No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited July 2019 Posts: 10,586
    Hopefully that means we'll see Bond in a tux in this scene as well.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Univex wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    When it comes to the Norway sequence featuring the young girl being chased, I think some are overthinking it. The girl is Madeleine and she's very likely being chased by a SPECTRE associated group that includes Malek's character.
    In the present he may be in his late 30's or early 40's, his appearance hasn't changed significantly in the past 15 plus years; in the flashbacks he may be 20 to 25 years old. it's very plausible . It would not surprise me to see Mr. White as well.

Exactly!

Makes zero sense since Malek is currently 38 and Lea Seydoux is 34.

Why wouldn't they just get Seydoux to play the younger version of herself?

If this theory is correct, the character is Malek's father.

Let me try a different theory:

The actor who doubles for Malek was just in Norway to play an unnamed assassin. He then resumed work as Malek's double. Malek was never meant to be in that scene. He filmed other stuff in Norway though. And will continue to do so.

This is just speculative. But see? It made sense of it all in a jiffy. We're all caught up in this thinking Malek's stunt double only plays Malek's character in the film. What if they use them for other roles?

And this was just Madeleine's story as a flashback. With no Malek.

Liste, I don't know, we're just playing a guess game here. And it's been fun so far ;)

Possible but a stretch.

The more simple is the more likely.

https://simple.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor
    When it comes to the Norway sequence featuring the young girl being chased, I think some are overthinking it. The girl is Madeleine and she's very likely being chased by a SPECTRE associated group that includes Malek's character.
    In the present he may be in his late 30's or early 40's, his appearance hasn't changed significantly in the past 15 plus years; in the flashbacks he may be 20 to 25 years old. it's very plausible . It would not surprise me to see Mr. White as well.

Exactly!

The actor who doubles for Malek was just in Norway to play an unnamed assassin. He then resumed work as Malek's double. Malek was never meant to be in that scene. He filmed other stuff in Norway though. And will continue to do so.

This is just speculative. But see? It made sense of it all in a jiffy. We're all caught up in this thinking Malek's stunt double only plays Malek's character in the film. What if they use them for other roles?

Liste, I don't know, we're just playing a guess game here. And it's been fun so far ;)

Possible but a stretch.

Dearest friend, I know what an occam's razor is since I've heard our man Connery in The Name of the Rose in 87 explain it ;)

And...you're absolutely right!
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

Exactly!

Then how does this tie in with the film's plot? More coincidence? That the villain who has the weapon and who has kidnapped the scientist just so happened to run across Madeleine when she was a young girl?

I don't buy it.

Furthermore, the clothing, surrounding vehicles, and guns are contemporary.

The more likely explanation is that the young girl is Madeleine's daughter, whose father was given full custody when she was just a toddler. How that fits into the story is anyone's guess.

Exactly!

Possible but a stretch.

Dearest friend, I know what an occam's razor is since I've heard our man Connery in The Name of the Rose in 87 explain it ;)

And...you're absolutely right!

I had no doubt that you would know what it is; that was just an assist for the less enlightened ;)
    TripAces wrote: »

Exactly!

Then how does this tie in with the film's plot? More coincidence? That the villain who has the weapon and who has kidnapped the scientist just so happened to run across Madeleine when she was a young girl?

I don't buy it.

Furthermore, the clothing, surrounding vehicles, and guns are contemporary.

The more likely explanation is that the young girl is Madeleine's daughter, whose father was given full custody when she was just a toddler. How that fits into the story is anyone's guess.

But that just sounds like your average Sunday afternoon Jean Claude Van Dam movie :(

Bond made a promise to keep safe a man's daughter, now he has to keep the same man's granddaughter safe? Laaaazy writing, that would be.

There must be something else to it.
    Also, hasn't it been implied that Malek will be wearing some sort of facial prosthetic to simulate a scar or injury that he sustained at some point?

vp2DakL.jpg
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 6,665

Exactly!

So a 38 year old can’t play a slightly older character? Of course he can. Shoot, Sean Connery is only 12 years older than Harrison Ford and played his dad.

At the time of the flashback, she is roughly 14 , his character can be 20 or so. . Very feasible.

