James Bond Day at the BFI Southbank, Sunday 29th September 2019

Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
in News Posts: 3,099
James Bond Day on the BFI website
Be shaken and stirred as we celebrate these Bond anniversaries, ahead of global James Bond Day.

Join us for a day of 007 as we celebrate the work of producers Albert R ‘Cubby’ Broccoli and Harry Saltzman, who brought Ian Fleming’s James Bond to the big screen. We’re delighted that Aston Martin will be displaying their new On Her Majesty’s Secret Service Aston Martin DBS Superleggera Special Edition, and also a heritage Aston Martin DBS – the same as the model seen in On Her Majesty’s Secret Service (1969) – outside the Light Box entrance in Theatre Avenue from 12noon until 6pm.

Joint ticket offer: all three films for £24, concs £18 (Members pay £3 less). Book in person or by phone from the BFI Box Office (020 7928 3232).
(but no LTK!? Good job I've already seen it this year.)

Comments

Sounds like a great day out to me!!!!! :-bd
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    I've booked to go with a friend. Looking forward to it!
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    I've booked to go with a friend. Looking forward to it!

Fair play to you, but I am very envious! Please let us know how it goes once you have been please? :-bd
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    [Marc Ange Draco voice:] But (Global) James Bond Day is the 5th, @Agent_99.

Looking forward to your report.

cadeau-entreprise-stylo-parker-jotter-acier-stylo-bille_metallise-argent.jpg

Certainly will, @RogueAgent! Hopefully with car photos.

@RichardTheBruce, they do say 'ahead of global James Bond Day' - their schedule for the 5th must have been full!
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Certainly will, @RogueAgent! Hopefully with car photos.

@RichardTheBruce, they do say 'ahead of global James Bond Day' - their schedule for the 5th must have been full!

Excellent! Look forward to hearing your report! B-)
  • Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in swapping a BFI OHMSS screening ticket for a Moonraker screening ticket? In case it needs clarification I have a Moonraker ticket and would like to swap it for a OHMSS ticket.

Thanks in advance
    I wrote up my account of yesterday: https://huskyteer.livejournal.com/649620.html

TL;DR version: I had a great time!
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    @Agent_99 I was there too! Great day - sorry I didn’t say hi, but I didn’t know you were there, and wouldn’t have known who you were even if I did!!! Went with another half-Bond fan who wasn’t a fan of OHMSS and didn’t like George much, but I loved it and like you had to cough up for the signing (how many times was the proverbial taken out of him about his suitcase full of money? I did a quick calculation whilst in the queue, I reckon they weren’t kidding! 😝)

Moonraker is my favourite so loved that, and also a Pierce fan so it was top dollar all the way, but no forward planning on my part meant the lack of time to get any food (and complete lack of anywhere to get food from after Moonraker even if there was time!) caused my stomach was severely rumbling all the way through TWINE. Hopefully the extra bass only added to your enjoyment of the Q boat scene! 👍
    @Agent_99 PS loved reading your account, and annoyed I only got a ‘thanks’ on my signed photo instead of a ‘with love’. Yes I am male but he didn’t even give me the option! 😝
    Thanks for reading, @Max_The_Parrot, and sorry I missed you! We should really sort a London get-together so we all know each other in time for Bond 25...
    @Agent_99 I’ll bring the peanuts! I was kinda hoping there would be a gun-toting midget bringing round bags of peanuts during TWINE! 😝
    I certainly agreed that there should have been an award for those of us who saw all three films. Or at least a survivors' photo, like the Prince Charles do after all-night movie marathons!