The name's 25. Bond 25, or rather, it's NTTD.

Comments

• echoecho 007 in New York
    edited June 2019 Posts: 5,921
    Many of the Gardner titles would work. Coming up with a good Flemingesque title is very difficult.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Daniel Craig is James Bond in " Of Death and Resurrection "
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    How about A Man For All Seasons ...

Oh. Has that been taken? ;)
    THE PROPERTY OF A LADY or ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    THE GHOST OF CHRISTMAS JONES
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    A Spy Resurrected.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    The first chapter of CR:

The Secret Agent
    Mallory wrote: »
    The first chapter of CR:

The Secret Agent

I actually like this idea. Very simple but good.
  • Secret Agent: On Whooos Siiide?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    ANOTHER ONE BITES THE BULLET
  • I like the idea of paying tribute to Fleming by using a chapter title (which wouldn't be too far out there considering the Jamaica location and Goldeneye launch). I don't care for any of the remaining book titles, but I like:

Blood and Thunder
    The Death Collector
    The Bleeding Heart
    The Eye That Never Sleeps
    Valley of Shadows
    The Undertaker's Wind (despite all the flatulence jokes, this still may be my favourite)
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    THE GHOST OF CHRISTMAS JONES

Eon announce this as the title. Haha love it mate
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    After OHMSS and TWINE...

Christmas Comes Thrice
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited June 2019 Posts: 3,157
    Mallory wrote: »
    The first chapter of CR:

The Secret Agent

This would be pretty good for an actor's first film, especially if it's a low-budget grounded spy story (by low I mean around $ 100 millions, not $10 millions :P )
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    A SPY FOR A SPY
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 6,665
    A SPY FOR A SPY

Love it! Well done old chap, well done. Classic Le Carré kind of title. I, for one, love it.

It's close to the phonetics of an Eye for an Eye, and it may very well tie with what we presume to be the narrative. Well done, indeed.

Oh, and damn you to hell, cause now I won't like any other.

Best fan proposed title as of yet. Give this man an award.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited June 2019 Posts: 5,834
    I still like the idea of Once Upon A Spy. Here's my fan poster for that from a while ago.

once_upon_a_spy___007_by_ssirturn_dd66iz5-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTkyMSIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2NkNWQwOTM4LWY2M2YtNDUyZi04ZTk5LTc3M2QwYWUzMTEzNlwvZGQ2Nml6NS0wYmUxNjkyMS0yZjFjLTQ2OGUtOGM1Yy04MTQ4NmUxM2JmYWUuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.PyL706mExDWjZmyqnJbJ3bKJkxDsny3yp5iO3gE6Bkw
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    Your link seems not to work @Denbigh
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    How about A REASON TO SPY?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Tuxedo wrote: »
    Your link seems not to work @Denbigh
    @Tuxedo Should work now :)
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    It does @Denbigh. Great poster!
    Must say, those two are my favourite titles so far:

A Spy for a Spy

Once upon a Spy
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 17,241
    I suspect that Fukunaga and Eon may be speaking to songwriters and asking them for titles they could write something about. I reckon they should just get Alex Turner to read the script and come up with a title, he's terrific at naming things.

Captura%2Bde%2Bpantalla%2B2018-05-14%2Ba%2Blas%2B10.10.57.png

Can't imagine what he could come up with, but i'm pretty sure it would be something catchy. He's brilliant with song lyrics.
    I fear we won’t get a Fleming title this time around in spite of everything feeling so well flemingesque
    Risico007 wrote: »
    I fear we won’t get a Fleming title this time around in spite of everything feeling so well flemingesque

I agree. At this point I'd just be satisfied with something related to Fleming; chapter title, a phrase, anything aficionados would understand, but would most likely go over the heads of most casual movie goers. COMMANDER JAMAICA fits that category, as does THE SECRET AGENT.
    I think using that OHMSS Draco passage to try and find a Fleming reference in A REASON TO DIE is really scraping the bottom of the barrel. I don't think it counts.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Risico007 wrote: »

I agree. At this point I'd just be satisfied with something related to Fleming; chapter title, a phrase, anything aficionados would understand, but would most likely go over the heads of most casual movie goers. COMMANDER JAMAICA fits that category, as does THE SECRET AGENT.
    I think using that OHMSS Draco passage to try and find a Fleming reference in A REASON TO DIE is really scraping the bottom of the barrel. I don't think it counts.

'The Secret Agent' is interesting - however, it's the name of a renown Joseph Conrad novel. Futhermore, it's been adapted numerous times for TV and film.

I quite like the title DEADLY NIGHTSHADE or simply NIGHTSHADE. It sounds like a song Alex Turner would dream up.

If we are going for Fleming chapter titles, then I'm partial to either SWEET NIGHTMARES or SPARROW TEARS
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 1,661
    Pardon the morbid humour but 'A Reason To Die' sounds like a documentary or feature film about euthanasia!

Octopussy is a wacky title but it works so given the context, seeing the actual film and plot, 'A Reason To Die' could work and make sense.

If the villain says

"Is there a reason why I should keep you alive, Mr Bond?"

and Bond replies

"No, but there's always a reason to die."

... it could give specific meaning to the title. I think that would work. But it looks as if it's been dropped so we should expect a new title. :)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    For everyone who doesn't want 'Die' in the title:

DEATH IS ETERNAL

(DIE)
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 2,594
    Yeah, we can only pray that Eon don’t use “kill” or “die” in the title.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I think that the “ McGuffin “ will have a name; that will be the title.