Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    So is Steven Spielberg playing Tron? :))
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    bondjames wrote: »
    Hopefully there's more to this film than the trailer, because it looks like one big computer game. Spielberg is a master of tension building so I have faith, but we've come a long way from E.T. or Jurassic Park.

Those are both boring as well.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited July 2017 Posts: 23,883
    bondjames wrote: »
    Hopefully there's more to this film than the trailer, because it looks like one big computer game. Spielberg is a master of tension building so I have faith, but we've come a long way from E.T. or Jurassic Park.

Those are both boring as well.
    I never liked E.T. (I understood why it connected though) but Jurassic Park was awesome imho.
    talos7 wrote: »
    I'm 54 years old and grew up loving movies, particularly those filled with incredible visuals; but somewhere along the way I've become numb to the spectacle....sigh
    That´s maybe because there´s a limit. When Nu-Metal became vogue, everyone thought they must tune their guitars more and more down. Until they found out that it doesn´t work endlessly.
    If the name Spielberg wasn´t attached to the trailer, I´d have thought it´s a middle class sci-fi flic. I got caught in the trailer by the Rush song, but that still leaves me with an aftertaste of no interest for the film.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @Creasy47 when does that one come out in the US? I have seen that film in theaters almost 2 months ago! Unusual for my country to get action films before the US.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego @Creasy47 @ClarkDevlin

1st trailer for the new Steven Spielberg film, Ready Player One:

That looks rubbish.
    edited July 2017 Posts: 40,449
    I checked Google and it says September 1st! What a margin of error, of sorts, between you guys getting it and the U.S. getting it. I'm surprised it hasn't simply dropped on the digital market yet.

EDIT: Happy to see others share the same sentiments about 'Ready Player One.' Thought I'd be the only one yet again that thought it looked terrible. Like a massive PS2 video game cutscene. I'll pass. Nostalgia only goes so far for me.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2017 Posts: 4,436
    @Creasy47 when does that one come out in the US? I have seen that film in theaters almost 2 months ago! Unusual for my country to get action films before the US.

In The Netherlands the movie already be released on 4 May. The movie did it better then November Man in the total. $516,675 in 6 weaks. But November Man did $465,047 in 3 weaks, but it are possible the only 3 weaks it be released and get more promotion. Unlocked did $446,248 in first 3 weaks.

Shame is that in promotion there not said from directer of The World is not Enough.

Unlocked Dutch BD release is 22 September 2017.
    M_Balje wrote: »

In The Netherlands the movie already be released on 4 May. The movie did it better then November Man in the total. $516,675 in 6 weaks. But November Man did $465,047 in 3 weaks, but it are possible the only 3 weaks it be released and get more promotion. Unlocked did $446,248 in first 3 weaks.

It sounds like 'The November Man' technically fared better in your country than 'Unlocked' did, then.

EDIT: Stallone confirms the return of Ivan Drago in 'Creed 2':

http://www.slashfilm.com/ivan-drago-in-creed-2/
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    CCH Pounder will return for the 'Avatar' sequels:

http://deadline.com/2017/07/cch-pounder-avatar-sequels-casting-1202134638/
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Serkis Talks His “Jungle Book” Differences

By
    Garth Franklin -

Monday, July 24th 2017 11:40 pm

Andy Serkis’ “Jungle Book: Origins” was supposed to hit last year, but has since been delayed with a 2018 release now being targeted. The delay is said to be in part to distance itself from Jon Favreau’s Disney film which proved a smash hit both critically and commercially last year.
    Serkis’ take is said to be much more faithful to Rudyard Kipling’s darker source material. There’s also a big difference in the animation style with the use of mo-cap in real-life locations as opposed to a fully CG animated jungle and creatures with a real kid green screened in.
    Speaking with Screen Rant recently, Serkis talked how his version is changing things up:
    “Well, ours is using performance capture, and theirs didn’t. Ours is shot on location, it’s in real locations, we shot in South Africa. [The film] is very much more like live action photography… We have these actors who played the animals as opposed to [just voicing] the animals, so there’s a great difference in that.
    The way of embodying that character and owning that role all the way through the conception and authorship of the role. [This version], as [in] the book, is grounded in India. It’s colonial and turn of the century, so it has that sort of authenticity and, I suppose, that sense of [being] closer to Rudyard Kipling’s world.”
    Serkis says he has no problems with the delays as it has given him plenty of time to get the ambitious project right:
    “I’ve got to say that personally I’m absolutely thrilled that Warner Brothers have changed the delivery date of our movie. The ambition for this project is huge. What we are attempting is an unprecedented level of psychological and emotional nuance in morphing the phenomenal performances of our cast into the facial expressions of our animals.”
    Alfonso Cuaron reportedly consulted on the project which stars Rohan Chand (Mowgli), Benedict Cumberbatch (Shere Khan), Cate Blanchett (Kaa), Christian Bale (Bagheera), Naomie Harris (Nisha), Tom Hollander (Tabaqui), Peter Mullan (Akela) and Eddie Marsan (Vihaan).
    “Jungle Book: Origins” is currently slated to open October 19th 2018
    New 'IT' trailer will drop this Thursday:

