The name's 25. Bond 25, or rather, it's NTTD.

Comments

The Brother From Another Mother
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Spies Don't Cry

A Cry for Spies
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 4,400
    I’m surprised no one mentioned Swan Song yet. It’s so very fitting considering rumours of Madeleine’s demise, Bond’s death and Craig’s exit..........it’s also very elegant and cool sounding.

4wTWxrA_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    I’m surprised no one mentioned Swan Song yet. It’s so very fitting considering rumours of Madeleine’s demise, Bond’s death and Craig’s exit..........it’s also very elegant and cool sounding.

LOVE it!!!!
    echo wrote: »
    Spies Don't Cry

A Cry for Spies

I'll Spy If I Want To
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    It s only the millionth time it gets mentioned.
    Spy Me A River?

Spies Don't Cry
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 17,241
    Getafix wrote: »
    Spy Me A River?

Spies Don't Cry

Fitting the tone of the era, somewhat…

Truer Than Ever

(Wouldn't know what or who is truer; just picked it out from a quote.)
    Lies Live Forever
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Pavlo wrote: »

LOVE it!!!!

Watch it become the title now I've mentioned it. Eon are reading my messages here for certain. Not the first prediction I've got right with this film.

Still slightly surprised we haven't suggested it before. In all honesty, it's kinda obvious.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I've heard Swan Song on here multiple times.

Not a bad title and would certainly make sense, but something tells me they won't use it.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 11,425
    Is there a Roger Moore quote they could use?

E.g. My Word Is My Bond?

There is nothing glamorous about death.

Not many of us are willing to give up everything we have.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 17,241
    Swan Song / Swann Song /Swansong etc. have been mentioned many times before, hasn't it? I'm sure I've read it on both the production threads.

Edit (posted April 13):
    Swansong . Or SwannSong if you’d rather. It won’t be that of course but I thought of it whilst trying to contextualise the production of the film in another post . And whilst not truly Fleming-esque, I think the word has a degree of elegance about it. Plus it’s another S title ;)

(April 25)
    Any time for a final poll?

I mentioned Swann Song a couple of years ago, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Risico.

I am very pleased that Eon has kept the leaks to a minimum, unlike last time.

(February 27 - Bond 25 Production Diary)
    Univex wrote: »
    No one can disagree with that. We all wanted to be talking about the press conference right now. And I’m sick of calling it Bond25. Really want a good imaginative title for Craig’s last. Someone at ajb007 conjured Swannsong as a possibility. Although it’s a one word title starting with an S again, it could very well be fitting. Still hoping for something smarter though.

(May 2017 - Bond 25 fan arts)
    Hmm. So I'm thinking SWANNSONG is BOND 27? Maybe 26.
    I hate the idea of Swansong or any variation, for several reasons.
    To Nomi is To Love Me
    edited July 2019 Posts: 5,921
    M_Balje wrote: »
    Bond 25 wil be named The Hildebrand Rarity
    Bond 26 wil be named Property Of Lady
    The two movies wil be released under the work title: Risico

Bond 25 wil be named Property Of Lady
    Bond 26 wil be named The Hildebrand Rarity
    The two movies wil be released under the work title: Risico

Bond 25 wil be named The Hildebrand Rarity
    Bond 26 wil be named Risico
    The two movies wil be released under the work title: Property Of Lady

Bond 25 wil be named Risico
    Bond 26 wil be named The Hildebrand Rarity
    The two movies wil be released under the work title: Property Of Lady
    XWOuu8G.gif

LOL!

What about:

The Man Who Was Only A Silhouette

Death Leaves An Echo

Personally, I like the longer titles the best.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    FoxRox wrote: »
    +1
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Swan. Sparrow. Pretty much any kind of bird gets my vote.

And S-words are a plus.

FoxRox wrote: »

If it were the final James Bond movie altogether (not just Craig's), it might be appropriate.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    Swansong would be appropriate if there was a significant death or 'death', if you catch my drift. Also fits with Dr Swan's name. And it would also keep the alphabetical order of Craig's tenure
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 11,425
    Another Way To Say Goodbye

I hate "die" titles but perhaps

Another Way To Die

Or

A Different Way to Die (could see the line being worked into the movie)
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Swan Song / Swann Song /Swansong etc. have been mentioned many times before, hasn't it? I'm sure I've read it on both the production threads.