Seydoux can play a younger character, Malek can play an older character. I think it's perfectly feasible. Specially because they can tinker with Malek's face digitally and make him slightly younger in the flashback. Which would suffice to make the contrast in the future, 20 years later. Can work.

The Toyota in the Atlantic Road were old as well. At least 20 years old, and very contrasting to the Land Rovers. Wasn't the kid in one of them? With the blonde girl with the handkerchief (Madeleine's mother?) and the guy with the dots on his face (Mr. White?).
  • RC7RC7
    I’m still not convinced it’s a young Madeleine. Firstly, Malek was on set in Norway and I have trouble reconciling him being in a flashback. Plus, weren’t there reports of a child’s toy(s) being in the rear seat of the V8?

Social media channels and particularly this forum are used by media journalists to glean information and fact check. Our theories are, more often than not, taken and posited as fact. The young Madeleine rumour is just that in my opinion. Someone posting it to IMDB is not verification.
    I'm no gun expert so I have no opinion on that, Is the Tesla actually featured in the possible flashback, or could it have been someone's personal vehicle on the location?
    I'm no gun expert so I have no opinion on that, Is the Tesla actually featured in the possible flashback, or could it have been someone's personal vehicle on the location?

It could be just a personal car parked outside, yes. And the machine gun could very well be two decades old.

And the Toyotas in the Atlantic Road are at least 20 years old. And the girl was reported to be in the back seat of one, not on the V8 AM.
  • RC7RC7

It could be just a personal car parked outside, yes. And the machine gun could very well be two decades old.

And the Toyotas in the Atlantic Road are at least 20 years old. And the girl was reported to be in the back seat of one, not on the V8 AM.

Where does the AM slot in?
    edited July 2019 Posts: 7,888
    RC7 wrote: »
    I’m still not convinced it’s a young Madeleine. Firstly, Malek was on set in Norway and I have trouble reconciling him being in a flashback.

Why is that? We've touched on it quite a bit above. If this is a flashback that shows events that occurred in the late 90's, Malek's character would be roughly 20 years old. If you look at pictures of him through the years, he looks virtually the same at nearly 40.

Where does the AM slot in?

Bond retracing their steps? Years later. Two separate shoots, weren't they?

What if there are several flashbacks throughout the film?
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 17,241
    The Toyota in the Atlantic Road were old as well. At least 20 years old, and very contrasting to the Land Rovers. Wasn't the kid in one of them? With the blonde girl with the handkerchief (Madeleine's mother?) and the guy with the dots on his face (Mr. White?).

I wonder about the Toyotas, They used the modern day Range Rovers there too, and there might be quite a bit going on in that scene. Here's from one of the Dagbladet articles, covering the test track driving before the Atlantic Road shoot:
    One of the stunt exercises involves one of two brown Toyotas first following then overtaking the Aston Martin classic. Eventually they also practice skidding with both Rang Rovers at high speed.

https://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/forste-bilder-av-hemmelig-bond-bil/71151582
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Does anyone know if they plan to return to Norway????? They are in Materia in the middle of next month. Is that the last location now?

I wonder about the Toyotas, They used the modern day Range Rovers there too, and there might be quite a bit going on in that scene. Here's from one of the Dagbladet articles, covering the test track driving before the Atlantic Road shoot:
    One of the stunt exercises involves one of two brown Toyotas first following then overtaking the Aston Martin classic. Eventually they also practice skidding with both Rang Rovers at high speed.

Very, very odd. Still, they could justapose the two timelines, having an old Toyota overtaking the AM, and then cutting to a recent Land Rover overtaking it. A sort of way for us to see the past happening in that same place. Farfetched, yes. Could it work? Yes.

Who knows? All I know is that I've been following these productions online since 1999 and I've never been this confused before. I'm loving it.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 17,241
    Does anyone know if they plan to return to Norway????? They are in Materia in the middle of next month. Is that the last location now?

No more news in Norwegian media as far I can see. The incentives given does suggest they'll shoot longer than what's not even two weeks in total (as far as I remember). And if this is it, then the Norwegian Film Institute has thrown unnecessary large amounts of money at the production, IMO.

