Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Oooh. Tanner. Bond reference.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Nolan's upcoming film is expected to shoot in India, and costume designer Jeffrey Kurland (M:I Fallout, Collateral, Ocean's Eleven) has joined the production.

https://hnentertainment.co/christopher-nolans-next-film-expected-to-shoot-scenes-in-india-and-adds-inception-mission-impossible-fallout-costume-designer-jeffrey-kurland/
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Tanner gives me One-Eyed Jacks vibes.

The Marlon Brando film?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2019 Posts: 15,690

----

----

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited May 2019 Posts: 40,462

The Marlon Brando film?

That's the one.

Second trailer released for Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, as the film sets to premiere at Cannes any minute now (EDIT: Film has premiered, receiving a seven minute ovation at the end.)

That new trailer for Once Upon a Time... In Hollywood looks absolutely brilliant.

The Marlon Brando film?

That's the one.

Nice catch. Haven't seen One-Eyed Jacks, but the stills and the posters from it does indeed give a similar vibe. Tarantino is such a film buff himself, so he might have had certain films as inspiration for these Rick Dalton films/posters.
    Second trailer released for Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, as the film sets to premiere at Cannes any minute now (EDIT: Film has premiered, receiving a seven minute ovation at the end.)

Oooh, this looks great! I do get a bit of a different vibe to this one than many of his other films. Might just be the way the trailer is presented, but still.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Once Upon a Time... In Hollywood trailer does look good, I read about The Manson Family at University when studying Crime and Society, previous to that watched many documentary's. Its a terrible thing that happened that killed the sixties, I think Tarantino has to show a maturity in his film making that he has not showed before.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Once Upon a Time... In Hollywood trailer does look good, I read about The Manson Family at University when studying Crime and Society, previous to that watched many documentary's. Its a terrible thing that happened that killed the sixties, I think Tarantino has to show a maturity in his film making that he has not showed before.

Reviews seem to suggest this is the case, I can't wait, it looks glorious and something quite different from the man, while looking like a QT film, there is also something else about it that looks different.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited May 2019 Posts: 23,325
    Shardlake wrote: »

Reviews seem to suggest this is the case, I can't wait, it looks glorious and something quite different from the man, while looking like a QT film, there is also something else about it that looks different.

The Rick Dalton and stuntman dynamic will be interesting if Tarantino approaches it as a yin and yang duality arc, already in the trailer Pitts character is propping up the over emotional DiCaprio.

Dalton immediately to me seems a mirror of the decline of the 60's from what we have seen in the trailers, I think there will be the excess and cartoon like world of Hollywood for large parts of the film that will ultimately be brought crashing down to earth by a horrendous act.
    @bondjames @Creasy47 @ClarkDevlin @doubleoego @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi

Christopher Nolan's new film is officially titled Tenet.

The confirmed cast: Robert Pattinson, John David Washington, Elizabeth Debicki, Clémence Poésy, Dimple Kapadia, Michael Caine, Aaron Taylor-Johnson & Kenneth Branagh.

“Tenet,” which is being filmed on location across seven countries, is an action epic evolving from the world of international espionage.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/christopher-nolan-tenet-aaron-taylor-johnson-kenneth-branagh-1203223474/

Christopher Nolan's new film is officially titled Tenet.

The confirmed cast: Robert Pattinson, John David Washington, Elizabeth Debicki, Clémence Poésy, Dimple Kapadia, Michael Caine, Aaron Taylor-Johnson & Kenneth Branagh.

“Tenet,” which is being filmed on location across seven countries, is an action epic evolving from the world of international espionage.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/christopher-nolan-tenet-aaron-taylor-johnson-kenneth-branagh-1203223474/

Ahhh ha ha, yes!

In fairness, in recent years he's moved in to things like slavery and race in the American south, so I'd guess he's game for wrestling with 'tough' topics.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Confirmed trailers coming in the next days/weeks:

2nd trailer for Shaft.
    2nd trailer for Annabelle Comes Home.
    1st trailer for The Kitchen.
    1st trailer for In Fabric.
    1st trailer for The Goldfinch.

First official pictures of James Mangold's Ford vs Ferrari.

Po-Sx1-SP8-Mi-GR7i-YXVGM7x-Qzs-Dqdn-MUDOBp-GFwzk-Cp-AE.jpg
    QtgzDJi.jpg
    vPV30Fa.jpg
    HkYrgzK.jpg

The true story of the battle between Ford and Ferrari to win Le Mans in 1966.

Starring: Christian Bale, Matt Damon, Jon Bernthal and Josh Lucas.

Release date: November 15, 2019.

----

The live-action adaptation of Akira, directed by Taika Waititi, will be released on May 21, 2021 (same day as John Wick 4).

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/akira-movie-release-date-set-sets-may-2021-1213499
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Sonic movie delayd for 3 5 months

http://www.darkhorizons.com/sonic-movie-delayed-three-months-to-2020/
    “Sonic” Movie Delayed Three Months To 2020
    Paramount Pictures has delayed its “Sonic the Hedgehog” movie by three months, pushing it back from November 8th to a Valentine’s Day 2020 release.

The delay comes in the wake of heavy criticism earlier this month to the movie’s first trailer with much of that focused on the CG blue hedgehog character’s appearance and design – particularly his eyes, teeth and the shape of his appendages.

14 February 2020, we have read that before. 08 April 2020 ;)
    The live-action adaptation of Akira, directed by Taika Waititi, will be released on May 21, 2021 (same day as John Wick 4).

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/akira-movie-release-date-set-sets-may-2021-1213499
    Taika Waititi is either a brave man or a true visionary, to take on such a seemingly superfluous project.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Once Upon A Time In Hollywood movie-within-a-movie poster released:

once-upon-a-time-in-hollywood-rick-dalton-poster.jpg

All these fake posters are great. Especially Operazione Dyn-o-mite. I'd watch that film if it existed. First thing that came to mind reading the title was Operazione San Gennaro.
    First trailer for the South Korean crime/action flick The Beast:

To get a critical clue on catching a notorious murderer, Detective Han-Soo covers up another murder.

----

First official pictures of Pixar's Onward:

5ymvSxq.jpg
    vrR3jk4.jpg
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    I don't like how CGI films animate facial expressions. I find it seriously annoying.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    I don't like how CGI films animate facial expressions. I find it seriously annoying.
    The Incredibles had very good facial expressions. But I get what you mean and agree in General.

First official pictures of James Mangold's Ford vs Ferrari.

Po-Sx1-SP8-Mi-GR7i-YXVGM7x-Qzs-Dqdn-MUDOBp-GFwzk-Cp-AE.jpg
    QtgzDJi.jpg
    vPV30Fa.jpg
    HkYrgzK.jpg

The true story of the battle between Ford and Ferrari to win Le Mans in 1966.

Starring: Christian Bale, Matt Damon, Jon Bernthal and Josh Lucas.

Release date: November 15, 2019.

----

Very much looking forwards to this, even though it's a Ford win with the GT40. As much as Henry Ford changed the world, Ferrari gave the machine a heart, one with alfista's roots, no less. So I'm all for Ferrari, even if Enzo was intolerable. Anyways, a LeMans film with Christian Bale, I'm in!!

----

----

First trailer for Pixar's Onward debuting later today.

k39doh612d131.jpg

----

First promo material for Kong vs Godzilla:

zukp07416d131.jpg
    Why do Kong and Godzilla fight each other? I thought they were on the same side? Or is it going to be the old lame Buddy movie where they have to sort their differences and misconceptions first? Yawn.
    Well, their first meeting didn't go well for Godzilla, so...