Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited June 2018 Posts: 23,327
    Predators I have issues with though it did a few things that freshened up the series, The Predator look's like it's taking steps backward. Shane Blacks script better be good
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2018 Posts: 15,690
    Official trailer for Billionaire Boys Club:

Will probably watch this eventually. As always with foreign actors portraying Scandinavian characters, it will most likely affect the viewing experience, as watching them speak English with so and so accents, always takes me out of what's happening on screen. Looks like Mikael Persbrandt is in the film, though. That's a positive, as he's probably by far the best actor of the names I recognized in the cast list on IMDB. Would absolutely love for him to play a Bond villain at some point.

It will never match the original Swedish Millenium films with Noomi Rapace and Michael Nyqvist, though. The slick David Fincher production couldn't do that either, in my opinion. Interestingly, this is not based on one of the original books by Stieg Larsson, but one of the continuation books by David Lagercrantz.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Official trailer for Billionaire Boys Club:

This looks very good. Glad to see Taron getting some new projects and I'm also quite happy that Spacey wasn't 'edited' out of this one. He's a compelling screen presence.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    First official images of The Little Stranger, the new film from the director of Room (2015):

8cNOOEf.jpg
    bciOUo7.jpg
    msqqr6l.jpg
    mw5FB22.jpg
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Charlotte Rampling and Ruth Wilson? This ought to be good. :D
    And here's the first trailer for The Little Stranger:

First teaser for Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade, the new film from South Korean director Jee-woon Kim (I Saw the Devil, Age of Shadows, The Good The Bad The Weird, A Bittersweet Life):

----

Trailer for the Chinese crime film The Looming Storm:

——

Gal Gadot officially joins the action/adventure film Red Notice as the lead co-star of Dwayne Johnson.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Ok well that certainly looks different and interesting!
    Teaser trailer & poster for Tim Burton’s Dumbo, starring Eva Green, Colin Farrell, Dany DeVito, Michael Keaton and Alan Arkin:

EC05_FB5_E_F8_A7_4_B13_918_E_A9_F6_ED21_B238.jpg
    2nd trailer for The Grinch:

Teaser trailer & poster for Tim Burton’s Dumbo, starring Eva Green, Colin Farrell, Dany DeVito, Michael Keaton and Alan Arkin:

EC05_FB5_E_F8_A7_4_B13_918_E_A9_F6_ED21_B238.jpg
    I'm generally not into this sort of kiddie stuff, but this and Mowgli have me intrigued and impressed enough from the trailers that I shall be making a trip to the theatres to watch them upon release.

CjGmEwY.jpg
    @bondjames @doubleoego @DarthDimi @ClarkDevlin @MajorDSmythe @Creasy47

Social media embargo has been lifted for Sicario: Day of the Soldado...

Gregory Ellwood :

Saw Sicario: Day of the Soldado last night. It's FANTASTIC. It's doesn't have the visual splendor of Villeneuve's first film, but Taylor Sheridan's screenplay is SUPERB. Film has unexpected heartbreaking moments and strong performances from Del Toro and Brolin.

Moreover, Soldado is VERY timely. There is little black and white on the border between Mexico and the US. It's a grey zone and Sheridan's script isn't afraid to go there. It's a dramatic thriller with something to say. Go see it, because I can't wait to see a third chapter.

Moreover, SOLDADO should have been at CANNES either in or out of competition. I heard the festival wanted it, but the decision was made note to go even though Del Toro was Un Certain Regard jury prez. Would have been a strong critical kick off for them and much needed buzz.

Anne Thompson:

Taylor Sheridan’s sequel Sicario: Day of the Soldado deepens the characters played by Josh Brolin and Benicio del Toro in unexpected ways. Director Stefano Sollimo delivers. June 29.

Kristopher Tapley:

I’m told I can’t tweet about the fact that the movie I just saw is fucking amazing. Later I guess.

I'm told I can now tell you this tweet referenced "Sicario: Day of the Soldado."

It's gooooood. Or at the very least, straight up my alley. Sollima gave me the sequel I thought I didn't want. Wonderful storytelling economy. Wicked sense of tension throughout. Wolski goes to TOWN. Brolin/Del Toro step it up. Sheridan is a beast on the page, man. Love. It.

Isabela Moner is stellar as well. And the film is dedicated to Jóhann Jóhannsson, of course, whose work is well-respected by Hildur Guðnadóttir (a cellist on the first). "The Beast" gets such a badass reprise, though. Anyway, I'll see it again ASAP.

Mike Ryan:

SICARIO: DAY OF THE SOLDADO is, surprisingly, pretty awesome. Tense, gritty, and ends on a note where I want more. Benicio del Toro is amazing.

Steven Weintraub:

Happy to report 'Sicario: Day of the Soldado' is extremely well made and features fantastic performances from Josh Brolin and Benecio del Toro. As you might expect, Taylor Sheridan's screenplay is excellent. Really hope the film does well so they can complete the trilogy.

CjGmEwY.jpg

I quite like the look of this.
    Another teaser trailer for the latest South Korean film from the director of I Saw The Devil & A Bittersweet Life:

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Happy to see Soldado getting rave reactions. I certainly had my doubts.
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 5,767
    I´m happy too about those reviews. I must admit I didn´t have any doubts, being a massive fan of the Italian tv series Gomorrha, which Sollima had a lot to do with.
    Also I guess the opinion that it doesn´t have the visual splendor of the first sounds a bit Deakins fanboy-ish. What I know from Gomorrha and from the Soldado trailer I would very much think of as visual splendor.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    That Creed 2 teaser will be up tomorrow, too.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Creed 2! Can't wait. It's a shame Coogler isn't directing it though.
    Can't wait for this! Every trailer gets me more pumped for it. The shark hasn't got a chance against JS.

The political biopic The Front Runner, directed by Jason Reitman, has set its target on a November 7, 2018 release.

The plot: American Senator Gary Hart's presidential campaign in 1988 is derailed when he's caught in a scandalous love affair.

The cast: Hugh Jackman, Vera Farmiga, JK Simmons.

MV5_BMGJm_OWY5_Nzct_Zm_I4_MC00_YThk_LTlh_Nm_Qt_Yj_Yw_Zm_Y1_Nj_Qx_Zjc4_Xk_Ey_Xk_Fqc_Gde_QXVy_Nzk5_MTY4_MTU_V1_SY1000_CR0_0_1500_1000_AL.jpg

----

490786_m1529450458.jpg
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

Creed 2
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    doubleoego wrote: »

Creed 2

I love the Rocky movies I like what they are doing with this sequel.
    1st trailer for Reprisal, starring Frank Grillo and Bruce Willis:

That doesn´t look as bad as I expected.

1st trailer for the new film directed by Robert Zemeckis: