Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I saw a trailer for that attached to Doctor Sleep, it was interesting getting to see one in theaters that had yet to make its way online.
    Mr. Roarke has certainly put on some weight. And is it me, or is Tatoo sexier in this movie ?
    First look at Chris Pratt and co. in the upcoming sci-fi film The Tomorrow War:

For a moment I thought a new Expendables film.

@Creasy47, how did you enjoy Doctor Sleep?
    Looks that way, doesn't it, @boldfinger? I must say, that's a pretty generic name for a film that's gone through numerous tweaks and revisions and changes in the title department.

As for Doctor Sleep, I really, really enjoyed it. Had this nice balance of feeling like a completely different film than The Shining, a beast that stands entirely on its own, while simultaneously being a proper and faithful sequel that really worked. The cast was great but Rebecca Ferguson really stole the show, and much like the original, the film relied on dread and horror rather than cheap jump scares or anything of the sort, which was more than appreciated. My only issues were the finale feeling a bit too on the nose at times and it sounds I would've appreciated some aspects of King's novel more than how they adapted it, but that's just a personal opinion. All in all, a very good movie.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    boldfinger wrote: »

:))

The plot for The Tomorrow War sounds pretty cool @boldfinger: A man is drafted to fight in a future war where the fate of humanity relies on his ability to confront his past.
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 5,767

The plot for The Tomorrow War sounds pretty cool @boldfinger: A man is drafted to fight in a future war where the fate of humanity relies on his ability to confront his past.
    @DaltonCraig007, I´m getting a headache just reading that :-)).
    What does that even mean, "confront his past"? Does he save humanity by admitting he cheated on his girlfriend?

@Creasy47, that´s good to hear! I find it interesting that the film apparently has real horror, since from the trailer I would have guessed it will be very light horror elements. I´m afraid I want to see it, and I´m afraid I want to re-watch The Shining too, which will end with me having filled my pants :-)).

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited November 2019 Posts: 15,690

@DaltonCraig007, I´m getting a headache just reading that :-)).

M1z72El.gif

;)
    Yes, @DaltonCraig007, something like that, although I don´t look as cool as Nic Cage :-)).
    @boldfinger, here's a snippet from the BloodyDigusting article that explains it further:

“The script, with drafts by Zach Dean and Bill Dubuque, is set in a future where humanity is losing a war against aliens. To turn the tide, scientists draft soldiers from the past to fight the war.”
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @boldfinger, here's a snippet from the BloodyDigusting article that explains it further:

“The script, with drafts by Zach Dean and Bill Dubuque, is set in a future where humanity is losing a war against aliens. To turn the tide, scientists draft soldiers from the past to fight the war.”

I presume Tom Cruise wasn't available? ;)

More seriously though, those are 2 solid writers - Dubuque worked on Ozark and The Accountant (& The Accountant 2), and Zach Dean is supposed to work on Atlantic Wall (the WW2 film from Gavin O'Connor, starring Bradley Cooper stuck behind enemy lines in Normandy the night before D-Day).
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Now if the reason for drafting soldiers from the past is because those guys know old alien invasion films inside out and understood their secret messages, then I´m in. I think the author of Ready Player One wrote a novel about people fighting an alien invasion with their knowledge of video games.

The Tomorrow War receives the official release date of December 25, 2020.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/chris-pratts-paramount-sci-fi-epic-tomorrow-war-lands-christmas-2020-release-1253985

----

The new Damien Chazelle film, Babylon, is officially coming on December 25, 2021.

“Babylon” is said take place during the transition from silent films to talkies and will feature a mix of real-life and fictional characters, similar to Quentin Tarantino’s “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.”

Starring: Emma Stone & Brad Pitt.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/paramount-damien-chazelle-babylon-emma-stone-brad-pitt-1203386882/

xoov2uqml8y31.jpg

xoov2uqml8y31.jpg

Glad they fixed that hideous design. To call the film a ball of energy based on the trailer would be an understatement. I’ve always been a fan of classic Sonic games, but skeptical of a film adaptation from the start. My curiosity I’m sure will drive me to see it either way.
    @FoxRox Jim Carrey alone is worth the price of admission. He seems to be having the time of his life hamming it up to 200%.
    @FoxRox Jim Carrey alone is worth the price of admission. He seems to be having the time of his life hamming it up to 200%.

He is quite the ham. My interest and excitement definitely skyrocketed in comparison to the first trailer.

----
    FoxRox wrote: »

He is quite the ham. My interest and excitement definitely skyrocketed in comparison to the first trailer.

Agreed, this trailer is night and day compared to the first one.

----

Paul Thomas Anderson will be directing his new project next year.

The untitled project is centered on a high school student, who is also a successful child actor, in the 1970's.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/paul-thomas-anderson-sets-1970s-high-school-movie-2020-production-1254077
    Brendan Gleeson in talks to join Denzel Washington and Frances McDormand in A24's Macbeth:

https://collider.com/brendan-gleeson-macbeth-a24/
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.

xoov2uqml8y31.jpg

It looks so much better I'm so happy.
    Paramount is currently developing a remake of Internal Afffairs, the 1990 crime film with Richard Gere & Andy Garcia.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/internal-affairs-reboot-works-at-paramount-1254253

----

4jm6wnpymby31.jpg
    @DarthDimi

Good news: Neill Blomkamp will finally be directing a new film: Inferno starts production in March 2020.

In Inferno, Taylor Kitsch plays a cop who is called to investigate a seemingly ordinary murder in the New Mexico desert. The arrival of the FBI confirms his suspicions that something bigger – perhaps extraterrestrial – is at play. The hunt for the killer puts him face-to-face with a humanoid beast who will stop at nothing to exterminate the one witness to the crime.

https://hnentertainment.co/neill-blomkamps-sci-fi-thriller-inferno-begins-filming-this-march-in-albuquerque-new-mexico/
    @DarthDimi

Good news: Neill Blomkamp will finally be directing a new film: Inferno starts production in March 2020.

In Inferno, Taylor Kitsch plays a cop who is called to investigate a seemingly ordinary murder in the New Mexico desert. The arrival of the FBI confirms his suspicions that something bigger – perhaps extraterrestrial – is at play. The hunt for the killer puts him face-to-face with a humanoid beast who will stop at nothing to exterminate the one witness to the crime.

https://hnentertainment.co/neill-blomkamps-sci-fi-thriller-inferno-begins-filming-this-march-in-albuquerque-new-mexico/
    Sounds propa. Sound s a bit like humans having a deal with aliens. That is always a good thing.

Alexander Skarsgård, Tessa Thompson, Ruth Negga & André Holland join Rebecca Hall's directorial debut, Passing.

The story of two African-American women, each of whom can “pass” as white but choose to live on opposite sides of the color line in 1928 Harlem.

https://deadline.com/2019/11/alexander-skarsgard-endeavor-content-film4-join-rebecca-hall-directorial-debut-passing-shoot-underway-1202784755/

----

ilmkkjx7yhy31.png
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

This thumbnail gets the click bait award of 2019

From playing Nathan Drake to playing Sully in roughly a decade. What a shame. Not only do I not see him as Sully but I just cannot believe they're going the "young Drake" route with Holland. I figure this'll be another major disappointment of a video game adaptation.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Uncharted simply won't work as well as a film. Watching the action sequences vs being in them. Just leave it be, please.
    Quentin Tarantino teases a book, play and TV series that he's been working on and/or completed and insinuates his 10th film may be, as expected, several years away:

https://collider.com/quentin-tarantino-book-play-series/
    beautiful-day-in-the-neighborhood-ver3-xlg.jpg