No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• edited June 2019 Posts: 22
    If I'm not mistaken the suit/tie choice isn't a million miles from YOLT either!

(apologies for the double post, just figured out how to edit my previous posts...bear with me!)
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Awesome photos, wondering what kind of Scenes are they shooting.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited June 2019 Posts: 8,007
    Contraband wrote: »
    About the drone: Shotover's own demo reel and camera system

shotover.com/videos/u1

shotover.com/products/u1

These things are mightily impressive. The days of building a crane for a high angle shot are gone, as are the days of spending a few thousand on helicopter rentals.

maxresdefault.jpg

Okay, mostly ;) And certainly for more modestly budgeted films.

They probably used the helicopter due to the speed the cars were driving at, as well as other factors, like wind etc. I can imagine sudden heavy wind could make using drones a bit difficult.

True. What's the top speed of a drone these days? 120km/h? I know there's racing drones that can exceed 150km/h, but they're not usually built with production in mind. I'd imagine it probably was the weather that was the deciding factor.
    talos7 wrote: »
    Of course helicopters, and cranes and dollies etc. will still be used, but drones will more and more be utilized for their unparalleled versatility and relatively low cost... yes drone operators are paid handsomely 😏

A friend of mine charges €650/700 for a full day's work. But that's the perks of being fully licensed and compliant. Many unlicensed guys still pull in half that. Even at that, they've been a revelation for the indie film sector, allowing for flexibility in shooting styles that otherwise would have required 4x as much equipment and 3x as much finance. On S2 of Luthor, I remember the fun that was had with them - they were used extensively and worked wonders for the value of the production.

Anyway, these Shotover drones are the bees-knees. The Optimus Prime of octocopters.
    Lots more from filming today.....

Also, Rami is still in London. He was at the Olympic Stadium in Stratford yesterday

• 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Do we know the Budget for B25? Any estimates, or anything at all?
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 17,241

shotover.com/videos/u1

shotover.com/products/u1

These things are mightily impressive. The days of building a crane for a high angle shot are gone, as are the days of spending a few thousand on helicopter rentals.

maxresdefault.jpg

They probably used the helicopter due to the speed the cars were driving at, as well as other factors, like wind etc. I can imagine sudden heavy wind could make using drones a bit difficult.

True. What's the top speed of a drone these days? 120km/h? I know there's racing drones that can exceed 150km/h, but they're not usually built with production in mind. I'd imagine it probably was the weather that was the deciding factor.

Yeah, I guess there are drones that can reach fast speeds too. The helicopter rig should at least give some stability for the shoots, even if it's a windy day.
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    I think they used drone because of place of shooting. It is centre of London, where too many high buildings, tight open spaces and probably aerial shooting by helicopter is forbidden there. Helicopter is definitely not accustomed for such specifics of environment.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Plethora of new photos courtesy of the Daily Mail....Craig is looking v grey. Plus, they are using drone technology. Seems an unusual move for CJF.

15440906-7197525-image-a-135_1561892675536.jpg
    15441934-7197525-image-a-143_1561892972170.jpg
    15440882-7197525-Ready_for_work_Daniel_looked_in_high_spirits_as_he_arrived_to_se-a-245_1561895230911.jpg
    15441492-7197525-image-a-155_1561893086108.jpg
    15440900-7197525-image-m-164_1561893138633.jpg
    15442040-7197525-image-a-170_1561893196100.jpg
    15440876-7197525-image-a-169_1561893157420.jpg

I have closely followed Craig’s style on and off screen. This is only the third time I have ever seen him in a short sleeve button-down shirt. The first two are in CR: the PTS filming (pale blue short sleeve under the dark blue linen suit, seen in shots on set) and the arrival at Ocean Club.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 6,665
    I'm fairly certain I can now guess how this will pan out.
    Bond goes to see M as a "visitor". M assigns him with an unofficial assignment. Bond goes to see Q. Sees the Valhalla parked in Q's shop (only brief appearance by the hypercar) and wants the car. Q says Bond is not allowed to take one of the newer models. Just an old thing he'll probably like as well. And Bond takes the old V8. Bond theme is heard loudly as Bond drives pass the Royal guards and on to Norway or whatever location he is seen with the V8 (Atlantic Road)

Purely speculative work, mind you. But it would explain how Bond gets the V8, extras and all. And how the Valhalla is used in the film.

