No Time to Die production thread

Comments

Univex wrote: »
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I know fashions change, but I like Roger's LALD overcoat better than that coat.

Roger's overcoat in LALD was beautiful. I have one just like it. A bit like Craig's in SP's Rome funeral. That 90's inspired children coat is awful.

Pierce had some nice overcoats as well. I love the brown coat he wears during the Q scene in TND. I am wondering if we'll see Craig in an overcoat in the new film. I hope so.
    I know fashions change, but I like Roger's LALD overcoat better than that coat.

Roger's overcoat in LALD was beautiful. I have one just like it. A bit like Craig's in SP's Rome funeral. That 90's inspired children coat is awful.

Pierce had some nice overcoats as well. I love the brown coat he wears during the Q scene in TND. I am wondering if we'll see Craig in an overcoat in the new film. I hope so.

Yep, have that one myself as well. Two of them, a double breasted one and a single breasted. Love camel overcoats. Craig had had his share of nice overcoats. In CR, at M's place, in QOS in the end, in SF at the National Gallery, in SP at the Funeral.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited July 2019 Posts: 7,889
    antovolk wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »
    Aside from the doll, was it mentioned anywhere that the Atlantic Road scene was meant to feature a child somewhere?

Anyway I was taking a look at the photos of the filming of that....I'm thinking the two face replacement actors in that SUV are supposed to be Seydoux and Magnussen. The toy in the back - something from Madeleine's childhood possibly.

Do you have the photos, @antovolk? Would love to see them again.
    71154930.jpg?imageId=71154930&x=0&y=7.461095890411&cropw=100&croph=80.684931506849&width=980&height=590

I'm curious, and don't recall, was this vehicle seen being involved in a chase with a post 90's vehicle?

yes it was...

• w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I think the great thing about Bond 25 is we know certain things. But there is still an awful lot we don’t know for sure. There’s still a lot of speculation, even from some intrepid and hardened members who are stunningly good at finding out info.
    Either EON have gone all out in keeping any info wrapped up. Or we’re all slipping. ;)
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited July 2019 Posts: 7,969
    This has to be the longest Bond film ever if they have the time for flashbacks and globetrotting like they are. That points to a more intricate story, maybe Madeline is a main character in this one?

I'd be interested to know how long this shoot is compared with SPECTRE. It see like there is more going on this time.
    Most cursed production is surely The Omen?
    Cursed? What the hell? Don’t these people understand how movies are made?
    This has to be the longest Bond film ever if they have the time for flashbacks and globetrotting like they are. That points to a more intricate story, maybe Madeline is a main character in this one?
    CR's flashback was merely a few seconds. And QoS, by far the shortest of all Bond films, had plenty of globetrotting.

• RC7RC7
    edited July 2019 Posts: 10,512
    talos7 wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    I’m still not convinced it’s a young Madeleine. Firstly, Malek was on set in Norway and I have trouble reconciling him being in a flashback.

Why is that? We've touched on it quite a bit above. If this is a flashback that shows events that occurred in the late 90's, Malek's character would be roughly 20 years old. If you look at pictures of him through the years, he looks virtually the same at nearly 40.

It doesn’t add up to me. Especially given the pursuit we’ve seen. Like you say, Occam’s Razor.
    I’m still not convinced it’s a young Madeleine. Firstly, Malek was on set in Norway and I have trouble reconciling him being in a flashback.

Why is that? We've touched on it quite a bit above. If this is a flashback that shows events that occurred in the late 90's, Malek's character would be roughly 20 years old. If you look at pictures of him through the years, he looks virtually the same at nearly 40.

It doesn’t add up to me. Especially given the pursuit we’ve seen. Like you say, Occam’s Razor.

Malek's character is, as far as we can make out from the few details we have, exploiting illegal genetic experiments and I suspect the girl (the Madeleine look-a-like) has something to do with that - after all it seems the child is the target in the ice-lake house assault. Just a guess, but I don't think, like RC7, she's Swann's daughter, but they cast a young girl to resemble her... join the dots.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 11,425
    I was about to say something similar. We seem to have forgotten the rumours about Malek's character being into genetic experimentation etc. If there is a Maddie lookalike in the film, it surely points to a story-line around cloning or something like that.
  • Wow, I have to admit, I never would've thought to bring back the V8, but seeing Craig in/around that vehicle makes me wish that it had been his personal car from the beginning. Something about the muscle car feel of the V8 suits Craig's Bond like glove. Reminiscent of Steve McQueen and the Mustang GT.
    Yep. The V8 suits Craig down to the ground.
    Getafix wrote: »
    I was about to say something similar. We seem to have forgotten the rumours about Malek's character being into genetic experimentation etc. If there is a Maddie lookalike in the film, it surely points to a story-line around cloning or something like that.

