What is your alma mater and are there any Bondian links to it?

MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
edited July 2018 in General Discussion Posts: 5,080
This is a bit off piste, but I thought it would be interesting to map all the universities and other higher education institutions of our members on here, and to see if your alma mater has any Bond links (such as Bond alumni or other potential links).

For me, I'm currently studying at The University of York, which has two strong Bondian links; the university's library collection of audiovisual materials is named after John Barry, having been born and educated in York ("The John Barry Audiovisual Library" within the library's Fairhurst building).

Anthony Horowitz, Bond continuation novelist, is an alumnus of the university; we both share the same college!

anthony_3.jpg

Comments

• Tokoloshe2Tokoloshe2 Northern Ireland
    Sam Mendes was at my secondary school ten years before me.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    I went to Stanford. MGW is an alum.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    I go to Hennepin Technical College. No Bond links. I'd be very surprised if there was.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    I'm considering going to college sometime this year but I know for a fact there won't be any Bond links.
  • There is a Bond link for every university each one of us has attended, and that Bond link is us.

giphy.gif
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    edited July 2018 Posts: 3,099
    Wow, this, from Wikipedia's list of my boarding-school's fictional alumni, may be the most pathetic connection ever:
    Scarlett Papava (a character in the James Bond novel Devil May Care)

My alma mater can also claim Lady Penelope from Thunderbirds, though, so that's cool.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I think I read somewhere that Andrew Bond studied at LSE, which is my alma mater. In an ironic twist, my father (Cambridge alum) has a closer link to the son.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    There is a Bond link for every university each one of us has attended, and that Bond link is us.

giphy.gif

I suppose you could say it’s more of a bond than a link.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    The Catholic University of Leuven, besides a few of my end works, nothing that I can think of ;)
    And also the Sapienza University in Rome, I guess Rome is a location in Spectre
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    edited July 2019 Posts: 5,080
    bondjames wrote: »
    I think I read somewhere that Andrew Bond studied at LSE, which is my alma mater. In an ironic twist, my father (Cambridge alum) has a closer link to the son.

I'll be attending LSE this September for my M.Sc., would love to know if there's any truth behind this!

Edit: I call upon the services of @Revelator!