Very, very odd. Still, they could justapose the two timelines, having an old Toyota overtaking the AM, and then cutting to a recent Land Rover overtaking it. A sort of way for us to see the past happening in that same place. Farfetched, yes. Could it work? Yes.

Who knows? All I know is that I've been following these productions online since 1999 and I've never been this confused before. I'm loving it.

Equal amounts of fun and confusing, for sure! Will be interesting to see what they're planning.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 3,164
    Aside from the doll, was it mentioned anywhere that the Atlantic Road scene was meant to feature a child somewhere?

Anyway I was taking a look at the photos of the filming of that....I'm thinking the two face replacement actors in that SUV are supposed to be Seydoux and Magnussen. The toy in the back - something from Madeleine's childhood possibly.
    antovolk wrote: »
    Aside from the doll, was it mentioned anywhere that the Atlantic Road scene was meant to feature a child somewhere?

Anyway I was taking a look at the photos of the filming of that....I'm thinking the two face replacement actors in that SUV are supposed to be Seydoux and Magnussen. The toy in the back - something from Madeleine's childhood possibly.

Do you have the photos, @antovolk? Would love to see them again.

@Univex Here are all the images featuring the doubles with the face replacement dots:
    https://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/derfor-har-bond-skuespillerne-prikker-i-ansiktet/71154844

71154930.jpg?imageId=71154930&x=0&y=7.461095890411&cropw=100&croph=80.684931506849&width=980&height=590

And based off the V8's presence in the London scenes, I'd imagine this Atlantic Road stuff comes after that, the start of the third act where Bond presumably asks M and the MI6 home team for help... it'd also make sense in that case if Magnussen's CIA guy tags along, possibly because Felix ends up getting offed?

@RC7 I don't think we know for sure if 1. Malek was on *that* frozen lake set and 2. whether that was the only scene being filmed in Norway at that time. Only thing connecting Malek to that specific possible flashback sequence is the assailant being his stunt double.
    Thank you, guys, for the photos.

After seeing that video, I stand corrected. No flashback there. They're filming the two Land Rovers chasing the Toyota. It's all the same shoot.

The mystery thickens.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Malek did confirm that he shot scenes in Norway. So, he was either apart of the first shoot, the second shoot, or a mystery shoot we have yet to learn about.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Malek did confirm that he shot scenes in Norway. So, he was either apart of the first shoot, the second shoot, or a mystery shoot we have yet to learn about.

I think we do know it's the first shoot - believe he explicitly mentioned the weather, just don't think that frozen lake scene we've seen photos of is the only thing they shot...

Or, her mother and Mr. White.
    I’m still not convinced it’s a young Madeleine. Firstly, Malek was on set in Norway and I have trouble reconciling him being in a flashback.

Why is that? We've touched on it quite a bit above. If this is a flashback that shows events that occurred in the late 90's, Malek's character would be roughly 20 years old. If you look at pictures of him through the years, he looks virtually the same at nearly 40.

I have seen the coat worn by the girl in those scenes being worn today - i.e. her clothing is contemporary, sold by M&S.

https://www.marksandspencer.com/ombre-padded-coat-3-16-years-/p/p60207119?extid=ps_gglpla_Kids&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=Cj0KCQjw3uboBRDCARIsAO2XcYAmj1uSUTcy5vELmHt1g3DpXRxS50VOrB-ai0F28OI-4PLSFPIAJlQaAteLEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
    edited July 2019 Posts: 7,888

I have seen the coat worn by the girl in those scenes being worn today - i.e. her clothing is contemporary, sold by M&S.

https://www.marksandspencer.com/ombre-padded-coat-3-16-years-/p/p60207119?extid=ps_gglpla_Kids&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=Cj0KCQjw3uboBRDCARIsAO2XcYAmj1uSUTcy5vELmHt1g3DpXRxS50VOrB-ai0F28OI-4PLSFPIAJlQaAteLEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Possible , but there were coats in the 90's that looked the same. I was there :D
    I know fashions change, but I like Roger's LALD overcoat better than that coat.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I know fashions change, but I like Roger's LALD overcoat better than that coat.

Roger's overcoat in LALD was beautiful. I have one just like it. A bit like Craig's in SP's Rome funeral. That 90's inspired children coat is awful.