The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

Can't seem to remember all the details, but I remember logging in after the game launched, and registered my team for the season. All details like team name etc. had to be registered again. As for leagues I think they need to be reregistered, but I think it's a simple thing to do.

I've been thinking of how to improve the thread for next season. Any suggestions? I would really like to keep things interesting, and have as many members as possible not only joining the game, but also participating in the discussion here.

It's good when it's spontaneous discussions, and more the merrier when games are playing and we discuss ongoing events.

Indeed! I'm just wondering if there's any possibilities to keep make interesting as far as content goes. I'll probably be updating the very first post with some more info, links etc, as there's so much content out there worth mentioning (Fantasy Football Scout etc.)

I also did the weekly captaincy picks throughout the season (and weekly league standings, until I forgot updating it), and stuff like that might be worth keep doing. Maybe there's more that can be done for each gameweek?

I will try to think of some idea's, you could have Mr/Mrs FPL each game week. Whoever gets the most points that GW gets the crown

Like a weekly winner thing?

Yeah if anything its a positive thing, I had many bad game weeks and if I got the best score one week I felt like I achieved something

Good point; everyone is likely to get a few high scores, so it might be worth having a gameweek winner thing. Actually, we can have multiple winner competitions: weekly (gameweek) winner, monthly winner and overall winner. In addition we can also have a most gameweeks won winner too, as that might actually end up a different player than the overall winner!

thats a good way to get people more involved

Let's hope so! It might be a bit time consuming, but I might consider making a banner for each gameweek, month, etc., announcing the winner. Just to make something more of the competition. Here's how FPL have done it:

MOTW-GW7.png

That look great I think it will help maintain interest within the mini league

I'll definitely need to simplify it somewhat, making a simple, editable template file. But it could just be a simple background, headline and team name, etc.

I would not over think it you did a great job with the thread last season

Thanks! I'm sure there's plenty of room for improvements though. :-)
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Finally some price reveals!

Fabianski at 5.0 is a bit too much, IMO. Depends on the prices of the other goalkeepers though.

Robertson at 7.0 is as expected. He had a great season, and Liverpool kept a lot of clean sheets. Wonder what price Alexander-Arnold comes at. As they say in the video, TAA at 6.5 would be even more interesting.

Richie as a 5.5 def is really interesting. Depends on who takes the manager position at Newcastle, IMO.

Pereira at 6.0 is too much I feel. At 5.5 maybe, but at the start of the season with the 100m budget, you need all the cash you can get.

Fraser at 7.5 is was probably to be expected after his season, but it’s a difficult price; not really cheap, but not too expensive either. A wait and see for the rest of the midfield prices, but he’s a player I’m considering.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Just watched Fantasy Football Scout video had to go to work, Fraser seems steep not sure if he will do as well this season as last.

Irrespective of prices I have four players I'll definately be getting, one being a premium keeper.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 17,272
    Just watched Fantasy Football Scout video had to go to work, Fraser seems steep not sure if he will do as well this season as last.

Irrespective of prices I have four players I'll definately be getting, one being a premium keeper.

Indeed, Fraser is s a difficult one with his starting price. If funds allow it I might have him in my gameweek 1 squad, but it's not unlikely I'll have to look at cheaper options.

Here's one!

As for premium goalkeepers, that might be the way to go. With Fabianski at 5.0, I won't be surprised if other cheaper options from last season will end up with the same price too. If so, the jump to premium options might be worth to take.
    Ouch! As expected, but still a bit expensive.

Could be worse! 12.5 seems fair enough. Good he wasn't reclassified as a striker.

Wilson price interesting, Jiminez may be also around that price point, that's few players that won't be bargains this time round.

I think Grealish could be a good option, it's really down to whether the rest of Villa team can support him, if I recall he is captain and takes penalties also?
    Indeed. Given their last season, that was expected though.

I just renewed the league from last year, but there was a bug I believe, and I might have done something wrong. If you log in, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, could you check if you've been automatically added to the league?

It's called Back of the net!, just like last season.

As for Grealish, I don't know if he's on penalties, but if he is, that makes him an even better option.

I just renewed the league from last year, but there was a bug I believe, and I might have done something wrong. If you log in, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, could you check if you've been automatically added to the league?

