opera for B25 or my friend there was mistaken thinking that it was for Bond. :P
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Why is there suddenly the idea that those who criticise EON and the current production have somehow been Bond fans for less time, or not at all. We all grew up watching the movies just as you did, we read the books just as you did, we collect some of the merchanise just as you do. So what is it that seperates us? It seems the only difference is that one side will defend EON through thick and thin, and the other won't. Like because we aren't flag waving for Barbara and Micheal, we aren't fan "enough". Is that really what defines someone as a fan, blind loyalty?

Are there not Star Trek fans who despise the current shows and movies and yearn for something closer to the older shows.

Are there not Star Wars fans who hate the prequels, and even the Disney movies, but still cherish the Original Trilogy.

What is wrong with being apprehensive, or dare I say pessimistic about an upcoming installement if its how you truly feel? Why does being a fan mean plastering a smile on your face, or convincing yourself, against your better judgement, that everything is fine. If I use my own instincts after close to 20 years of consuming Bond material avidly through many forms of media, and draw the conclusion the new movie is in a bad spot, then I should be able to hold and express that opinion, without having my fandom called into question. At the end of the day, my loyalty is to the character, not the people who hold the license to him. I think its ridiculoud that Haphazardstuff is suddenly treated like a outcast, and not a "true" fan, after providing a decade of high quality videos on the series, completely free of charge, just because he gets less than stellar vibes from what they have in store for us with Bond 25. The attitude around here shocks me lately, it really does. Bond fans SO fast to turn around and call other Bond fans sexist and racists at the drop of a hat. Basically any decision EON makes anymore cannot be questioned, for any reason, or you are a zombie only interested in product, or morally defficient, or "not a fan".

I realise this is not "on topic" but since other members took it upon themselves, I thought I might as well have my own little rant. Lastly I will remain everyone that EON brought this fan frustration upon themselves. It was them who decided to wait four years to get going on Bond 25, without giving any reason or even communicating what was going on and just being straight with us. Only to then follow it up by not one but two delays, which they stated thwy were "thrilled" to announce, again with no explaination. Compounding this, the decision to hand over the 007 moniker to another agent. So all those who have been screaming out for a simple standalone mission for over a decade basically get a polite "up yours".

Now at this point I know many will be saying, "but EON don't have any obligation to us, we're just a tiny community of online fans, its not there job to care about what we have to say." Ah yes, this old chestnut. Ofcourse, WE'RE the ones with the obligations be supportive, EON are just there to make films which make money. Sorry, but to me this is just more of the twisted mindset many fans have fallen victim to in modern times, especially with Bond 25. To me the least a creatice team can do is listen to what the fans are saying and be mindful of it. There are absolutely dangers of following what the fans want too much, and blatant fan service rarely works IMO. But its not to much to expect that EON atleast demonstrate an awareness of the communitys fears ands wants, even if they elect to subvert them. Theres nothing worse than a creator which does not acknowldge the fandoms existence, as EON hasn't the past months, and again why they bring the wrath upon themselves. No, no Bond fan expects EON to bow to there every whim. What some Bond fans do expect is a baseline level of courtesy to be keep informed in a forthright manner. If your one of the Bond fans which "loves it" that EON isn't teling you anything and "couldn't care less" whether there is a title reveal next week or next year, then more power to you. But just because you feel that way doesn't mean the rest of us have to agree, and it certainly doesn't mean were "not real fans" if we don't.

Ok, rant over. I tried to be civil, but have to get that off my chest, as I am appalled by how some long-standing Bond fans are being attacked for stating their honest opinions about the franchise and Bond 25.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Matera is warming... and yes, they are already filming, like @antovolk well said. (Thanks for the alert).

GzlkEca.jpg
    That is a great Foto. Makes me want to stand on that stage and look over the town. Well, at least once the stage is finished.
  • Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Matera is warming... and yes, they are already filming, like @antovolk well said. (Thanks for the alert).

