Frame of mind - Pick a Bond flick : LATEST : When you are ........GETTING MARRIED THE NEXT DAY !

edited September 2019 in Bond Movies Posts: 19,339
This is a simple premise to keep us going until B25 is up and running .

I will choose a different emotion occasionally and you can let us know the Bond film you would opt for while in this frame of mind and why .

1) Anxious.
2) Angry.
3) Slightly drunk
4) Depressed.
5) Bored.
6) Frisky.
7) Getting married the next day !

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 13,879
    B25 :))

Seriously, if I'm feeling anxious, agitated etc. I might chuck on NSNA, because it's a very calm, relaxing film, and the Bahamas location has a lot to do with that. Great Sunday night viewing.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Dr. No.

Going back in time, visiting Jamaican islands with fair blondes... What's there not to like?
    Latest ‘frame of mind’ now up and running,fittingly suitable for the weekend!!
    TB - it's like being on vacation. Especially if I'm drinking something tropical.
    QBranch wrote: »
    TB - it's like being on vacation. Especially if I'm drinking something tropical.

Like half a lager top ?
    edited April 2019 Posts: 13,879
    Vodka with pineapple/coconut juice.
    Vodka with pineapple/coconut juice.

Kinky...
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Easy one: DAD. My go-to for Get Drunk And Shout At Pierce Brosnan Movie Night.
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Easy one: DAD. My go-to for Get Drunk And Shout At Pierce Brosnan Movie Night.

Perfect choice x pure escapism for the drunken mind !
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    TLD, when slightly drunk I find Kara tickles my...Tchaikovsky !
    I'm sure it does for you @barryt007
    I'm sure Baz gets intoxicated just thinking about her.

"Is she real or just a dream?" 8->
    He's told me many times I'm back end of horse for not taking her more seriously.
    Scared the living daylights out of me. ;)
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    A Bond film for when I'm slightly drunk....DAF.

Colourful, camp, slightly odd. I'm not describing myself by the way..well..maybe slightly odd.
    But, anyway, DAF for me.
    Benny wrote: »
    TLD, when slightly drunk I find Kara tickles my...Tchaikovsky !
    I'm sure it does for you @barryt007
    I'm sure Baz gets intoxicated just thinking about her.

"Is she real or just a dream?" 8->
    He's told me many times I'm back end of horse for not taking her more seriously.
    Scared the living daylights out of me. ;)

Bloody children the both of you ...I will not rise to the bait.....................KILL HER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oops.....
    NicNac wrote: »

Colourful, camp, slightly odd. I'm not describing myself by the way..well..maybe slightly odd.
    But, anyway, DAF for me.

I find myself watching DAF, when slightly drunk and very drunk. It's so much fun when intoxicated. Trying to get my head around what is going on, or what Guy Hamilton and the crew were thinking. Is it a gem, or should we be disappointed Bond went this way?

edited April 2019 Posts: 7,567
    NicNac wrote: »

But, anyway, DAF for me.

I find myself watching DAF, when slightly drunk and very drunk. It's so much fun when intoxicated. Trying to get my head around what is going on, or what Guy Hamilton and the crew were thinking. Is it a gem, or should we be disappointed Bond went this way?

We should never be disappointed with any direction the series takes, as long as it stays within the broad parameters as set out by IF.
    Looking back over the series it's a rich and complex mix of serious films, funny films and fanciful films.
    No other franchise anywhere can produce films as diverse as OHMSS in 1969, MR in 1979, LTK in 1989 and TWINE in 1999. Yet all of them can only be Bond films.

DAF is as bizarre and slightly weird as Vegas itself. It will never be anyone's favourite Bond, but it belongs.
    Time for a Bond film which can lift a depressed mood :

For me it would be one of 3 ,either DAF,MR or DAD.

How about you lot ?
    You Only Live Twice
    Any of those three would lift my mood. Pure over the top fun. DAD is a film I find growing in my appreciation. Sure it’s got its flaws, but it’s a whole lot of fun.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited June 2019 Posts: 23,102
    OHMSS if I am drunk depressed and need to delve deep into my emotions, though QoS effectively changes my depression into aggression.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    DAF. Always puts me in a better mood
    Depressed... let me see. Must be MR. I know because I remember using MR as some sort of therapy when relationships ended badly. Devoid of obvious romance, filled with silliness and escapism, MR is always my first choice to get me in a better mood.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 19,339
    So,there you are,bored as heck,but have time for a Bond flick,which one would you pick first to relieve the boredom ?
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 17,241
    DAF or AVTAK, perhaps – although any of the Roger Moore films would do!
    GF because that one gets me in the right mood every time.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    RE: (2) Angry: Skyfall, Spectre, CR. Mabey even QOS. Tricker agression of course, high level agression in those movies.

RE: (4) Depressed:
    Yolt and Moonraker, TLD and FYEO mabey. Moonraker because you can sleep. QOS.

RE: (5) Bored: As long time Bond fan, i have seen some of those movies so much that it be dificult. But Twine and GE.
    Oooer missus.

Feeling frisky,girlfriend not home yet ?

Pick a Bond to help the time go past !!
    That's a tough one. I think I'd almost go for NSNA. It's my least-watched Bond film, so the distraction of possibly discovering things I haven't seen before may be helpful.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Any Bond film with the Character Domino
    THUNDERBALL