@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego @Creasy47 @ClarkDevlin

Finally, the revenge flick Message From the King with Chadwick Boseman is coming on Netflix on August 4th.

edited July 2017 Posts: 15,690

While waiting for 'Triple Threat', here's the latest trailer for the upcoming Tony Jaa action flick Paradox, which has been confirmed to be part of the SPL/Kill Zone trilogy (2005, 2015, and the 3rd one coming early 2018, again featuring Tony Jaa):

Also: Tony Jaa, Dave Bautista and Michelle Yeoh are about to start filming the spin-off of the IP Man franchise, 'Cheung Tin-chi', while an official 4th IP Man film with Donnie Yen is coming in late 2018 :

20213869_1944127625821583_6540179213968736256_n.jpg
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Jaa is a missed opportunity as a Bond Henchman. The rotunda fight from Warrior King is one of the most impressive fights put on film. And yet, it lasts for... what, 2 minutes.

Finally, the revenge flick Message From the King with Chadwick Boseman is coming on Netflix on August 4th.

This was supposed to originally come out a few days ago but August 4th is just around the corner. I can't wait to see this. All hail king T'Chadwick!

While waiting for 'Triple Threat', here's the latest trailer for the upcoming Tony Jaa action flick Paradox, which has been confirmed to be part of the SPL/Kill Zone trilogy (2005, 2015, and the 3rd one coming early 2018, again featuring Tony Jaa):

Also: Tony Jaa, Dave Bautista and Michelle Yeoh are about to start filming the spin-off of the IP Man franchise, 'Cheung Tin-chi', while an official 4th IP Man film with Donnie Yen is coming in late 2018 :

20213869_1944127625821583_6540179213968736256_n.jpg

Mate, God bless ya. It would be hard to keep up with all these new Asian action flicks if not for your much appreciated updates.
    Yeahhhhh, that's terrifying.

Also, look who is back in training for the inevitable 'John Wick: Chapter 3'?

A first look at 'Suburbicon,' with the trailer still set to arrive this week:

http://www.slashfilm.com/suburbicon-first-look-george-clooneys-coen-brothers-scripted-dark-comedy/

Damn, this cast was infinitely more promising (sans the incredible Pedro Pascal) the last few times this was gearing up. How they went from some of the previous choices to Wahlberg and Hedlund is beyond me.

http://deadline.com/2017/07/netflix-triple-frontier-mark-wahlberg-charlie-hunnam-garrett-hedlund-pedro-pascal-1202126476/

@Thunderfinger, haven't heard of that one before, looks great. I don't know his name, but the narrator sounds like Major Hellstrom from 'Inglourious Basterds.'
    That is Jonathan Rhys Meyers.

If you guys remember the trailer for this film:

Rick Roman Waugh, who directed that film, has just signed on to direct Angel Has Fallen , the upcoming 3rd film featuring Gerard Butler as Mike Banning.
    @DaltonCraig007, I don't think I've seen that trailer before. What an intense film! I can imagine that Angel Has Fallen will be a much darker & violent affair based on this.

1st trailer for Suburbicon, the new movie directed by George Clooney, written by the Coen brothers, and featuring Matt Damon, Julianne Moore and Oscar Isaac:

1st trailer for Suburbicon, the new movie directed by George Clooney, written by the Coen brothers, and featuring Matt Damon, Julianne Moore and Oscar Isaac:

This film has tremendously realistic atmosphere and some seriously dark humour. I'll be seeing for sure, but I don't know if it's going to be all that enjoyable on account of the tone.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    There's something very 'Young Guns' about this film. Like it's a showcase for up and comers and future stars. Similar to the original in that respect.