Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• j7wildj7wild Suspended
    edited August 2011 Posts: 823
    I'd Like to see a jaws prequel to explain that boat under the water with the body..
    you mean the scene with the head of a shark victim appearing in the hole in the bottom of the boat?

that was Ben Gardner's head!!

http://allthatjaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/ben3.jpg

Ben Gardner was a local fisherman at Amity Island.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101225021351/jaws/images/d/d6/35965-9838.gif

He was the first guy in the paddock who talked with Matt Hooper. He wanted the reward for whoever caught the shark and set off with his friends to catch it, but when sharking was over, his friends went back to the harbour, and Ben went back, because he wanted money. The shark attacked his boat and killed him by presumely biting him from the stomach while eating him.

His wrecked boat, The Flicka, was discovered by Matt Hooper and Martin Brody, and when Matt went diving to see his boats hull, Matt saw a sharks tooth stuck in the boat, and when Matt got to the hole, Ben's head popped out the boat. The head was not mentioned by Matt and Martin to Mayor, but they mentioned the boat.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    Yeah Baby, Yeah!

Shall we talk now, or shall we talk later?

Mike Myers has officially agreed to reprise his iconic swinging super agent in Austin Powers 4. No other details have been revealed about the project at this time.

This news comes from Hitfix, who have no idea who is directing this sequel. Jay Roach, who directed the first three installments, is expected to return, but its to early to make that an official call just yet.

Austin Powers 4 will come more than a full decade since the last movie, Austin Powers in Goldmember, which hit theaters in 2002. The character has a whole new time period to react to now.

It isn't known when the film will go into production, but its likely that we won't see Austin Powers 4 until, at the very earliest, 2013.

Austin Powers 4 comes to theaters in 2013 and stars Mike Myers.

maybe they will bring back Liz

:X

or Heather

:*

http://images.celebritymoviearchive.com/members/thumbs/b/[email protected]

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Mike Myers has been working on the fourth film for years and still nothing. Even director Jay Roach has said as much, who would return if another Austin Powers was made.

I wouldn't bet on it happening.
    Yeah, it's been just talking for years. About once a year either Myers or Roach tell MTV that AP4 is in the pipeline. There usually is no real scripts. Just talks about the movie. It's like Ghostbusters 3. Now and then the original cast, even Bill Murray talks about the possible sequel and about finished drafts for the plot etc.
    Or Indy 5
    Well, as the web goes crazy with this AP news, here's what the ever reliable Deadline has to say: http://www.deadline.com/2011/08/whats-really-happening-with-mike-myers-and-austin-powers-4/

In short, no deal has been done yet though one had been put out to Myres - six months ago - and only now is he showing interest in it. Weird.

Also it seems a signed 2008 deal for a fouth film didn't happen, so no wonder New Line seem to have given up on the idea and aren't holding their breath this time round.

You've also got to ask after 10+ years is there any point to bringing it back? Myres will soon be 50 and honestly how many of these "resurrected" franchises have really worked. I count one: Die Hard.

In other news, The Lone Ranger has been halted: http://www.deadline.com/2011/08/shocker-disney-scraps-johnny-depps-lone-ranger/

It's becoming embarrassing, all these films getting the go ahead only to be shot down!
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    Coriolanus direct download trailer

right click and save as:

http://www.cc2konline.com/images/stories/videos/coriolanus-trailer.mov

Shakespeare must be rolling in his grave!!

• j7wildj7wild Suspended
    Tower Heist HD Trailer on YouTube

wow! looks like Eddie Murphy is back in top form after 12 years of making a string of crapola live action films (not including the Shrek series)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    This year promises to be spectacular for movies. I hope the rumors of another XxX with Xander and Diesel playing him again are true. I hate watching XxX now because I loved the character and film so much and never knew about Xander's supposed death until I watched the garbage fest sequel. Mission Impossible 4 and Sherlock Holmes 2 will be great Christmas time viewings. Hopefully Michelle Monaghan is remaining in the shadows for MI4 and Julia will return instead of some cop out that she and Ethan couldn't work or she died. Phhhtp! Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy looks absolutely brilliant, and I love when spy dramas that take the intelligent route instead of going down an action oriented road. Could score some Oscars as well. Oldman seems at the top of his game and Le Carre' has always had the nack for realism in his books so the source material is solid. Hopefully Die Hard 5 gets disbanded, as well as Indy 5. Two franchises that should not be tarnished!!! Though Indy 4 already did that. Thanks George and Steve. Good thing you weren't obsessed with cashing in or anything. Thanks for killing the dreams of millions of fans. The Bourne Legacy has my hopes, with Joan Allen and Albert Finney coming back. I love the idea and am happy Bourne is excluded because I don't want to see Matt replaced. I hope the Spiderman revamp tanks so people can finally see that revamps don't help a franchise out. And why is Mary Jane absent?! They'll keep Gwen on and grow a strong relationship then $10,000 says in the sequel they bring Green Goblin on as the villain and kill her. So freaking predictable. I hate the idea of another Spiderman and no Tobey. Spiderman 2 was the end of the series. A third was never made in my eyes. Killer Elite looks cool, and I can't wait to see Statham in action again while I wait for Transporter 4 to be announced sometime(I can dream). I love seeing Robert kicking major butt as well. TDKR will have my eyebrows raised all year round and I hope we get a good end to a great trilogy. Overall the next two years seem amazing for films. I am excited to see new films and familiar faces coming back to the forefront.
    I hope the rumors of another XxX with Xander and Diesel playing him again are true.
    Another XXX? Really? I remember when Vin Diesel proclaimed that James Bond was dead and that he and his character would usher in the new age of action heroes. Then the movie hit screens and made DIE ANOTHER DAY look like high art.
    I hope the rumors of another XxX with Xander and Diesel playing him again are true.
    Another XXX? Really? I remember when Vin Diesel proclaimed that James Bond was dead and that he and his character would usher in the new age of action heroes. Then the movie hit screens and made DIE ANOTHER DAY look like high art.
    I can't see this one getting made frankly. It's been due for release for a good few years now and nothing.