OK will check the app now, been logged in for weeks

OK will check the app now, been logged in for weeks

Great! I think you should be automatically added once you've entered your team again (hopefully).
    The app is useless at the moment, and when I logged onto the website on my phone not much better. When I select FPL Leagues it shows nothing and give me no option to select anything. I will check the site on my pc later
    The app is useless at the moment, and when I logged onto the website on my phone not much better. When I select FPL Leagues it shows nothing and give me no option to select anything. I will check the site on my pc later

Please do! I might have messed up the league renewal a bit. If so, it's really no big deal, but players that joined last season aren't automatically added. In any case I'll post a league code later.

Please do! I might have messed up the league renewal a bit. If so, it's really no big deal, but players that joined last season aren't automatically added. In any case I'll post a league code later.

The mobile versions of the site don't seem to be functioning properly, it's probably just that.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 19,339
    It's not working properly yet.

I made up about a 3rd of my team and then typed in a search for a certain player, and it wiped the team out completely !!

I think I will wait until nearer the time.
    There's definitely some bugs still, but if one of you guys could put up a quick team (Auto Pick, for example), just to see if you're added to the league, that'll be great. :-)
    I've done it.
    It's taken me into all the same leagues as last year,including this one.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I've done it.
    It's taken me into all the same leagues as last year,including this one.

Great, then the bug didn't mess things up! I see we're three players already; hopefully all who played last season will join for the 2019/20 season as well. :-)
    All sorted, now I am going to fret about my team for six weeks :))
    All sorted, now I am going to fret about my team for six weeks :))

We'll all do the same, haha! :))
    I spent 45 minutes picking a provisional team to submit and started researching players from last season :)) I had to keep reminding myself that I can change it.
    I spent 45 minutes picking a provisional team to submit and started researching players from last season :)) I had to keep reminding myself that I can change it.

I've surely spent well over an hour on my team already. I think I've landed a balanced squad, but there are a couple of positions that need strengthening. The transfer window and pre-season form will be a factor too, of course.

Just did a little rewrite of the original post, updating the league code (for new players) and a couple of paragraphs. Did a very quick read through on the official site, and I think the rules are up to date. No Free Hit chip currently under "My Team", but that won't be available to play in gameweek 1 anyway.

I've surely spent well over an hour on my team already. I think I've landed a balanced squad, but there are a couple of positions that need strengthening. The transfer window and pre-season form will be a factor too, of course.

Just did a little rewrite of the original post, updating the league code (for new players) and a couple of paragraphs. Did a very quick read through on the official site, and I think the rules are up to date. No Free Hit chip currently under "My Team", but that won't be available to play in gameweek 1 anyway.

At work shortly though downloaded several FPL YouTube videos to watch/listen too, I am pleasantly surprised by a few prices of players. I was hoping Jota would stay as a midfielder though I will less likely double up with him and Jiminez

At work shortly though downloaded several FPL YouTube videos to watch/listen too, I am pleasantly surprised by a few prices of players. I was hoping Jota would stay as a midfielder though I will less likely double up with him and Jiminez

Not the best run of fixtures for wolves either, though. I might include one Jiménez and Jota in my gameweek 1 squad, but I'm not sure yet.

Not the best run of fixtures for wolves either, though. I might include one Jiménez and Jota in my gameweek 1 squad, but I'm not sure yet.

Jota is in my provisional squad his price is more appealing than Jiminez and I suspect Jota's price may increase more, he is alot younger than I thought so he may deliver a better season than last.

Jota is in my provisional squad his price is more appealing than Jiminez and I suspect Jota's price may increase more, he is alot younger than I thought so he may deliver a better season than last.

If he plays like he did last season, I think he'll get plenty of FPL points, regardless of how Jiménez performs. Remember that the prices are locked until the deadline, so there's no fear of being priced out!
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 17,272
    Had some spare time last night, so I made these league banners to spice up the thread a bit. The first one is just a join our Fantasy league banner (now placed in the original post), and the second is a template for various things; gameweek winner, monthly winner, overall winner and league standings.

The banners are a bit of a rip-off of these seventies football cards, with the current PL colour scheme. What do you think? :-D

(I might change them slightly before the season starts, depending on how they work in use.)

topps1978-pic2.jpg

MUyodmc.jpg
    CaAGuLS.jpg