GzlkEca.jpg

Holy sh#t this looks epic!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    On haphazards video, this comment did give me a chuckle:

Bond 25: The Fallout 76 of the James Bond series

That's the second time lately, I have understood a reference.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    @marketto007 come on, man!! Spill it! (following you on twitter, not leaving your twitter thread right now either ...) B-)
    HaphazardStuff needs to jump in a cold lake and have his camera taken away for a month until Bond 25 hits the theatres. Yeah, that should do it. He doesn't like women much. Or Fleming. Or Bond, in my opinion.

I find him utterly overrated myself.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Another angle:

Might be wishful thinking on my part but could this be a second location: There's a big crane but even more interesting on the right side of that crane: four windows covered with green shades. Could that be green screens or is it just some shades? Similiar shades in the middle of the pic but those four doesnt look like green screens.

That crane can also be seen in the far distance from the steel thing they are building.

You all might also wanna bookmark #matera on instagram. I'm sure people/locals/tourists gonna post production pics & videos when it all starts.

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/matera/

edited August 2019 Posts: 12,459
    "Trust at your own will " eh, @marketto007 ? ;) Thanks and now get on here and do your own post on this. I'll give you a few minutes ...

I think some items will prove to be true. That possible title, though ... hmmm!
    I personally hope the title song artist is not true. Sigh. But I can live with it. I like the 2nd choice listed much better (though surprising to me).

To be honest, I'm able to skip over possible plot info. I'll try to keep myself away from that. Great you know somebody in Italy, though.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited August 2019 Posts: 3,277
    Exclusive BOND 25 news direct from Italy. It’s all from a source, who proves himself to be an insider. So trust at your own will.
    - Italian Locations for now are: Matera, Craco, Riva dei Ginepri and Maratea, in the Basillicata region;
    - They recently tested the Aston Martin Valhalla in Via Madonna dell'Idris, in Matera;
    - A large cemetery is being built in Murgia;
    - The production are testing some filming in Gravina;
    - The current casting are just for children, “because the history start with many children”;
    - Part of the crew are already in Matera;
    - The production is facing some Story and Locations problems;
    - Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz are rooting for Ed Sheeran for title theme, but producers are still thinking about;
    - STING is also being considered for title-theme;
    - Phoebe Waller-Bridge has a great story for the humanity;
    - Story starts in Matera with a “liaison” (french term) among many children and the - DNA of a Genoma woman;
    - In the beginning of the movie, a lot of children are in danger because of the villain;
    - The story talks about a Genoma of a woman based on the DNA of Madeleine Swann;
    - Titles being considered: WOMAN GENOMA or GENOMA OF A WOMAN. It’s all in elaboration. Waiting for BB/MGW final approval;
    - Phoebe Waller-Bridge is always in talks with Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz;
    - Every decision is taken by Daniel Craig;
    - During a meeting, the probably title “Genoma of a Woman”, that Daniel likes very much, has been dropped off by producers.
    - THE CAR CHASE WITH THE VALHALLA - Part I: Sets are being constructed under Palazzo Lanfranchi for the car chase. At great speed, the chase starts in Piazza San Francesco and goes along Via Bruno Buozzi and Via Casalnuovo. All the activities have already been locked and warned for their probable closure from August 19 onwards;
    - THE CAR CHASE WITH THE VALHALLA - Part II: Some cars will fly through the stone roofs. Among the cars there are also new Range Rovers. For some scenes, they will use the abandoned railway station in the municipality of Gravina;
    - A huge old pasta factory is also being considered for filming;
    - The filming is locked to start on August 25th to October 15th;
    - Daniel Craig will start filming in Italy in September.
    Thanks, Marcos! I was itching to post your tweet but wanted you to give the info here first.
    Why is there suddenly the idea that those who criticise EON and the current production have somehow been Bond fans for less time, or not at all. We all grew up watching the movies just as you did, we read the books just as you did, we collect some of the merchanise just as you do. So what is it that seperates us? It seems the only difference is that one side will defend EON through thick and thin, and the other won't. Like because we aren't flag waving for Barbara and Micheal, we aren't fan "enough". Is that really what defines someone as a fan, blind loyalty?

Are there not Star Trek fans who despise the current shows and movies and yearn for something closer to the older shows.

