Bond Fans of the World Unite! (4K Anniversary Screenings in San Francisco)

2»

Comments

• BirdlesonBirdleson San Jose, CAModerator
    edited December 2018 Posts: 30,647
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    'Pretty close but still hours away' is such a US thing :) Hope we can catch up some other time, @Creasy47!

That's funny
    Same here! Quite the U.S. thing, indeed, isn't it?

It is funny. Aside from a few excursions abroad, having lived in the US my entire life, on both coasts, so I have known distance; and I do consider anyone within a few hours of me nearby and close enough to hang out with occasionally.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited December 2018 Posts: 34,580
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    'Pretty close but still hours away' is such a US thing :) Hope we can catch up some other time, @Creasy47!

That's funny
    Same here! Quite the U.S. thing, indeed, isn't it?

It is funny. Aside form a few excursions abroad, having lived in the US my entire life, on both coasts, so I have known distance; and I do consider anyone within a few hours of me nearby and close enough to hang out with occasionally.

Good point, exactly, especially when I'm used to talking to so many people here from England, Japan, and beyond, so a few hours really does seem quite manageable.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    If I'm travelling more than a couple of hours to see someone, I usually expect to stay the night at least!
    If all goes well, I'm going to be in Tysons Corner, Virginia for an event from March 15th-17th. I'm planning to take a week either side of that (so, 9th to 23rd) to stay with friends in Maryland and explore Washington. Anyone in that part of the world fancy meeting up?

Update: flying in to Dulles on Saturday 9th March, flying home on Saturday 23rd March. The first week will probably be best for doing DC things.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Kingdumb of Norway
    Met my first fellow forum member today. @RichardTheBruce .

Just found the microphone and tracker he planted on me, and flushed them down the toilet. Better luck next time, America!
    Great news!
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited May 2019 Posts: 8,930
    Just found the microphone and tracker he planted on me, and flushed them down the toilet. Better luck next time, America!
    Too late to request you return those items to me on our next meeting, I guess.

Very fortunate so far this year to meet two local heroes of the board @Agent_99 and now @Thunderfinger. Lovely people. The finest.

Anybody live in Denver?

e8a89ce9ac36b5618b98b0b709d04be7.pnge8a89ce9ac36b5618b98b0b709d04be7.png

I like the chain. You guys met up, Richard met @Agent_99, she has met up with @Some_Kind_Of_Hero , he has met up with @Revelator , @BeatlesSansEarmuffs and me. I have met with @chrisisall . I know that several others have gotten together. We're forming a solid chain.
    With unbreakable bonds!
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 3,063
    This probably isn't the place for this, but when I was out in Thailand during the theatrical release of Spectre, I picked up these promo drinking cups at the cinema. The Thais seem to love their movie promo merchandise tie-ins for virtually every single movie that comes out and Bond is no different. There was also one in a metallic spy brief case, but I didn't buy that.

s-l225.jpg
    The puppy and I are heading out on a cross country (US) drive (in about an hour). As I move along I will update where I am an where I'm headed, and if it crosses any of your areas and you'd like to meet up, let me know and I'll try. Today will be San Jose to Salt Lake City. The next day through to the Mid-West (I want to hit St. Louis in two days). I don't mind going a couple hours out of my way to meet up with a few of you.
    edited August 2019 Posts: 30,647
    @BeatlesSansEarmuffs @Revelator @Some_Kind_Of_Hero ,

I hope that the MI6 Bay Area contingent is still up for this, all in 4K!:
    https://www.castrotheatre.com/p-list.html#aug25

Outside in front of the theatre, The Aston Martin Owners Club is proud have on display two "Bond" cars for the afternoon screenings: the 1969 Aston Martin DBS from "OHMSS" and the 2008 Aston Martin DBS V12 "Quantum of Solace".

And anyone in the area or who will be in the area; let us know!
    I'll definitely be there. I'll try to see all three films, though I recently watched Goldfinger with Beatles and Hero and saw Moonraker at the Castro just a year or two ago with Beatles and Birdleson. But seeing all three films in 4K will be a new experience.

• I'll try to make it. Is anybody else in the SF area that could join us?
    edited August 2019 Posts: 30,647
    The 4K sells it for me, as well.