I agree. And if Spectre initiated such experiments during Blofeld's rein, when Mr. White was one of the organization's key players, it makes sense they took genetic material from someone they had easy access to, like Mr. White's young daughter.
    That’s some interesting story speculation. Could make for a really cool, scary story if executed properly! I’m hoping Malek’s villain is an original (quite possibly still related to SPECTRE given how they want it to be the big bad of Craig’s movies now) and not a disguised Blofeld, which I’ve been skeptical about.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    That’s some interesting story speculation. Could make for a really cool, scary story if executed properly! I’m hoping Malek’s villain is an original (quite possibly still related to SPECTRE given how they want it to be the big bad of Craig’s movies now) and not a disguised Blofeld, which I’ve been skeptical about.

It would also mean Swann would have a very interesting and dramatic role to play, trying to protect her clone, rather like Faye Dunaway trying to protect her sister/daughter in Chinatown. And Lea said she was looking forward to exploring her character more deeply. It would also mean Blofeld, locked away in an Mi6 cell, would have key information about past Spectre activities which Bond would want/need to force out of him.

ColonelSun wrote: »
    FoxRox wrote: »

It would also mean Swann would have a very interesting and dramatic role to play, trying to protect her clone, rather like Faye Dunaway trying to protect her sister/daughter in Chinatown. And Lea said she was looking forward to exploring her character more deeply. It would also mean Blofeld, locked away in an Mi6 cell, would have key information about past Spectre activities which Bond would want/need to force out of him.

Yes, I also thought there could be a strong possibility of a Waltz Blofeld cameo - in jail perhaps where we last knew he was. I could see a scene play out where Bond interrogates Blofeld and learns about Malek’s character and the technology. Maybe Malek’s character takes control of SPECTRE, or was a loose cannon in the organization and sets off with his own gang to harness the dangerous power.

A few pages back I mentioned the possibility of the young girl being a clone.
    What if unknown to her, Swann‘s DNA was used ?
    I still think it’s a flashback...
    I know it's not the same, but when I hear the mention of clones + Bond, I can't help but think of the Austin Powers fembots.
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    @Ludovico They're make up.
    So we know Bond will sustain some minor wounds. Are the London scenes being shot at the end of the movie?
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 6,665
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    @Ludovico They're make up.
    So we know Bond will sustain some minor wounds. Are the London scenes being shot at the end of the movie?

You'd get that if you'd fallen through an entire bar ;)
    Maybe Bond only caught a clone of Blofeld in SP ? The real one is still out there.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 11,425
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Maybe Bond only caught a clone of Blofeld in SP ? The real one is still out there.

I know you're joking but I was about to ponder whether Malek's character is some kind of Blofeld clone? An early experiment gone wrong perhaps? Not really the territory I want them exploring but in a way as long as it's deftly handled, these plot elements are not soooo important. It's when they jar or don't make sense that I find it annoying. As long as stuff makes internal logical sense within the film, and the script and actors can carry it , that's all that matters really.
    barryt007 wrote: »

I know you're joking but I was about to ponder whether Malek's character is some kind of Blofeld clone? An early experiment gone wrong perhaps?

Exactly.

I'm only half joking tbh,its worth putting the suggestion into the mix,i think.
    If we're toying with the idea of Malek being some kind of medical experiment, then that's another thing Bond 25 might have in common with AVTAK, as both have main villains noticeably younger than Bond. Add the TLD Aston, and we have a complete 80's throwback fest.
    I truly hope we don’t get into clone territory, that would be appalling. That sort of stuff belongs in sci-fi and would be so out of place in a Craig Bond movie.
    TR007 wrote: »
    I truly hope we don’t get into clone territory, that would be appalling. That sort of stuff belongs in sci-fi and would be so out of place in a Craig Bond movie.

Definitely agree.
    Or Swann’s clone...

I tossed this out a couple of weeks ago and heard crickets; with the genetic warfare angle, it's a possibility.