Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

Creasy47 wrote: »
    It may be a ways off but George Miller confirms a Mad Max: Fury Road sequel is inbound:

https://collider.com/george-miller-confirms-mad-max-fury-road-sequel/
    This gives me officially goosebumps. After that legal case he had with Warner, I wasn´t expecting Miller to do another Mad Max film at all.

That Ghostbusters film seems promising. Didn´t know that Paul Rudd is in it. That shot of the car driving through the fields is epic.

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited December 2019 Posts: 12,916
    Once George Miller is ready, the production should move pretty quickly. During the delays endured by FURY ROAD, Miller and his team mapped out two more adventures to fall in on.
    Once George Miller is ready, the production should move pretty quickly. During the delays endured by FURY ROAD, Miller and his team mapped out two more adventures to fall in on.
    The production should move quickly as long as unforseeable events don´t happen. Remember that FR had to completely relocate from Australia to Namibia?

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    At this point I expect the filmmakers to be expert on that count as well, redirecting to other locations if needed. But there are still other emergent roadblocks possible, sure.
    At this point I expect the filmmakers to be expert on that count as well, redirecting to other locations if needed. But there are still other emergent roadblocks possible, sure.
    Keep in mind what a huge number of people were on location for the shoot of FR.
    But you´re right, let´s be positive :-).

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Gal Gadot sells this film to me
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited December 2019 Posts: 15,686
    1st trailer for Ghostbusters: Afterlife:

----

Final trailer for 6 Underground:

1st trailer for Ghostbusters: Afterlife:

I enjoyed the trailer. The film looks like it is, at the very least, a decent one. I don't know how good it's going to turn out to be, but it looks reasonably interesting even without showing us anything of the former leads, and that is good.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Mindhunter's Jonathan Groff joins the cast of Matrix 4.

https://collider.com/matrix-4-jonathan-groff-cast/

----

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Quentin Tarantino confirms he recently met with Uma Thurman again and that Kill Bill: Vol. 3 is "in the cards":

https://collider.com/quentin-tarantino-kill-bill-3-update/
    Quentin Tarantino confirms he recently met with Uma Thurman again and that Kill Bill: Vol. 3 is "in the cards":

https://collider.com/quentin-tarantino-kill-bill-3-update/
    I thought Uma didn´t talk to him since he persuaded her to do a stunt where she injured her neck?
    And what of that Bill story is missing?

Mindhunter's Jonathan Groff joins the cast of Matrix 4.

https://collider.com/matrix-4-jonathan-groff-cast/

Sense8's Toby Onwumere & Iron Fist's Jessica Henwick join Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss, Jada Pinkett Smith, Neil Patrick Harris, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II and Jonathan Groff in Matrix 4.

https://deadline.com/2019/12/matrix-4-toby-onwumere-warner-bros-sequel-1202805820/

----

----

2nd trailer for Top Gun: Maverick arriving very soon.
    @Creasy47 @MajorDSmythe @boldfinger @DarthDimi

Matrix 4's release date confirmed: May 21, 2021.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/flash-matrix-4-get-release-dates-1261939

John Wick 4 is getting delayed, most likely.
    That´s not very long to go till Matrix 4.
    Trailer for the South Korean thriller The Man Standing Next, starring Lee Byung-Hun:

----

The thriller Let Him Go, starring Kevin Costner and Diana Lane; gets an official release date: August 21, 2020.

A retired sheriff and his wife, grieving over the death of their son, set out to find their only grandson.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/kevin-costner-diane-lane-thriller-let-him-go-lands-summer-2020-release-1261552

----

----

yjyzdmglb1441.jpg

Edit: New trailer for Top Gun: Maverick confirmed to arrive tomorrow, December 16th.

xs0bm3i70t441.jpg
    The on-the-ground action looks as ridiculous as in the first one, but the aerial stuff is unreal! Such amazing shots!
    I must confess I've still never seen the first film. Guess I'll have to before this one is out.
    A new trailer for Christopher Nolan's Tenet is confirmed to arrive on Thursday, December 19th.

----

----

----

First official images of Bill & Ted Face the Music:

ssasszL.jpg
    gXVgmWW.jpg
    CxBwLpR.jpg

----

First official image of A Quiet Place 2:

gjqqtsfz68541.jpg

The Bill and Ted pics amused me.
    I must confess I've still never seen the first film. Guess I'll have to before this one is out.
    @Creasy47, knock yourself out if you have to, but there´s not much substance to gain from the first one. The aerial scenes are amazing, if you can watch through the rest.

First trailer for A Quiet Place 2 will arrive on New Year's Day.

2xo7n7tzee541.jpg

----

First official stills of Christopher Nolan's Tenet (trailer arriving tomorrow):

mgr-21451-msg2.jpg
    tenant-1.jpg
    Both AQP2 and Tenet are looking good so far.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Tom Cruise continues to raise the bar

1917 looks fantastic. Avoiding the rest of the footage but that first trailer really wowed me. Looking forward to a proper look at Tenet tomorrow.

atlczgc9vl541.jpg