Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
edited July 2021 in General Movies & TV Posts: 15,681
A new movie is announced, and you can't wait to see it ? A new trailer/poster hits the web ?

Here is the place to post it !

This way, we can regroup threads about upcoming films into one ! But of course, major films like Batman, Superman... can have their own threads !

Alright...

<url>

"Take Shelter" looks really great ! Mysterious, and wow does Michael Shannon knows how to act !!

----

Monthly previews made:

July 2016: page 111
August 2016: page 120
September 2016: page 128
October 2016: page 139
November 2016: page 147
December 2016: page 153
January 2017: page 162
February 2017: page 167
March 2017: page 171
April 2017: page 181
May 2017: page 190
June 2017: page 200
July 2017: page 207
August 2017: page 215
September 2017: page 222
October 2017: page 230
November 2017: page 234
December 2017: page 238
January 2018: page 247
February 2018: page 252
March 2018: page 260
April 2018: page 270
May 2018: page 278
June 2018: page 285
July 2018: page 291
August 2018: page 295
September 2018: page 302
October 2018: page 310
November 2018: page 314
December 2018: page 319
January 2019: page 323
February 2019: page 326
March 2019: page 331
April 2019: page 335
May 2019: page 338
June 2019: page 342
July 2019: page 344
August 2019: page 347
September 2019: page 351
October 2019: page 355
November 2019: page 358
December 2019: page 362
January 2020: page 364
February 2020: page 367
March 2020: page 369
August 2020: page 375
September 2020: page 376

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited March 2011 Posts: 13,350
    As we just had on the old forum, any random new films that wish to be taked about is best posted in here.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Oh wow Sorry @Samuel001, wasn't aware of your thread !! :-( If you want to use your thread, It's fine by me !!
    Since it was never posted in it's understandable. Obviously not that many upcoming films people are interested in.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Well Samuel001, it was posted just at the start of this new forums, so I think people's thought were elsewhere during that troubled period ;-)
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    edited June 2011 Posts: 823
    This is the French Trailer

English HD version online tomorrow night at 7:30 PM EST US Time.

Stay tuned.

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE: Ghost Protocol

http://www.whiteblog.net/mission-impossible-4-ghost-protocol-le-premier-trailer-en-exclu

the action is a bit like Bourne.....

:(
    M:I -4 looks fairly good based on that trailer, although there were a couple moments of some very suspect CGI. It'll be easier to get a read on the film, though, when I get a chance to see the English trailer.

I think that this, along with Killer Elite starring Jason Statham, Clive Owen, Robert De Niro, and Yvonne Strahovski coming in September, makes for a decent remainder of the year when it comes to action films. Both M:I4 and Killer Elite are amongst my must see films for the rest of the year.
    Completely agree Chuck. The Killer Elite trailer is fantastic. It doesn't hurt that Yvonne Strahovski appears to be in a bikini either.

edited June 2011 Posts: 13,350
    Mission: Impossible I just hope for it's sake is a winner. Doesn't look too bad so far but it's up against some strong competition. I'm also not liking what looks like easy to spot CGI either...
    Completely agree Chuck. The Killer Elite trailer is fantastic. It doesn't hurt that Yvonne Strahovski appears to be in a bikini either.

I'm just hopeful that she's not there just to be the eye candy for the film. I think that she's a pretty good actress, and so far the projects she works on seem to prefer objectifying her more often than giving her solid material to work with, which when given she excels at. Regardless, though, hopefully her appearance in this film, alongside big names such as De Niro, leads to more opportunities for her down the road since Chuck is coming to an end in February.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited June 2011 Posts: 4,411
    Tom Wilkinson as Ethun Hunt new bos ?? or is this the actor for the millenium series.

2011:

If igore the sequels then mabey i like to see those:

The Tourist
    Cowboys & Aliens
    I Am Number Four
    Trolljegeren
    The Hole (2009) Made in 2009, but 2011 release date.
    The Adjustment Bureau
    Unknown
    Hanna
    The Tempest
    Thor
    Green Lantern
    Sucker Punch
    Season of the Witch
    No Strings Attached
    London Boulevard The English Bodyguard ??
    The Mechanic
    Captain America: The First Avenger
    Colombiana Warning: from 16 to 26 seconds you heard a bleep.
    Zookeeper
    Gulliver's Travels
    Soldiers of Fortune
    And Soon the Darkness
    Sinbad: The Fifth Voyage
    Scorpion King: Book of the Dead

2012 and later...
    Bond 23. Since the last one happend a lot with expections. I hope there lissen to some of the sugestions for more breath moments and a good/respect Bond movie is more inportent then a 50 years Bond. I hope there doing a quike anouchment Daniel Craig wil return for Bond 24.
    Thomas Crown Afair 2
    xXx: The Return of Xander Cage. Release date whas 2011, but now it don't have a release date.
    Tomb Raider 3.
    The Hobbit part 1 & 2. I hope it is better then LOTR Return Of The King.
    The Dark Knight Rises. I think there should fix some things and if the movie showing some old remembers from Batman Returns i hope it be good and not longer then 125 minutes.
    Die Hard 5. 2012, but don't think this happen. I hope it have more action on the background.
    Terminator 5.
    Knight Rider. Stil set for 2012, going to be delayd.
    Chronicles of Riddick 2 aka Pitch Black 3.
    The Bourne Legacy. I hope it is better and a litle bit longer then the second and third movie.
    Independence Day 2& 3
    Men in Black 3
    Hit Man 2
    Lemony Snicket 2
    Ghostbusters 3
    John Carter
    Zorro Reborn (2014)

