Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Regardless of whatever social agendas you're for or against and the fact that people can't seem to learn to put them aside while watching films, James Cameron has always been one to put women in heavily important and/or main roles in his films. Even when not directing, it's just his thing. Get the hell over it.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Regardless of whatever social agendas you're for or against and the fact that people can't seem to learn to put them aside while watching films, James Cameron has always been one to put women in heavily important and/or main roles in his films. Even when not directing, it's just his thing. Get the hell over it.

My social agenda is strength and character. Wai Lin & Pam Bouvier are my favourite Bond girls. Sarah Connor and Ellen Ripley are my favourite sci-fi movie ladies. Buffy Summers & Max Guevarra my favourite TV femme fatales. Colour me a feminist. ;)
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited June 2019 Posts: 3,157

Which is actually a good thing. Everyone seems to misunderstand the point of these criticism. Having strong female characters (like Sarah Connor) is a good thing, killing off a male character only to replace him with a female counterpart (undoing everything that was stated in the previous entries) is not.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Walecs wrote: »

Which is actually a good thing. Everyone seems to misunderstand the point of these criticism. Having strong female characters (like Sarah Connor) is a good thing, killing off a male character only to replace him with a female counterpart (undoing everything that was stated in the previous entries) is not.

But at the moment, we have no idea if that's really the plot. Jumping the gun and crying about the "feminist agenda" is just, in my opinion, stupid.

But at the moment, we have no idea if that's really the plot. Jumping the gun and crying about the "feminist agenda" is just, in my opinion, stupid.

Agreed, which is why I said that I'd hate the idea only if the theory is true.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The Extended Version of T2 Plays with the idea of Sarah Connor getting close to becoming a Terminator herself. It seems now she completed the Transition. Not sure what to think of it. I would have found it endlessly cooler if we´d seen Arnold do the line, and then Sarah going, "Yeah? Well, I am back, you soab."
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    hand-drawn-movie-posters-from-ghana-35.jpg
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    terminator-dark-fate-excl.jpg

I notice a recurring theme :P

arnold-schwarzenegger-predator-983174.jpg
    expendables-schwarzenegger-biggun.jpg
    If there are no helicopters in it with the catchphrase I shall be disappointed.
    hand-drawn-movie-posters-from-ghana-35.jpg
    That´s a great Picture! I hope I don´t Sound too arrogant when I say the face reminds me of a crossover between Steven Segal and Danny Trejo :-)).

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    boldfinger wrote: »

Deep Fakes are ridiculously good now, the technology is a bit scary
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited June 2019 Posts: 45,489

??? I remember Schwarzenegger in this one. Must be the Mengele Effect.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

I am still convinced Dolly had braces in Moonraker

=))
    If you like that, you’re gonna love this:

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    High probability of the 2nd trailer for Terminator: Dark Fate to drop later today (around 7pm UK time).
    Thanks for the update.
    All of Miller’s quotes above are focused on the new Terminators – but what about the O.G.? The classic? The T-800, aka Arnold Schwarzenegger? Arnold is in the film, and the trailer shows him looking considerably older than we’re used to, complete with a salt-and-pepper beard. So what’s the deal what that? Miller is being cagey, but he does say: “I don’t think people will be ready for what Arnold has become either, because it’s very different.”

So what could that mean? Is Arnold even playing the T-800 this time? Or is he a completely different character? Or human, even? We’ll find out when Terminator: Dark Fate opens November 1.

Hmm... sounds interesting. I do recall reading Schwarzenegger was playing two roles in Dark Fate but I've no idea if that's accurate or not. Be quite a bold move to see him playing a human and not a Terminator robot.
    High probability of the 2nd trailer for Terminator: Dark Fate to drop later today (around 7pm UK time).

Terminator: Dark Fate trailer #2 confirmed to arrive in just over 5 hours time.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Not a trailer, but still some new footage in there...

Looks interesting, Arnie is the reason I will watch this. Though I do wonder if Cameron believes a word of what he says
    That looks good.
    edited July 2019 Posts: 23,102

Spoilers

Major Spoilers IGN Comic Con Cast interview, talk about giving away half a movie.

WT...
    Edward Furlong is back, I missed that news.
  • Save your money folks and make a donation to a charitable cause such as helping to feed the homeless instead of watching this film. Regardless of the social message, that's not the point, it's being made to milk a cash cow.

SAVE YOUR MONEY
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Not a trailer, but still some new footage in there...

That footage looks awesome, better than the trailer, especially the CGI. I hope this film will be super successful. It will also set a precedent for Bond, with all the ridiculous and made up controversy around both films now.
    Save your money folks and make a donation to a charitable cause such as helping to feed the homeless instead of watching this film. Regardless of the social message, that's not the point, it's being made to milk a cash cow.

SAVE YOUR MONEY

+1
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 1,661
    Potential major spoiler alert. Please do not click below if you want to remain spoiler free. Apparently Arnold Schwarzenegger is
    playing a T800 called Carl.Yep, future killer robots have names. I assume this T800 broke its command program and chose to become a simulated human hence the name Carl? That would make story sense, I guess. No confirmation he's playing any other character but that was rumored when the film went into production.
    Danni (the young woman) is a future resistance leader.
    Skynet is no longer the villain. 'Legion' is the new baddie. A computer program (?) that rose to power because the events of T2 never happened. John Connor died before he led the resistance.

It's hard to know if all this will make any sense but it seems as if the makers of Dark Fate are pushing forward with some new ideas rather than concentrating too much on past continuity.

hexlq443nvh31.png
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Indeed. But then again, the very fact the movement is named "feminism" it involuntarily pushes female over male.

This is inaccurate. Groups fighting for equality that do not have it are mistaken by groups in power as wanting more than they deserve. It's a defense/denial mechanism.
    Gender equality movements should make males and females compliment each other better. I don´t see how feminism achieving that.

Well, some of the more radical elements of "feminism" scare me. For instance, and this is controversial: the battle against prostitution. Of course there are minors, of course there are human traffickers involved. But the majority of the women do it out of their own free will. A friend of mine did it for 5 years (and has now long quit the "business").