Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Wow, so A24 + Joel Coen + the Macbeth tale, starring Washington and McDormand? I cannot wait to see that.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Matt Damon is reportedly set to reprise his role of Jason Bourne in the 6th installment of the franchise.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2481543/another-bourne-movie-is-in-the-works-and-itll-tie-into-the-treadstone-tv-show
    Matt Damon is reportedly set to reprise his role of Jason Bourne in the 6th installment of the franchise.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2481543/another-bourne-movie-is-in-the-works-and-itll-tie-into-the-treadstone-tv-show

Hmmmm! Interesting? Did not expect that to be honest!
    I very much like the last film, so I won't complain :-).
    boldfinger wrote: »
    I very much like the last film, so I won't complain :-).

+1
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Oh, balls.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    International trailer for the South Korean thriller The Divine Move 2: The Wrathful:

@bondjames @MajorDSmythe @boldfinger @DarthDimi

For the first time since Revolver in 2005, Guy Ritchie & Jason Statham will team up for the action thriller Le Convoyeur.

Based on the 2004 French film of the same name, the plot follows H, a cold and mysterious character working at a cash truck company responsible for moving hundreds of millions of dollars around Los Angeles each week. Weaving through a suspenseful and carefully constructed narrative, the film shifts across timelines and between various characters’ perspectives for a thrilling and mind-bending experience.

https://deadline.com/2019/10/jason-statham-guy-ritchie-new-movie-le-convoyeur-remake-miramax-1202754022/
    edited October 2019 Posts: 40,370
    The Matrix 4 casts Yahya Abdul-Mateen II in a lead role:

https://collider.com/the-matrix-4-yahya-abdul-mateen-ii-cast/

earthquake-bird-poster.jpg

doctor-sleep-poster-ewan-mcgregor.jpg
    edited October 2019 Posts: 15,686
    Director Jesse V. Johnson and both lead actors, Scott Adkins & Louis Mandylor are back in The Debt Collector 2.

The film is currently in post-production, so hopefully a trailer will be released soon.

In the meantime, here's the trailer for the original film, released in 2018:

----

drz7sxqvqpr31.jpg
    edited October 2019 Posts: 40,370

rattlesnake-poster.jpeg
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Director Jesse V. Johnson and both lead actors, Scott Adkins & Louis Mandylor are back in The Debt Collector 2.

The film is currently in post-production, so hopefully a trailer will be released soon.

In the meantime, here's the trailer for the original film, released in 2018:

I need to pick up a copy of the first film.

charlies-angels-ver5-xlg.jpg
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

I own the trilogy though not bothered with the last two films
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

That it is. Movie looks like fun as well.

That it is. Movie looks like fun as well.

Indeed! Might make a very rare exception re. Disney films and watch this one.

charlies-angels-ver5-xlg.jpg

Not for me!

This looks a lot more fun to me!!!
    Dwayne Johnson looks helplessly out of place in that uniform, but he´ll probably be fun nonetheless.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Charlies Angels looks like a disaster.
    talos7 wrote: »

That's an understatement.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Well, while the "source material" may not be high brow entertainment, the ladies featured had a certain sexy, sophisticated , intelligent appeal; this looks like garbage, and is typical of so many films today, particularly featuring female protagonist, in that filmmakers feel the need to present them as edgy, ass kicking badasses. This is hardly empowering.

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2019 Posts: 23,102
    The film makers of Charlie's Angels are clearly confused on what messages they are trying to make, the women are branded like cattle in the trailer. The film looks like garbage
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited October 2019 Posts: 13,882
    I'm really baffled by the choice of Kristen Stewart. If is as if they went out of their way to cast a plain looking actress, just so they could get up on their soapbox, and cry "sexism" if anyone questions why she is even there. Setting aside her private (or not so..) life, who they should have cast is Amber Heard. At least she's hotter than a match head, and brimming with sex appeal.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 5,767
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Well, while the "source material" may not be high brow entertainment, the ladies featured had a certain sexy, sophisticated , intelligent appeal; this looks like garbage, and is typical of so many films today, particularly featuring female protagonist, in that filmmakers feel the need to present them as edgy, ass kicking badasses. This is hardly empowering.

I don´t mind egdy, ass kicking badasses, but the presentation should succeed and not look like a failed attempt.

I'm really baffled by the choice of Kristen Stewart. If is as if they went out of their way to cast a plain looking actress, just so they could get up on their soapbox, and cry "sexism" if anyone questions why she is even there. Setting aside her private (or not so..) life, who they should have cast is Amber Heard. At least she's hotter than a match head, and brimming with sex appeal.
    Charlie´s Angels are three and not one, but as you mention her, I can´t stop myself saying Amber Heard was one of the best things in Aquaman, and I find a lot of good things in that movie. I can´t think of a Marvel heroine I like better. Even though Black Widow improved a lot by being humanised in Endgame.
    Makes me wonder how the trio of Amber Heard, ScarJo and Zoe Saldana would have worked :-). Probably not good for the budget ;-).

Charlie´s Angels are three and not one, but as you mention her, I can´t stop myself saying Amber Heard was one of the best things in Aquaman, and I find a lot of good things in that movie. I can´t think of a Marvel heroine I like better. Even though Black Widow improved a lot by being humanised in Endgame.

That goes without, I didn't anything to the contrary. What I am saying is that Kristen Stewart doesn't fit as an Angel. It would be like casing the plainest looking, most uncharasmatic guy as Cassanova, just to make some sort of statement.
    And my point, dear @Major, was that the other two don´t fit much better ;-).
    And my point, dear @Major, was that the other two don´t fit much better ;-).

Ah, now I see. #-o I think the other two are attractive, Stewart is the one who is the square peg.
    amww3trro6s31.jpg