Animated movies (Include sequels):

Kuifje (Tin Tin)
    Cars 2
    Rango
    Kung Fun Panda 2(D)
    Puss in Boots
    Rio
    Gnomeo & Juliet
    Happy Feet 2. (Not in 3D)
    Monsters University (2013) Sequel of Monster Inc.
    The Lorax (2012)
    Ice Age: Continental Drift (2012)
    The Wild Bunch (2012)
    Zambezia (2012)
    Trouble Down Under (2012) From the creater of Ice Age, but with Kangeroo's in Australia.
    there will be new XXX? with Vin Diesel? interesting,and new ice age?
    and there are many interesting movies that will come in 2012 (of course B23 :D ) i think there will be sequels of Bad Boys and Man in black
    there will be new XXX? with Vin Diesel? interesting,and new ice age?
    and there are many interesting movies that will come in 2012 (of course B23 :D ) i think there will be sequels of Bad Boys and Man in black
    Men In Black III is next year, on 25th May and I also believe another Bad Boys is being planned and will happen one day as well.

I'm just hopeful that she's not there just to be the eye candy for the film. I think that she's a pretty good actress, and so far the projects she works on seem to prefer objectifying her more often than giving her solid material to work with, which when given she excels at. Regardless, though, hopefully her appearance in this film, alongside big names such as De Niro, leads to more opportunities for her down the road since Chuck is coming to an end in February.
    Agree again. It would be nice for her to get stronger roles. I would love to see her in Bond 23. I'm not sure this film will offer the deepest role though. It looks like a "larger than life" actioner and, frankly, God Bless! That doesn't preclude Yvonne's role from being serious and dramatic but it does make it less likely. She absolutely does deserve bigger and better things when Chuck is done.
    I'm looking foward to Pixar's Barve a lot. It should more than make up for Cars and Cars 2.

• Mission Impossible IV-Ghost Protocoll been Delayed to thursday..same time
    Mission Impossible IV-Ghost Protocoll been Delayed to thursday..same time
    What a silly decision. Especially considering a French leaked version is already online and the film it's attached to, Transformers: Dark of the Moon is out on Wednesday. :-S
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Or even here:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/159/the-upcoming-films-thread#Item_1

;-)
    Good point, Samster, but as this thread's taken off and that one didn't, I've taken the trouble to lock the latter. Trust you don't mind... :)

Agree again. It would be nice for her to get stronger roles. I would love to see her in Bond 23. I'm not sure this film will offer the deepest role though. It looks like a "larger than life" actioner and, frankly, God Bless! That doesn't preclude Yvonne's role from being serious and dramatic but it does make it less likely. She absolutely does deserve bigger and better things when Chuck is done.
    Hopefully EON will give her a look for a future Bond film. She's definitely the kind of actress that they should be looking at, as she's quite a strong actress yet largely unknown since she's most well known for her role on a TV show that doesn't get particularly good ratings.

I'm not particularly expecting a particularly well-written role for her in Killer Elite, but I just hope that they give her something worthwhile to do rather than simply being there for her looks. She has made her character on Chuck much more interesting than I think it may have originally intended to be, so I would imagine that she could potentially bring more to her role in this film than is actually on the page as well.
    Or even here:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/159/the-upcoming-films-thread#Item_1

;-)
    Good point, Samster, but as this thread's taken off and that one didn't, I've taken the trouble to lock the latter. Trust you don't mind... :)
    As you wish. I doubt anyone would've actually gone back that far, found and posted it in anyway. Still...unless they wanted to spite you @St_George. ;-)
    Steven Spielberg's WAR HORSE trailer :

War Horse looks fantastic. The Spielberg magic could be back and the visuals are top-notch.

Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol may not be too bad either. Thanks for the download links @j7wild.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    you are welcome Samuel001

it's always nicer when you can understand the language to comprehend the premise of the movie

now... why they can't make a Bond film like that?
    Mission Impossible looks like more of the same as the last 2 to me. I really liked the first, but I hated the last 2.

War Horse looks pretty good. It'd be nice to see a new, great Spielberg.
    THE THING a prequel to the 1982 film(using the same name), release date fall 2011

PROMETHEUS believe is slated for a 2012 summer release
    Just released - Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy

Now this looks like real spy action.
    Wow looks very good !! Amazing British cast !!
    It may achieve the impossible and do the series justice. Oldman looks spot on. As I watched I was hoping the trailer would end with the "I want to tell you a story.....it's all about spies" quote.
    Oldman looks spot on.
    The buzz is that this is Oldman's best performance to date - and Oscar worthy.