Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2019 Posts: 15,686
    Sebastian Stan and Edgar Ramirez join Jessica Chastain, Lupita Nyong’o, Penelope Cruz and Fan Bingbing in the female-led spy film 355, directed by Simon Kinberg.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/sebastian-stan-edgar-ramirez-join-355-1210423
    Just found this :

Seems interesting.
    I like Carano - nice to see her getting some work.
    Gerard wrote: »
    Just found this :

Seems interesting.

Want to see the movie.
    @ClarkDevlin @bondjames @Creasy47 @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego

Things are gearing up for Den of Thieves 2. Filming will start later this year, with Gerard Butler and O'Shea Jackson reprising their roles. I assume this will mean a Summer 2020 release, similar to Gerard Butler's Angel has Fallen due this August.

https://deadline.com/2019/05/den-of-thieves-2-being-sold-by-sierra-affinity-cannes-1202616155/
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! I'm in!

This is a definite for me! Loved the first two movies so I am certainly in for this one. Love Butler as this character!
    edited May 2019 Posts: 40,371
    Mel Gibson courting Michael Fassbender, James Foxx & Peter Dinklage for ‘The Wild Bunch’ remake:

https://deadline.com/2019/05/mel-gibson-the-wild-bunch-remake-michael-fassbender-james-foxx-peter-dinklage-warner-bros-remake-1202617278/

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood movie-within-a-movie poster released:

once-upon-a-time-in-hollywood-rick-dalton-poster.jpg
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Mel Gibson courting Michael Fassbender, James Foxx & Peter Dinklage for ‘The Wild Bunch’ remake:

https://deadline.com/2019/05/mel-gibson-the-wild-bunch-remake-michael-fassbender-james-foxx-peter-dinklage-warner-bros-remake-1202617278/

I've been unsure about a remake such a classic, but with Gibson's masterful directing skills and that cast? Yes, please!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns

I've been unsure about a remake such a classic, but with Gibson's masterful directing skills and that cast? Yes, please!
    I really hope they keep the old western setting rather than making it a modern day story involving the CIA, the DEA and the Mexican drug cartels. I just don't see myself getting interested in that as there are a lot of films around with the same narrative.
    Once Upon A Time In Hollywood movie-within-a-movie poster released:

once-upon-a-time-in-hollywood-rick-dalton-poster.jpg

This is brilliant! Hope the OUATIH posters will get the same treatment! :-D
    @Torgeirtrap The 2nd full trailer for Once Upon a Time... In Hollywood will drop online on the same day as the film premiers in Cannes (next Tuesday, May 21st).
    @Torgeirtrap The 2nd full trailer for Once Upon a Time... In Hollywood will drop online on the same day as the film premiers in Cannes (next Tuesday, May 21st).

Thanks, @DaltonCraig007 – didn't know that! This is probably the only film that's a must watch for me this year. Really looking forward to it.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England

Thanks, @DaltonCraig007 – didn't know that! This is probably the only film that's a must watch for me this year. Really looking forward to it.

This and The Irishman for me, also rather looking forward to Knives Out for some reason or other.

OUATIH is looking like a tasty proposition, I found QT wasn't on the kind of form on DU & H8 as he was on IB.

Hoping his 9th film is more of that quality and something quite different from the man, which from the reveals so far I think this is going to be quite a departure for him.

Incredibly excited to see this on it's opening weekend, will be interesting to see how usual Cannes darling Tarantino is received on Tuesday.

Always interested in what Gibson is doing, Direction wise. But this is an unnecessary remake. The original can't be improved upon!
    edited May 2019 Posts: 40,371
    Another poster-within-a-poster for Quentin Tarantino's Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, the Italian western Kill Me Now Ringo, Said The Gringo:

D68ky2gVUAUcShB.jpg
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 17,241
    Shardlake wrote: »

This and The Irishman for me, also rather looking forward to Knives Out for some reason or other.

OUATIH is looking like a tasty proposition, I found QT wasn't on the kind of form on DU & H8 as he was on IB.

Hoping his 9th film is more of that quality and something quite different from the man, which from the reveals so far I think this is going to be quite a departure for him.

Incredibly excited to see this on it's opening weekend, will be interesting to see how usual Cannes darling Tarantino is received on Tuesday.

Should probably give those two films a watch as well!

OUATIH really looks promising, and it's such an interesting era to place a film in that it will surely be a visual treat. DU was a mixed bag for me, but still entertaining. Have yet to watch H8 actually, as I haven't found myself in the mood for a western in quite some time. Will make sure to watch it before OUATIH is released though.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    A friend of mine who's name is Rick Dalton will no doubt love these posters, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is certainly near the top of my most anticipated list.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I see a dog, I click the video. But I get the feeling i'll be crying my eyes out. Dogs are my weak spot.
    A dog that narrates with the voice of Kevin Costner. What more could we possibly ask for, @MajorDSmythe ? ;)
    Vintage posters for a movie within a movie. . . well played, Quentin. I still can't decide if his not directing a Bond film was a loss. If nothing else it would be interesting to see what he'd dream up, but I suspect it would sit rather awkwardly among the others, tonally. . .
    octofinger wrote: »
    Vintage posters for a movie within a movie. . . well played, Quentin. I still can't decide if his not directing a Bond film was a loss. If nothing else it would be interesting to see what he'd dream up, but I suspect it would sit rather awkwardly among the others, tonally. . .

It certainly would've been a unique and interesting Bond installment, that's for sure.
    octofinger wrote: »

It certainly would've been a unique and interesting Bond installment, that's for sure.

We agree on that!
    Tanner gives me One-Eyed Jacks vibes.