Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited October 2018 Posts: 15,686
    @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @doubleoego @DarthDimi @ClarkDevlin

lu4tzw4dc6u11.jpg

----

The new collaboration between Martin Scorsese and Leonardo Dicaprio is confirmed: Killers of the Flower Moon, and will start production in Summer 2019.

The story is set in 1920s Oklahoma and revolves around the Osage Nation, who were the richest people per capita in the world, after oil was discovered under their land and then they were murdered, one by one. As the death toll rose, the newly created FBI took up the case and unraveled a chilling conspiracy and one of the most monstrous crimes in American history.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited October 2018 Posts: 23,883
    Tom Cruise confirms Hans Zimmer will be on soundtrack duties for Top Gun: Maverick, in collaboration with Harold Faltermeyer (who did the score for the previous 1986 outing).
    This is great news. I like Faltermeyer's synthesizer beat scores, including the ones he did for Beverly Hills Cop, Fletch and Miami Vice (Crockett's Theme). It will be interesting to see how he collaborates with Zimmer.
    lu4tzw4dc6u11.jpg
    Great poster.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    @DaltonCraig007 late 2020 release for the DiCaprio film , one assumes?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @DaltonCraig007 late 2020 release for the DiCaprio film , one assumes?

@JamesBondKenya One would be correct, yes. Also, this could potentially be the first Scorsese film to feature both Leonardo DiCaprio and Robert De Niro, as both of them were eyed to portray the 2 main FBI agents when Scorsese first got attached to this project.

----

@bondjames @MajorDSmythe @doubleoego @DarthDimi @ClarkDevlin @Creasy47

Taylor Sheridan (Sicario, Soldado, Hell or High Water, Wind River) has confirmed his next project as director & writer: Fast (current working title).

The film follows a former special forces commando, who is recruited by the DEA to lead a black ops strike team targeting drug dealers who are protected by the CIA.

Chris Pratt is in final negotiations to portray the lead role.

----

New international trailer for The Front Runner:

New international trailer for The Front Runner:

Looking good. It's amazing how politics has changed. What they brought him down for probably wouldn't even cause a blink these days.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    This is a must-see for me! The trailer alone makes you crave for it!
    That's an awesome trailer for sure. Vintage Liam badassery. Emmy Rossum looks great (hasn't aged a bit).
  • edited October 2018 Posts: 5,774

Emily Blunt looks scrumptious. Practically perfect in every way, indeed.
    New trailer for How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World :

Probably just me but I think Miss Blunt comes over a tad colder than Julia Andrews as Poppins. might have something to do with her over-exaggerated, clipped English accent? That said, it's a kid's movie and kids ain't critics so they'll most likely love it.

Gotta admit, that new Neeson movie looks good. Though I think they've shown way too much in the trailer already.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Jamie Lee Curtis Signs On For Rian Johnson’s Knives Out
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

The international trailer for Cold Pursuit is a bit better than the domestic, I think.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Doesn't look that great, tbh.
    edited October 2018 Posts: 23,883
    Liam's not messing about. Expect pain. Lots of it, and not just for the cars.

I prefer that international trailer to the domestic one too. It looks like there will be some humour interspersed with the violence. A bit pulpy.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    bondjames wrote: »
    Liam's not messing about. Expect pain. Lots of it, and not just for the cars.

I prefer that international trailer to the domestic one too. It looks like there will be some humour interspersed with the violence. A bit pulpy.

Getting strong FARGO vibes from it. The humour actually caught me off-guard, a bit. I was expecting a generic thriller trailer with vraaaams and booms. Instead, we got this, and it looks like a lot of fun.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2018 Posts: 23,105

The international trailer for Cold Pursuit is a bit better than the domestic, I think.

Looks like a lot of fun, I may seek out the original film.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt2675914/?ref_=fn_al_tt_0
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

Liam Neeson fact #587: Liam can impale a car on a tree, with his own bare hands.
    @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @doubleoego @DarthDimi @ClarkDevlin @Creasy47

After Night Comes For Us, Indonesia is already back with this very cool looking sci-fi action flick, Foxtrot Six:

November 2018 preview:

Haha, what a likeable guy :-)!

And I think I also want to see Widows.
    A Private War... could this be Rosamund Pike's new Oscar shot for best actress?

----

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Nick Nolte was always a great actor. Dillon is looking more and more like James Garner.
    @Thunderfinger I really like Matt Dillon as an actor - very intense and charismatic. I wish he could do more films.
    bondsum wrote: »
    A Private War... could this be Rosamund Pike's new Oscar shot for best actress?
    She certainly seems on fire These days. She smoked it already in Hostiles.