As for Indy 5, I can't see that working out but Die Hard 5 could be set soon for a 2013 release with a final one Die Hard 6 following afterwards.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Why ruin the Die Hard franchise?! Hollywood need to be concerned about the success of the films and know when to quit making sequels and not cashing in. LFODH ended great, and there is no reason to continue the films. I hope Bruce has his head on straight. If a Die Hard 5 and 6 go on, I want Justin Long back and since LFODH was supposed to have featured John's son, one of the two probably will include him.
    Justin Long ... :0&
    Why on earth do you want Justin Long in Die Hard? One was enough.
    Justin Long ... :0&
    Why on earth do you want Justin Long in Die Hard? One was enough.
    He played the part well and was never an annoyance for me. A lot better than what Die Hard 2 has to offer. I've erased that film from the series.
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    Thanks for the heads up on Tower Heist @j7wild..looking good! :-)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Marc Forster's Machine Gun Preacher trailer : http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/independent/machinegunpreacher/
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    Marc Forster's Machine Gun Preacher trailer : http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/independent/machinegunpreacher/
    Like the way the poster avoids 'From the Director of QOS' :-))

• j7wildj7wild Suspended
    Daniel Radcliffe in "The Woman In Black"

US Teaser (1 min 44 seconds)

UK Teaser (47 seconds)

5 Days Of War

Killer Elite

New Trailer (#2)

Underworld Awakening

Kate is back!!

Can you believe Ridley Scott is doing Blade Runner 2 for 2014?

Why, what's the point in that. He'll just ruin the first one.
  • LudsLuds MIA

It's very unfortunate that the whole trend is to re-do everything right now. That being said, and without going back in to the "why are they doing this it's stupid" complaint, I'll point out that if I had to pick someone to re-make it, Scott would be on my list...

It's very unfortunate that the whole trend is to re-do everything right now. That being said, and without going back in to the "why are they doing this it's stupid" complaint, I'll point out that if I had to pick someone to re-make it, Scott would be on my list...

And I've got hope that he's only doing this due to Prometheus going well, so maybe he's got a good film on his hands as well as an idea for this new Blade Runner.

And yes the "remake everything" trend is very annoying. The only thing that could top it is Bond 23 being a Dr. No remake.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I am in shock. Blade Runner should forever remain its own thing. It's only mildly pleasing to know that Scott himself is involved but that still doesn't justify a sequel, prequel or sidequel - whatever it is they're planning.

I have too much love for Blade Runner - it's my second favourite Sci-Fi film of all time - to see it thrown in the bin.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended

it's not a remake or a reboot, it's a prequel or a sequel depending if they can get Harrison to come back as Deckard
    I saw it for the first time recently, and I can appreciate what some make of it, it was a bit of a surreal movie, not Ford's best by any means but Rutger Hauer was impressive in it but his best bad guy role ever was probably as 'the Hitcher'

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited August 2011 Posts: 13,866
    Though it's a limited release:

And the poster:

It looks worse than Inferno. :O
    Is the Hellraiser cinematography supposed to look that crappy?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    No. Revelations, as far as I can recall from the reviews, is really bad. I've only seen the first 5 films in the series, the first 4 were by far the best (Bloodline is my favourite), Inferno was that bad, I lost interest in continuing. But this one, Revelations, makes Inferno look good by comparison.
    WOW. It is quite sad that horror films are more comedic than horrific these days(not that many ever weren't), since you get your laughter off of the seriousness in which the movie and its filmmakers take it. It's like watching a SyFy channel horror film. They are as scary as a cute puppy playing in a field of butterflies. They are great if you are sad and want to feel confident about yourself. I say show these to people with depression. It would save lives. I can see the headlines now: Suicide Rates Drop Due To SyFy's Own Sharktapus. ;-)