No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Univex wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    Not Bond at all...

@talos7, have you read my hypothesis? Just speculation and wild guessing, but there are many ways this could fit the narrative in an interesting way. More interesting than having HMG issue an hypercar to a (secret) agent. Now that would be ludicrous.

One small reason why I love CR so much is the little detail of the Aston Martin DBS actually being a logical fit for Bond's cover as a professional gambler. So this hypothesis makes a great deal of sense, even though I'm not a fan of the car's design.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    talos7 wrote: »
    Not Bond at all...

@talos7, have you read my hypothesis? Just speculation and wild guessing, but there are many ways this could fit the narrative in an interesting way. More interesting than having HMG issue an hypercar to a (secret) agent. Now that would be ludicrous.

One small reason why I love CR so much is the little detail of the Aston Martin DBS actually being a logical fit for Bond's cover as a professional gambler. So this hypothesis makes a great deal of sense, even though I'm not a fan of the car's design.

+1

• dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    While cool cars are nice in a Bond film, I just can't mentally buy that an MI6 agent would be given a car that's so flashy and so precious. I mean, they are spies, their job is to blend in. I mean, I understand it's a movie, but even a DBS or similar cars, while fancy, can blend in if you're not noticing.
    While cool cars are nice in a Bond film, I just can't mentally buy that an MI6 agent would be given a car that's so flashy and so precious. I mean, they are spies, their job is to blend in. I mean, I understand it's a movie, but even a DBS or similar cars, while fancy, can blend in if you're not noticing.

Absolutely. It'll be ludicrous if they give this car as a company car to a 00. If they do, we're in DUD territory, immediately, invisible or not.
    Hopefully it will make sense in the story's context. It's almost like a Formula One car - maybe we're getting something like the racing scene in Trigger Mortis that was lifted straight from Fleming.
    Hopefully it will make sense in the story's context. It's almost like a Formula One car - maybe we're getting something like the racing scene in Trigger Mortis that was lifted straight from Fleming.

Never read the continuation novels. Can you tell me a bit about the racing scene in TM? Why was it lifted straight from Fleming?

And yes, I think it can work if given a proper context. If this speculation about Lynch being
    and having this car turns out to be true, we'll be in DUD territory, as far as I'm concerned.
    edited June 2019 Posts: 8,009

Never read the continuation novels. Can you tell me a bit about the racing scene in TM? Why was it lifted straight from Fleming?

Horowitz adapted the plot from Murder On Wheels, which was an unused Fleming manuscript at the time, and had Bond undercover at the Nürburgring as a race car driver to stop a SMERSH assassination of a British driver. Bond runs the Russian driver off the road before he can complete the mission. Fleming used Sterling Moss as the driver in his short story but Horowitz had a fictional driver in his.

Haven't seen any indication that we're getting something inspired by that here. But who knows.

Horowitz adapted the plot from Murder On Wheels, which was an unused Fleming manuscript at the time, and had Bond undercover at the Nürburgring as a race car driver to stop a SMERSH assassination of a British driver. Bond runs the Russian driver off the road before he can complete the mission. Fleming used Sterling Moss as the driver in his short story but Horowitz had a fictional driver in his.

Haven't seen any indication that we're getting something inspired by that here. But who knows.

That would be brilliant. Thanks.
    manover wrote: »
    To each their own..im sure the engineering is impressive..
    Just doesnt look like a bond car for a bond movie..
    What is a Bond car? I have the greatest of times imagining Craig being chased on the villains premises, needing a car urgently, spotting that one in a Hangar, and roaring down some exotic landscapes. I wouldn´t even mind the elderly couple from SF commenting on it when it cuts them off at a traffic light. Done Right that would be totally Bondian in my eyes. As Long as they don´t give Craig any Moore lines ;-).

boldfinger wrote: »
    What is a Bond car? I have the greatest of times imagining Craig being chased on the villains premises, needing a car urgently, spotting that one in a Hangar, and roaring down some exotic landscapes. I wouldn´t even mind the elderly couple from SF commenting on it when it cuts them off at a traffic light. Done Right that would be totally Bondian in my eyes. As Long as they don´t give Craig any Moore lines ;-).
    +1
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium

As long as they don't insert any slide whistle noises, they should be good. :)
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada

Behind the scenes photo. Is the Portland Down sequence next up after the explosion??
    Bentley007 wrote: »

Behind the scenes photo. Is the Portland Down sequence next up after the explosion??

Anyone can grab and enlarge those screens? ;)
    Oh goodie. Now that seems to be a nicely fitted suit on Craig. This reminds of when Charles and Diana visited the TLD set.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    How long before the tabloids cock up and announce Prince Charles as the new Bond!?
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 6,665
    Bond has a tie pin. Why oh why.

That drama aside. Fiennes looks great, so does Naomi, and Lynch being there almost confirms what she plays in the film, doesn't it?
    Great photos.

I notice Bond has a visitors pass in the photo of the monitor and later on it's absent. I guess Ralph just can't resist Dan's charms.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Was hoping they'd change Naomie's look, but nevertheless, it's awesome to see some set photos. Looks like some key MI6 scenes are being shot today.
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine

It is also indication that cast and crew have very busy schedule and are trying to catch the time. This week is also a week of night shoots and we see that some filming took place earlier (according to timing of tweet and "today" reference from the tweet). It is just extremeny exhausting schedule for team. Return of Dan creates the need to work very-very hard to film all the needed scenes with him.
    Nice to see the classic Bond/M setup! Hopefully a great scene. Glad to see Craig again.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    So Lynch is definitely an MI6 agent.
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    matt_u wrote: »

Maybe MI6 resident in Caribbean, particularly Jamaica.
    edited June 2019 Posts: 4,343
    Pavlo wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »

Maybe MI6 resident in Caribbean, particularly Jamaica.

She's definitely part of this scene with Bond, M and Moneypenny in London. I'm really curious about her role, first meant for Lupita.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
  • echoecho 007 in New York

And, after the events of SP, the slow driver from Rome has retired to a quiet life in Matera. And then...
    Red_Snow wrote: »

Wow, thank you. There's a Judi Dench M portrait hanging on some wall.
    I don’t know how I missed the Judi Dench M painting before in the pictures. Very cool!

And yes I think it’s safe to say at this point Lynch will be an MI6 agent.