Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I love Strathairn, the cast for this film is simply insane. Hopefully del Toro can deliver yet again after the fantastic The Shape Of Water.

Strathairn seems like he was pulled from the 1950's/1960's via a time machine and brought straight to the 21st century. His looks, mannerisms, demeanor and voice are all perfectly old school. And he's also very talented. Greatly underrated actor.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    David Strathairn joins Bradley Cooper, Toni Collette, Rooney Mara and Cate Blanchett in Guillermo Del Toro's Nightmare Alley.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/david-strathairn-joins-bradley-cooper-guillermo-del-toros-noir-thriller-nightmare-alley-1243963

This sounds like a must-see.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    October 2019 preview:

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    1917 looks fantastic. Crazy how Mendes easily wows me with his non-Bond films, yet his work in our beloved series is some of my least favorite, unfortunately. I didn't have plans to see anything else in theaters this year, but I might have to make an exception for this one.
  • BondStuBondStu Moonraker 6
    Got my ticket booked for Joker on Friday. Can't wait for that one.
    ne6om0ylzqp31.jpg
    "From the director of Skyfall" Wow. When was the last time a movie this prestigious was marketed with a Bond film?
    Never, AFAIK.
    "From the director of Skyfall" Wow. When was the last time a movie this prestigious was marketed with a Bond film?

Good point. But shouldn't it be 007 Skyfall?
  • Univex wrote: »

Quite telling to me that Mendes is not billed as "the director of Spectre."
    octofinger wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »

That too.
    edited October 2019 Posts: 15,686
    First trailer for Clint Eastwood's Richard Jewell is due to arrive in the coming days.

American security guard Richard Jewell heroically saves thousands of lives from an exploding bomb at the 1996 Olympics, but is unjustly vilified by journalists and the press who falsely report that he was a terrorist.

Starring: Paul Walter Hauser, Kathy Bates, Sam Rockwell, Olivia Wilde and Jon Hamm.
    @bondjames @boldfinger @DarthDimi @MajorDSmythe

First trailer for Michael Bay's 6 Underground:

----

First trailer for Birds of Prey:

----

First official stills and poster for Guy Ritchie's new crime/gangster flick, The Gentlemen:

tg-00522-01.jpg
    tg-05974-02.jpg
    tg-07314-03.jpg
    tg-08279-04.jpg

h-Onn-MNXxbnj-Wlw-Y1-fv-XMS2-X-y-Xd6h-Spd8l-Ucm-VTWo.jpg

----

Production has started on Kenneth Branagh's Death on the Nile.

The full cast has been announced: Kenneth Branagh, Annette Bening, Russell Brand, Ali Fazal, Dawn French, Gal Gadot, Armie Hammer, Rose Leslie, Emma Mackey, Sophie Okonedo, Jennifer Saunders and Letitia Wright.

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2019/10/death-on-the-nile-begins-filming-full-cast-announced/
    Eddie Murphy will be returning for another Beverly Hills Cop installment after finishing up Coming to America 2:

http://collider.com/eddie-murphy-interview-beverly-hills-cop-4-snl/
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    octofinger wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »

They just put his highest-grossing and better perceived film, alongside the "big" ones.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2019 Posts: 23,102
    Looking at the Death on the Nile cast I can hazard a great guess who the killer(s) are. I also suspect Gal Gadot will play the Lois Chiles character.

The Gentlemen looks interesting, I quite like the poster

Coming to America is one of my favorites watched it hundreds of times in my youth, looking forward to the sequel.

tumblr_m138dl0F7f1qhjbxeo1_250.gif
    First trailer for The Personal History of David Copperfield, starring Dev Patel, Ben Whishaw, Tilda Swinton, Hugh Laurie, Peter Capaldi, Benedict Wong & Gwendoline Christie:

bad-boys-for-life-poster-405x600.jpg

----

43n7l5xsp5q31.jpg
    edited October 2019 Posts: 40,368

The first images from Clint Eastwood's latest, Richard Jewell:

http://collider.com/richard-jewell-images-paul-walter-hauser/
    First trailer for Clint Eastwood's Richard Jewell confirmed to arrive later today (October 3rd).
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 5,767
    And all of a sudden there's a whole string of films I want to see. No, not Birds of Prey. But 6 Underground (looks a bit like Michael Bay picking up the glove of competing with BB3) , The Gentlemen (can't resist that cast) , Eddie Murphy x2, David Copperfield (wasn't interested until I saw the name Armando Ianucci), BB for Life, Richard Jewell.
    Where to start? Life is good :-).
    After 10 years of waiting, James Cameron has finally posted the very first image (Behind-the-scenes shot) of Avatar 2:

EF4y-Wm-HUw-AEt12c.jpg

----

Dean DeBlois, the director of the How To Train Your Dragon trilogy, will make his live-action debut with an adaptation of Treasure Island.

https://deadline.com/2019/10/dean-deblois-directing-treasure-island-universal-mandeville-films-micronauts-1202750658/
    @DarthDimi @MajorDSmythe @bondjames @boldfinger

First trailer for Clint Eastwood's Richard Jewell:

----

First official image of The Banker, starring Samuel L Jackson, Anthony Mackie & Nicholas Hoult:

a6kaotoj8dq31.jpg

The story of one of the first African American bankers in the US.

----

A bank teller discovers that he's actually an non-playable character inside a brutal, open world video game.

dgk9kch39dq31.jpg

----

Ciara Bravo, Bill Skarsgard & Jack Reynor join Tom Holland in Cherry.

An Army medic (Holland) suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder becomes a serial bank robber after an addiction to drugs puts him in debt.

https://collider.com/russo-brothers-cherry-cast-ciara-bravo-bill-skarsgard-jack-reynor/

Directed by: The Russo Brothers.

Certainly looks impressive! Kind of reminds me of Saving Private Ryan.
    Neill Blomkamp will write & direct Inferno.

https://hnentertainment.co/exclusive-neill-blomkamp-to-write-direct-next-feature-film-inferno-for-miramax/

----

Joel Coen's adaptation of Macbeth, starring Denzel Washington and Frances McDormand, is set to start production in February 2020.

https://discussingfilm.net/2019/10/02/a24s-macbeth-eyeing-to-begin-filming-in-early-february-exclusive/