Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    That Ethan Hawke action flick looks very, very badass!

----
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego @Creasy47 @ClarkDevlin

1st trailer for Hangman, starring Al Pacino and Karl Urban.

The plot: A homicide detective teams up with a criminal profiler to catch a serial killer whose crimes are inspired by the children's game Hangman.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited October 2017 Posts: 40,468
    Some new shots of Rami Malek as Freddie Mercury in the biopic coming next Christmas:

DMYo40FWkAELY6K.jpg

1st trailer for Hangman, starring Al Pacino and Karl Urban.

The plot: A homicide detective teams up with a criminal profiler to catch a serial killer whose crimes are inspired by the children's game Hangman.

The performances in that trailer look off.

He directed World War z
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Can't wait for Hangman!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego @Creasy47 @ClarkDevlin

13 seconds tease for the 1st trailer for the war film 12 Strong:

edited October 2017 Posts: 15,690

Full trailer for 12 Strong:

EDIT: 1st teaser trailer for I, Tonya with Margot Robbie and Sebastian Stan:

Trailer for the documentary Jim & Andy, about the production of the 1999 film 'Man on the Moon':

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Legend!

Adam McKay, the director of The Big Short, is back with another true-story political film: the still untitled Dick Cheney biopic.

It stars Christian Bale as Dick Cheney, Amy Adams as Lynn Cheney, Steve Carrell as Donald Rumsfeld, Tyler Perry as Colin Powell, Allison Pill as Mary Cheney and Sam Rockwell as George W Bush.

The picture below is not the actual Dick Cheney, but is in fact Christian Bale as Dick Cheney:
    DMiS_FnX4AAtLgg.jpg

And here is Amy Adams as Lynn Cheney:
    DMjGhhZV4AAusRV.jpg
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited October 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Bale is almost unrecognizable here. He continues to impress me with his diverse selection of roles and films. I'm really looking forward to this and I hope it does justice to the story of Barack Obama's distant relative (yes, they are in fact related, strange as that may seem).
    @bondjames I just checked the full cast on IMDB (I based my previous post on an article), and you'll be glad to know Bill Pullman is also featured in this film as Nelson Rockefeller.
    edited October 2017 Posts: 23,883
    The news gets better and better @DaltonCraig007. I'm an American political junkie so this is right up my alley. I just purchased Oliver Stones "W" and will be giving it a watch soon. PS: On another note, Mark Felt has been getting poor reviews. I'll still be watching it for Liam but am disappointed by the current RT rating. Snowman has been blasted too (I'll be seeing that one later today).
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    bondjames wrote: »
    Bale is almost unrecognizable here. He continues to impress me with his diverse selection of roles and films. I'm really looking forward to this and I hope it does justice to the story of Barack Obama's distant relative (yes, they are in fact related, strange as that may seem).

They are all related. I wonder if they will show him shooting that guy in the face.
    bondjames wrote: »

They are all related. I wonder if they will show him shooting that guy in the face.
    Given this is a Hollywood production, I'm quite certain they won't miss the chance. A career highlight, along with his culpability in the deaths of several Middle Easterners.
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 684
    Finally some details on PHANTOM THREAD, the new P.T. Anderson film that's supposedly Day-Lewis's last role;

https://thefilmstage.com/news/full-synopsis-unveiled-for-paul-thomas-andersons-phantom-thread/
    Set in the glamour of 1950s post-war London, renowned dressmaker Reynolds Woodcock (Daniel Day-Lewis) and his sister Cyril (Lesley Manville) are at the center of British fashion, dressing royalty, movie stars, heiresses, socialites, debutants and dames with the distinct style of The House of Woodcock. Women come and go through Woodcock’s life, providing the confirmed bachelor with inspiration and companionship, until he comes across a young, strong-willed woman, Alma (Vicky Krieps), who soon becomes a fixture in his life as his muse and lover. Once controlled and planned, he finds his carefully tailored life disrupted by love. With his latest film, Paul Thomas Anderson paints an illuminating portrait both of an artist on a creative journey, and the women who keep his world running. Phantom Thread is Paul Thomas Anderson’s eighth movie, and his second collaboration with Daniel Day-Lewis.

A very cool way of unveiling the poster for the upcoming The Predator installment, arriving August 2018:

A very cool way of unveiling the poster for the upcoming The Predator installment, arriving August 2018:

That is a very clever and unique way of revealing a poster!

1st trailer for the upcoming WW1 film Journey's End, starring Sam Claflin, Paul Bettany, Asa Butterfield, Stephen Graham, Toby Jones, Tom Sturridge and Robert Glenister:

To be released in February 2018 in the UK.
  • NSGWNSGW London
    edited October 2017 Posts: 299

First trailer for the new PTA film Phantom Thread which will be Daniel Day Lewis' final film, due out 2nd February, really looking forward to this!
    Give me more Liam Neeson badassery, The Commuter is a Day 1 for me!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    That looks pretty good.
    Looks alright. Pretty generic on the jump scares, but I've said for many years that they could craft a cool horror movie out of the Winchester House. Was always intrigued by that place.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    I cant decide whether to see suburbicon or not. It looks good but it’s RT isn’t so hot

Finally, the 1st trailer for Den of Thieves with Gerard Butler will be available online tomorrow:

I cant decide whether to see suburbicon or not. It looks good but it’s RT isn’t so hot
    My feeling from the trailer is an uneven or not easy to get tone.

Finally, the 1st trailer for Den of Thieves with Gerard Butler will be available online tomorrow:

Just saw Geostorm which wasn't as bad as I feared, so I'm actually open to another Butler film. Fiddy is an added bonus.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Gerard Butler talks Angel Has Fallen, the third outing in his Mike Banning series:

http://theactionelite.com/2017/10/gerard-butler-talks-angel-has-fallen/