Edit (posted April 13):
    Swansong . Or SwannSong if you’d rather. It won’t be that of course but I thought of it whilst trying to contextualise the production of the film in another post . And whilst not truly Fleming-esque, I think the word has a degree of elegance about it. Plus it’s another S title ;)

(April 25)

I mentioned Swann Song a couple of years ago, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Risico.

No one can disagree with that. We all wanted to be talking about the press conference right now. And I’m sick of calling it Bond25. Really want a good imaginative title for Craig’s last. Someone at ajb007 conjured Swannsong as a possibility. Although it’s a one word title starting with an S again, it could very well be fitting. Still hoping for something smarter though.

Don't bother, sometimes I just like to ignore those comments who thinks they are the first one's that come up with these.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited July 2019 Posts: 23,105
    Alter Ego
    The Second Self
    Twin Brothers of Death
    Assuming the cloning rumours are true
    Or Thanatos

Edit (posted April 13):

(April 25)

Don't bother, sometimes I just like to ignore those comments who thinks they are the first one's that come up with these.

Just thought it was worth showing when/where this title suggestion (or variants of it) had been mentioned before. These took me literally two minutes to find.

Someone might have suggested this title even earlier too.
  • NeverOnTheFirmsTimeNeverOnTheFirmsTime A plane tree'd square off the Kings Road
    Swan Song is just plain awful - sounds like a cheap and cheesy made-for-TV movie.
    Plenty of other great suggestions on here - lets keep 'em coming.

• ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited July 2019 Posts: 2,541

Edit (posted April 13):

(April 25)

Just thought it was worth showing when/where this title suggestion (or variants of it) had been mentioned before. These took me literally two minutes to find.

Yes that's true.
    A while ago I suggested a title
    "A Spy for A SPY"
    I couldn't care less if title is what I suggested or someone suggested before me or we ended up with it. If I want to take credit for it I wouldn't be suggesting it here I would be working in that field where it's needed.

Edit (posted April 13):

(April 25)

Yes that's true.
    A while ago I suggested a title
    "A Spy for A SPY"
    I couldn't care less if title is what I suggested or someone suggested before me or we ended up with it. If I want to take credit for it I wouldn't be suggesting it here I would be working in that field where it's needed.

Fair point. In this case it was just a title that has been thrown around on the forum for so long that it was worth pointing out.

"A Spy for A SPY" makes me think of the possibility having a scene similar to the Bond/Zao prisoner exchange in DAD. A scene like that could've been a tense one – especially in the current (Bond) era.
  • NeverOnTheFirmsTimeNeverOnTheFirmsTime A plane tree'd square off the Kings Road
    edited July 2019 Posts: 34
    Don't know if this has already been suggested (apologies if it has) but - given that 007 is also referred to as a secret agent (as opposed to 'spy') - how about AGENT PROVOCATEUR?
    Was referenced in the SF scene with Dr Hall, and has a potential double meaning in the context of the rumoured plot line for B25 - namely, Bond being enlisted by Felix to act off the books (literally as an 'agent provacateur') but also in the context of the possible involvement of Porton Down (i.e., nerve agent?) 🤔
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    edited July 2019 Posts: 1,699
    A combination of (for me) usable Fleming-derived titles and some courtesy of my own bonce...

A Whisper Of Love, A Whisper Of Hate
    The Finger On The Trigger
    The Eye That Never Sleeps
    No Better Reason To Die*
    All's Well That Dies Well/ All's Well That Kills Well
    A Spy By Any Other Name
    The Man Who Fell To Hell
    Silver Nemesis**

* An alternate to the, frankly, rightly discarded, proposed title
    * * Admittedly, years ago this was the title of a Doctor Who serial, but it trips off the tongue (every Bond title must), has a nice repetitive 's' sound and 'silver' could nicely/figuratively reference the fact the movie will be Eon's 25th
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Edit (posted April 13):

(April 25)

You bet.