BTW, what a great day to be a Bond fan, again ;)
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Someone should really download Cary's latest Instagram story as you can actually see a scene being filmed with Daniel in the V8.........

Edit: I'd also recommend people check out the official 007 account's stories.

Edit No.2: New shades for filming

shotover.com/videos/u1

shotover.com/products/u1

maxresdefault.jpg

Unlike most pro consumer drones, the Shotover drone doesn't have a problem with wind due to it's weight. But it has a max speed of 65 km/h, so for follow me shots in a car chase, they would have to speed up the frames in post.
    Someone should really download Cary's latest Instagram story as you can actually see a scene being filmed with Daniel in the V8.........

Is this his account, @Pierce2Daniel?

https://www.instagram.com/cary_fukunaga/?hl=en
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Looks incredible :D
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Zekidk wrote: »

shotover.com/videos/u1

shotover.com/products/u1

maxresdefault.jpg

Unlike most pro consumer drones, the Shotover drone doesn't have a problem with wind due to it's weight. But it has a max speed of 65 km/h, so for follow me shots in a car chase, they would have to speed up the frames in post.

Is that the double edged sword when it comes to the extra weight on the Shotover? The weight increases its stability but sacrifices its speed?

shotover.com/videos/u1

shotover.com/products/u1

maxresdefault.jpg

Wind on the coast of Norway can be really unforgiving and unpredictable though. But they wouldn't have filmed in that bad weather anyway.

They certainly reached speeds higher than 65 km/h in that sequence, that's for sure.
  • 00Ralf00Ralf Germany
    Daniel's hair looks the best since Quantum. Brilliant photos! I like that apparently he gets physically rough in one bit of the film and his injuries don't vanish, but rather are still visible throughout several scenes.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 3,160

shotover.com/videos/u1

shotover.com/products/u1

maxresdefault.jpg

Wind on the coast of Norway can be really unforgiving and unpredictable though. But they wouldn't have filmed in that bad weather anyway.

They certainly reached speeds higher than 65 km/h in that sequence, that's for sure.
    Max 65 km/h is the official spec.
    So...that vid on Fuku's insta page. Anyone has it? I don't have instagram, so...

People are saying its terrific.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 17,241

shotover.com/videos/u1

shotover.com/products/u1

maxresdefault.jpg

Max 65 km/h is the official spec.

Just out of curiosity; could it be modified to go faster?
    Univex wrote: »
    So...that vid on Fuku's insta page. Anyone has it? I don't have instagram, so...

It's really just Bond stopping the V8 and stepping out of it. Nothing more.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Univex wrote: »

I've downloaded it, but not sure how to share it.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 4,400
    New photo posted on the 007 page

The clapperboard suggests this is in the 3rd act.

Edit: More filming taking place in Southwark tonight!

Perhaps this is Q's flat? Would explain the random bespoke limited edition Aston Martin.
    D-UbLNJXsAA4HHk.jpg
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    This looks like Craig's watch, with a shark mesh:
    omega-seamaster-diver-300m-omega-co-axial-master-chronometer-42-mm-21022422001001-l.png
    Thanks for uploading the video, @Pierce2Daniel.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    ggl007 wrote: »

Oberhauser is back playing 007..

maxresdefault.jpg

:))
    New shades for filming

Cool ones. What are those? They seem like the ones Craig had while filming Skyfall in Istambul.
    This is incredibly exciting. That V8 really suits Craig. It's amazing to see him back in action, it's as if no time at all has passed since 2015.
    Things are really moving along!
    My hype for this movie is sooooooooooo high.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    The scene they're filming is 139, which for comparisons sake, puts us at Blofeld's crater base in SP.