Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

Gerard wrote: »
    I think I'll give it a pass.

I know I will give it a pass, a big bloody pass. This is just too flipping American for my taste.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Watching that trailer made me ill.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited March 2019 Posts: 15,690
    Sherlock Holmes 3, with Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law, has sadly been delayed by 1 year, to December 22nd 2021.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    And I’ve just been wondering about that a couple of days ago. I guess that film isn’t really going to happen.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Bad news. I would've preferred to have seen Downey Jr. in more Holmes films than those endless Marvel movies.
    Sherlock Holmes 3, with Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law, has sadly been delayed by 1 year, to December 22nd 2021.

Shame - those movies have been great fun, and I'd gladly watch another. If there's any property out there that lends itself to as many sequels as Bond, surely it's Holmes.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

That is a great shame as they play off each other brilliantly.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    RogueAgent wrote: »

At this rate, I'm expecting it'll disappear into oblivion eventually. I've been pining for a third installment for several years now.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    At this rate, I'm expecting it'll disappear into oblivion eventually. I've been pining for a third installment for several years now.
    2011 was eight years ago. So, I don’t think this project will ever see the light of the day. It didn’t take them two years to release a sequel. But, they seem to be lost in what they want to do with the next film. At this point, the interest in the audience will also deteriorate.
    2011 was eight years ago. So, I don’t think this project will ever see the light of the day. It didn’t take them two years to release a sequel. But, they seem to be lost in what they want to do with the next film. At this point, the interest in the audience will also deteriorate.

At this point I’d like Guy Ritchie to focus on a sequel to The Man From UNCLE.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    At this point I’d like Guy Ritchie to focus on a sequel to The Man From UNCLE.
    Same. Would love to see a sequel to UNCLE. Most stylish spy film made in the 21st century.
    @bondjames @ClarkDevlin @DarthDimi @MajorDSmythe @Creasy47 @doubleoego

Christopher Nolan's upcoming summer 2020 film will be a romantic thriller, like 'North By Northwest' in tone meets 'Inception'.

https://theplaylist.net/christopher-nolan-next-film-20190305/

----

c591xq-Kfjg-V52-XTHe-Bo-RBRVl-LDXs2-Yx3-V5cxv-YOzyzo.jpg
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

This looks suspiciously like a well known origin story with a horror twist.
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns That looks very familiar as you said, but also it seems like very fresh take on that story. Looks like one of the better horror films we've been getting lately.
    Not a movie, but :

I just love the novel (I even had my copy signed by Neil Gaiman himself a few years ago). And it seems the series is going to be great as well.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns That looks very familiar as you said, but also it seems like very fresh take on that story. Looks like one of the better horror films we've been getting lately.

It certainly looks interesting, it could be viewed as an elseworld take on a certain character.
    @Creasy47 @doubleoego @ClarkDevlin @bondjames @DarthDimi @MajorDSmythe

First official look at the upcoming action/comedy Stuber:

ckifmkvpepk21.jpg
    zzw5oh3u9qk21.jpg

A detective recruits his Uber driver into an unexpected night of adventure.

Starring: Dave Bautista, Kumail Nanjiani, Iko Uwais and Karen Gillan.

Release date: July 12, 2019.

After the unfortunate delay of Sherlock Holmes 3, it seems we are finally getting some good news on another long awaited sequel: Disney has confirmed that they are actively trying to finally start pre-production on National Treasure 3, with Nicolas Cage back as Benjamin Gates.

After the unfortunate delay of Sherlock Holmes 3, it seems we are finally getting some good news on another long awaited sequel: Disney has confirmed that they are actively trying to finally start pre-production on National Treasure 3, with Nicolas Cage back as Benjamin Gates.

Cool, not sure about anyone else but I quite like Cage as this fun character.
    First trailer for Olivia Wilde's directorial debut, Booksmart:

----

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Morgan Freeman Joins “Hitman’s Bodyguard 2”
    http://www.darkhorizons.com/morgan-freeman-joins-hitmans-bodyguard-2/
    Oscar winner Morgan Freeman has signed on to join the cast of “The Hitman’s Wife’s Bodyguard” at Lionsgate and Millennium Films.
    I love that they're only casting actors who have been in either Marvel or DC related films in the Hitman's Bodyguard franchise.

5dcdr0yuuol21.jpg
    @bondjames @DarthDimi @doubleoego @ClarkDevlin @MajorDSmythe

First official image of Jumanji 3:

9mvibizhtql21.jpg

----

Filming has begun on The Hitman's Bodyguard 2:

3pmkyqa30rl21.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Antonio Banderas & Richard E. Grant join Ryan Reynolds, Samuel L Jackson, Salma Hayek, Morgan Freeman and Frank Grillo in The Hitman’s Bodyguard 2.
    Well, that's just brilliant!