Are there not Star Wars fans who hate the prequels, and even the Disney movies, but still cherish the Original Trilogy.

What is wrong with being apprehensive, or dare I say pessimistic about an upcoming installement if its how you truly feel? Why does being a fan mean plastering a smile on your face, or convincing yourself, against your better judgement, that everything is fine. If I use my own instincts after close to 20 years of consuming Bond material avidly through many forms of media, and draw the conclusion the new movie is in a bad spot, then I should be able to hold and express that opinion, without having my fandom called into question. At the end of the day, my loyalty is to the character, not the people who hold the license to him. I think its ridiculoud that Haphazardstuff is suddenly treated like a outcast, and not a "true" fan, after providing a decade of high quality videos on the series, completely free of charge, just because he gets less than stellar vibes from what they have in store for us with Bond 25. The attitude around here shocks me lately, it really does. Bond fans SO fast to turn around and call other Bond fans sexist and racists at the drop of a hat. Basically any decision EON makes anymore cannot be questioned, for any reason, or you are a zombie only interested in product, or morally defficient, or "not a fan".

I realise this is not "on topic" but since other members took it upon themselves, I thought I might as well have my own little rant. Lastly I will remain everyone that EON brought this fan frustration upon themselves. It was them who decided to wait four years to get going on Bond 25, without giving any reason or even communicating what was going on and just being straight with us. Only to then follow it up by not one but two delays, which they stated thwy were "thrilled" to announce, again with no explaination. Compounding this, the decision to hand over the 007 moniker to another agent. So all those who have been screaming out for a simple standalone mission for over a decade basically get a polite "up yours".

Now at this point I know many will be saying, "but EON don't have any obligation to us, we're just a tiny community of online fans, its not there job to care about what we have to say." Ah yes, this old chestnut. Ofcourse, WE'RE the ones with the obligations be supportive, EON are just there to make films which make money. Sorry, but to me this is just more of the twisted mindset many fans have fallen victim to in modern times, especially with Bond 25. To me the least a creatice team can do is listen to what the fans are saying and be mindful of it. There are absolutely dangers of following what the fans want too much, and blatant fan service rarely works IMO. But its not to much to expect that EON atleast demonstrate an awareness of the communitys fears ands wants, even if they elect to subvert them. Theres nothing worse than a creator which does not acknowldge the fandoms existence, as EON hasn't the past months, and again why they bring the wrath upon themselves. No, no Bond fan expects EON to bow to there every whim. What some Bond fans do expect is a baseline level of courtesy to be keep informed in a forthright manner. If your one of the Bond fans which "loves it" that EON isn't teling you anything and "couldn't care less" whether there is a title reveal next week or next year, then more power to you. But just because you feel that way doesn't mean the rest of us have to agree, and it certainly doesn't mean were "not real fans" if we don't.

Ok, rant over. I tried to be civil, but have to get that off my chest, as I am appalled by how some long-standing Bond fans are being attacked for stating their honest opinions about the franchise and Bond 25.

Yeah I do feel the same way a bit I wish we could come together this kind of the civil war I'm talking about.
    Wow - those are some fascinating potential tidbits. I’d love it if Sting got to do the title song! I like the potential titles. Those are some very exciting ideas.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Oh! dear, plenty there to wind up the naysayers, @marketto007 thanks for sharing but I suggest we treat it as rumour at this point.

Interesting as it is though, I'm still not going to take it as gospel.
    The DNA stuff really intrigues me. It’s sounding like we may get something very new but still Bondian which excites me. Not sure how true those rumors are but my curiosity is very high now.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    FoxRox wrote: »
    The DNA stuff really intrigues me. It’s sounding like we may get something very new but still Bondian which excites me. Not sure how true those rumors are but my curiosity is very high now.

Yet another reason to call it
    THE PROPERTY OF A LADY.
    FoxRox wrote: »

Yet another reason to call it
    THE PROPERTY OF A LADY.

I know right? I can still hope!
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Chances of those two titles being the actual title are 0. How can someone believe that?
    Yes, pass the salt. ;)
    However, other tidbits seem quite possible (location stuff).
    Nice he gave us this no matter what.