Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    @bondjames I really suggest 'Patriots Day' and 'Lone Survivor' if you have a few hours to spare. IMO both of these are to the level of 'Deepwater Horizon'. 'Mile 22' are their only dud as far as I'm concerned.

Agreed. Their first three collaborations are fine examples of efficient, kinetic filmmaking. LONE SURVIVOR and DEEPWATER HORIZON in particular are films that work very hard to suck you in to the plights of the characters with the deafening, painful sense of realism.

Unfortunately, none of that was present in MILE 22, which was a bafflingly dull, numb-skulled action film that wasted its potential at every turn.

Here's hoping they are back on form with this.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @CraigMooreOHMSS This new film seems more crime/thriller-esque than a flat-out action film, which is closer to their first 3 collaborations. And IMO Berg is a master at building up tension.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    @CraigMooreOHMSS This new film seems more crime/thriller-esque than a flat-out action film, which is closer to their first 3 collaborations. And IMO Berg is a master at building up tension.

Agreed. The ten minute increase in tension all the way up to the oil eruption in DEEPWATER HORIZON is astonishingly good on its own terms; made even better by the fact the film spends almost an hour establishing tensions between the characters themselves which also in itself was very engrossing.
    SharkBait wrote: »
    They're finally making a true Ghostbusters sequel, directed by Ivan Reitman's son Jason Reitman.

And there's already a teaser released by Sony.

That's better!!!
    I did enjoy the most recent Ghostbusters it was funnier than I expected.
    SaintMark wrote: »

Didn't bother with the remake, just could not bring myself to watch it. So hope they get the old cast back together some how if they are willing?
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    SaintMark wrote: »

Didn't bother with the remake, just could not bring myself to watch it. So hope they get the old cast back together some how if they are willing?

I've got daughters so I am bound to see the female remakes and like I said I quite enjoyed the last Ghostbuster movie it was not as bad as some made believe. There are far worse movies to watch.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited January 2019 Posts: 15,690
    Paramount is close to green-lighting a sequel to Bumblebee, after the critical and box office success of the first Transformers spin-off.
    @Creasy47 @bondjames @DarthDimi @ClarkDevlin @doubleoego @MajorDSmythe

A pair of high-frequency traders go up against their old boss in an effort to make millions in a fiber-optic cable deal.

That could either be brilliant or a total dud. In any case, the director deserves a medal for getting Jesse Eisenberg to talk like a halfway normal Person.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    This new HBO film (which cast quite a lot of real life prisoners) is looking very good:

• peterpeter Toronto
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    This new HBO film (which cast quite a lot of real life prisoners) is looking very good:

Whoa.
    Uh.
    Awesome.
    Agreed.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    d756txksevb21.jpg

That looks pretty powerful. Another fine example why JW should be given a meatier role in Bond 25. Clearly Wright is a quality actor.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    RogueAgent wrote: »

That looks pretty powerful. Another fine example why JW should be given a meatier role in Bond 25. Clearly Wright is a quality actor.
    He's a brilliant actor imho. I recommend Shaft and Syriana for two very different but equally good performances from him.
    Matthew McConaughey is at it again:

He seems to love these sorts of roles. They suit him too. It looks like fun.

Nicolas Cage is re-teaming with the producers of Mandy for his latest flick: Color Out of Space

'The story centers on the Gardners, a family who moves to a remote New England farmstead to escape the hustle of the 21st century. They are busy adapting to their new life when a meteorite crashes into their front yard. It seems to melt into the earth, infecting both the land and the properties of space-time with a strange, otherworldly color, and to the family’s horror they discover the alien force is gradually mutating every life form that it touches including them.'

Production will start next month.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Nicolas Cage is re-teaming with the producers of Mandy for his latest flick: Color Out of Space

'The story centers on the Gardners, a family who moves to a remote New England farmstead to escape the hustle of the 21st century. They are busy adapting to their new life when a meteorite crashes into their front yard. It seems to melt into the earth, infecting both the land and the properties of space-time with a strange, otherworldly color, and to the family’s horror they discover the alien force is gradually mutating every life form that it touches including them.'

Is it based on real events?

Yes, it's actually a biopic on Nicolas Cage himself.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Yes, it's actually a biopic on Nicolas Cage himself.

I see. Really looking forward to that.

Bring it on!

First official clip of Liam Neeson's new action flick, Cold Pursuit:

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Old Liam is really playing to type these days.

Nope. It's an adaptation of a short story by HP Lovecraft. Could be interesting. As long as there's no bees. ;)

First official clip of Liam Neeson's new action flick, Cold Pursuit:

That window Panorama alone already should be worth the fee.

First trailer for The White Crow, directed by & starring Ralph Fiennes:

----

First trailer for Xavier Dolan's The Death and Life of John F Donavan:

Starring Kit Harington, Natalie Portman, Thandie Newton, Susan Sarandon, Michael Gabon, Kathy Bates.

This deserves its own post: the first official images of Quentin Tarantino's Once Upon a Time in Hollywood:

g5mJnCv.jpg
    OS1ORI2.jpg
    PVBXMOA.jpg
    s40ZZSj.jpg
    ua24qFN.jpg
    XEiXmvq.jpg
    It looks very stylish. I'm definitely getting a 60s vibe. Can't wait for this.