The thread for fan-made Bond music

edited July 2019 in Music Posts: 6,682
Here's a remix I did of Bond 77. Many thanks to Rich Douglas, whose James Bond Theme samples he shared in 2011 for remixing were used in this track.

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I love it.
    Glad you enjoyed it, Thundy.

P.S.: FYEO unreleased music coming soon! Fixed volume imbalances, just have to apply noise reduction.
    Hey @mattjoes looking forward to some clean versions of FYEO. I don't suppose you've ever had an attempt at recreating the Goldfinger PTS music where Bonita is dancing. It's probably only about 15 seconds.

The other one I'd love to hear is that MR music that is drowned out by the partygoers. It's a sort of samba version of the MR theme.
  • RoadphillRoadphill United Kingdom
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Here's a remix I did of Bond 77. Many thanks to Rich Douglas, whose James Bond Theme samples he shared in 2011 for remixing were used in this track.

Rich Douglas has done some excellent covers of classic Bond motif's, plus some original ones of his own. Well worth subscribing to his YouTube Channel.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 6,682
    vzok wrote: »
    Hey @mattjoes looking forward to some clean versions of FYEO. I don't suppose you've ever had an attempt at recreating the Goldfinger PTS music where Bonita is dancing. It's probably only about 15 seconds.

The other one I'd love to hear is that MR music that is drowned out by the partygoers. It's a sort of samba version of the MR theme.

@vzok I've got that Goldfinger music. I've got transcripts of all the unreleased music from the film, even the hotel source music. I'm going through them and creating better quality versions.

The music from MR that plays while Bond and Manuela first appear in the alleyway, and when Bond is inside the warehouse, or the piece that plays Jaws holds Manuela in his arms? I've got the former, and the latter is the only missing piece of MR I don't have a transcript of!
    I really like the former. Clearly by Barry.

I could send you MIDI files if you want to listen to them (or basic sounding MP3s), as HQ versions are going to take time.

Roadphill wrote: »

Rich Douglas has done some excellent covers of classic Bond motif's, plus some original ones of his own. Well worth subscribing to his YouTube Channel.
    For clarity's sake, he didn't do that Bond 77 remix, though he did do a very cool rendition of the Bond theme years ago and he shared the audio stems, which I used for that Bond 77 remix (guitar and horns). But not the piano, of course.

I agree about him. My favorite music of his is the 007 theme version he did and the remix of the TWINE gunbarrel theme.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    @mattjoes, I'd love to have those midi's if you don't mind. :)
    Okay, here we have the MR midis. I'll upload the GF ones later.

A couple of notes:
    -Because of the 16 channels MIDI limitation, some instruments in the MIDI files play back incorrectly, sounding like other instruments rather than the ones they are actually meant to be. It's quite listenable, though.
    -Freefall (full ending) features the ending Barry actually recorded for Freefall, which had his usual sustained E minor chord played on strings, rather than the more sudden end after the gunbarrel chords, which is heard in the film. I detected there was more to Freefall than heard in the film by listening to the rear channels of the audio track, and noticing the faint sound of the Em chord on the strings, which can be barely heard before it is of course fully dialed down.
    -The voicing of the chords in the brass section in Arrival at Chateau Drax isn't quite right. It's not too noticeable, though.
    -I'm not sure if I missed anything in Rio Source #3. It might be unfinished.

Link:
    https://www80.zippyshare.com/v/1YcivlJ9/file.html
    Sweet. If you don't mind, I could put them into FL Studio and give them new more realistic sounding instruments and try and get it sounding like the originals if you like. :)
    Sure, go ahead! Just keep in mind I also intend to do this myself with some high-quality virtual instruments.

P.S.: If you don't get certain instruments sounding correctly on FL Studio because of the 16 channel limtation, let me know and I'll see what I can do. (I mean, if you can't tell what the instruments are originally intended to be, as I believe I used some MIDI patch change messages in some MIDIs).
    Looking forward to it. I'll remix a couple of examples and show you my results. If I have any issues, I can make whole new channels to prevent any issues if needed.
    Murdock wrote: »
    Looking forward to it. I'll remix a couple of examples and show you my results. If I have any issues, I can make whole new channels to prevent any issues if needed.

Yes, I'd love to hear them. If yours sound better than what I'm aiming for, I'll just drop my effort and send the files over to you!

Yes, I'd love to hear them. If yours sound better than what I'm aiming for, I'll just drop my effort and send the files over to you!

PM sent. :)
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 4,023
    Okay, here we have the MR midis. I'll upload the GF ones later.

A couple of notes:
    -Because of the 16 channels MIDI limitation, some instruments in the MIDI files play back incorrectly, sounding like other instruments rather than the ones they are actually meant to be. It's quite listenable, though.
    -Freefall (full ending) features the ending Barry actually recorded for Freefall, which had his usual sustained E minor chord played on strings, rather than the more sudden end after the gunbarrel chords, which is heard in the film. I detected there was more to Freefall than heard in the film by listening to the rear channels of the audio track, and noticing the faint sound of the Em chord on the strings, which can be barely heard before it is of course fully dialed down.
    -The voicing of the chords in the brass section in Arrival at Chateau Drax isn't quite right. It's not too noticeable, though.
    -I'm not sure if I missed anything in Rio Source #3. It might be unfinished.

Link:
    https://www80.zippyshare.com/v/1YcivlJ9/file.html

Great, thanks for those. Impressive transcriptions.

The cue I'd always liked, but could barely hear is the part around 0.55 into your Rio Source 1. Thanks a lot for that one.

I'd love to hear those too, if you get a chance.
    vzok wrote: »
    The cue I'd always liked, but could barely hear is the part around 0.55 into your Rio Source 1. Thanks a lot for that one.
    Yes, this is the part I really like. (Haha!)