Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited September 2017 Posts: 40,459
    @RogueAgent, looks like a weapons dealer, likely someone that'll pop up for a five minute scene and disappear after. Would be nice to be wrong, though, I like Nick Frost.

First footage from Wes Anderson's 'Isle of Dogs,' full trailer tomorrow:

EDIT: First trailer for 'Wonderstruck':

I know I probably shouldn't spend money to see this in theaters (what with BLADE RUNNER, MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS, LAST JEDI, WONDER WHEEL, PHANTOM THREAD, LADY BIRD, and THE SHAPE OF WATER all coming up in the next few months) but blast it I will.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited September 2017 Posts: 13,894
    Looks lie it might be worth seeing. Glen doesn't
    Murdock wrote: »
    Tomb Raider official trailer.

I am still not completely sold on Vikander as Lara Croft (why a British actress couldn't have been cast, I don't know), however that does look faithful to the rebooted series.
    New trailer for Netflix's 'The Meyerowitz Stories':

Although the trailer did make me laugh, this will not be a cinema trip for me.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    That s just dumb. All the Ferdinand we need is this:
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited September 2017 Posts: 15,690
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego @Creasy47 @ClarkDevlin

The Equalizer 2 will be released earlier than planned: the film has moved up from September 14, 2018 to August 10, 2018, which means it now shares the same release date as the Scarface remake and the big budget sci-fi action/horror film Meg with Jason Statham. And of course, Mission Impossible 6 is targetted for a July 27, 2018 release, and The Predator on August 3, 2018.

Murder on the Orient Express looks very, very good. And the new trailer is a vast improvement on the 1st one thanks to removing the awful song choice. Very impressive cast, cinematography and atmosphere.

As for The Commuter, I really like that Caumet-Serra has taken the intensity of the single location of ''Non Stop'' with the very cool style of directing that 'Run All Night' featured. Also, shame Liam Neeson is retiring from action films, there is a mighty impressive fist-fight in that new trailer.
    If anyone wants to go into 'The Commuter' knowing as little as possible, don't watch that new trailer. Pretty spoilerish.

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Thanks @Creasy47. I will pass on the trailer (I may have to do that on many upcoming releases due to this incessant habit of revealing too much in them these days).
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego @Creasy47 @ClarkDevlin

Trailer for the South African western Five Fingers for Marseilles, looks absolutely fantastic:

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    RE Murder On The Orient Express: ARRRGGGGHHHH! That bloody moustache looks worse every time I see it. Who the heck thought that balancing a dead ferret on Branaghs upper lip was a good idea? There is no way I can take him seriously, it's distracting.
    As for The Commuter, I really like that Caumet-Serra has taken the intensity of the single location of ''Non Stop'' with the very cool style of directing that 'Run All Night' featured. Also, shame Liam Neeson is retiring from action films, there is a mighty impressive fist-fight in that new trailer.

I don't think this is going to be popular, but Caumet-Serra is exactly the sort of director I would like to see at the helm of Bond #25.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I really don't think Branagh's MOTOE can match up to Lumet's version, I know some don't like Finney's Poirot and Suchet is easily the best HP full stop.

Although the production is top notch, the cast is superb, it's brilliantly staged whenever my Wife and I watch it we thoroughly enjoy it despite we know the outcome, the produtions values are hugely impressive it looks so lavish.

It has a real atmosphere to it and the score adds a real mood to it. I've just pre ordered the new restorations of this Death On The Nile & Evil Under The Sun on Blu ray, should be a treat over the Christmas holidays.

Not sure I'll be bothering with Branagh's MOTOE, the cast is nowhere on a par and if they mess about it with it to give it a new spin then that would be sacrelidge.

Strangely as much as my Wife and I love Suchet's Poirot it's still the Lumet version that remains the definitive one, even the best HP couldn't top this.

Isle of Dogs looks great, loved his version of Fantastic Mr Fox and Grand Budapest Hotel was delightful.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Looks interesting

Documentary airing on HBO early next month but I thought perhaps relevant for this thread.
    Avatar 2 finally begins filming:

http://www.slashfilm.com/avatar-2-begins-shooting/
    Sounds great. Really looking forward to them.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I thought it already was in production to be honest?

Here are the very first images from the production of Martin Scorsese's The Irishman, featuring Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, Joe Pesci, Bobby Cannavale, Harvey Keitel, and Ray Romano.

49851440.jpg
    17070370.jpg
    14660160.jpg
    22226850.jpg
    24810940.jpg
    The old gang back together. Sounds fun.

1st official picture of Annihilation, directed by Alex Garland ('Ex Machina'), featuring Natalie Portman, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Gina Rodriguez and Oscar Isaac.

The plot: A biologist signs up for a dangerous, secret expedition where the laws of nature don't apply.

Release date: February 23, 2018.

annihilation-natalie-portman.jpg
    I thought EX MACHINA was quite well done, so I'm on board with Garland. Also love Portman. Very much looking forward to this one.
    Antonio Banderas is a total legend! I can't wait to see this! :D
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Damn straight! :D
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited September 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Banderas is kicking some serious 'a' in that trailer. Looks like Wick has a competitor.
    Strog wrote: »
    I thought EX MACHINA was quite well done, so I'm on board with Garland. Also love Portman. Very much looking forward to this one.
    Likewise. Garland is an interesting director & that's a great cast he's assembled. On the back of Ex Machina I thought he could be a decent choice for Bond (once they soft reboot post-Craig) as well.
    Here are the very first images from the production of Martin Scorsese's The Irishman, featuring Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, Joe Pesci, Bobby Cannavale, Harvey Keitel, and Ray Romano.
    22226850.jpg
    Those are some serious platform shoes!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    French poster for the Jackie Chan/Pierce Brosnan thriller.

DKqybQ0XkAA-Nok.jpg